An introduction...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

floatinjoe

An introduction...

Post by floatinjoe »

I didn't see a post or rule requesting one, but many of the forums I've been on encourage one.

I have been of fan of the Adam West Batman since first seeing it as a child. To this day, it is still my favorite portrayal of the character. I've done costuming on and off over the years, with my only really serious costume being Indiana Jones. I used that costume for the San Diego Comic Con in 2006 and 2007. I haven't made it back there since I left the area the following year.

I've been a lurker here on and off over the years. Recently, my 2, almost 3, year-old has become a big fan of Batman (specifically, the Superfriends version, but I'm trying to get him to watch the 1966 series). He is always running around the house in one of his superhero shirts/pajamas. Recently, he has taken to announcing that he is Batman, Daddy is Robin, and Mommy is Wonder Woman.

I'm probably going to be working to build a costume for him in the future. I'm currently working to build him a "play" utility belt. I say "play" because I know it will receive significant wear and tear, and will need to allow him to grow. This definitely won't be of costume quality. Maybe for Halloween, he can get an actual costume (Maybe I'll be allowed to join the fun and dress up too).

I look forward to spending time here and learning as much as I can. I will probably be spending most of my time reading in the Bat Crafts board.

Mike

P.S. I'm located in Alexandria, VA (outside Washington, DC). Is there anyone on here that is in the area?
Ben Bentley

Re: An introduction...

Post by Ben Bentley »

Welcome to our board Mike! Keep us posted on your progress with the little guy's costume over in the Bat-Craft section.
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

Welcome!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.Welcome.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Thank you for the welcome. I went digging through some pictures last night and came across this one. In 2006, I went to the SDCC as Indiana Jones. I ran into a 66 Batman there. Is this anyone on the board?
100_1479.JPG
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

floatinjoe wrote:Thank you for the welcome. I went digging through some pictures last night and came across this one. In 2006, I went to the SDCC as Indiana Jones. I ran into a 66 Batman there. Is this anyone on the board?
100_1479.JPG
That would be our buddy John, who goes under the username "Mauled Vader" around these parts!
Wayne Faucher

Post by Wayne Faucher »

Welcome aboard the board!
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Welcome!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Commodore Schmidlapp

Post by Commodore Schmidlapp »

Welcome, and I will add to this thread as I just registered, too.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Batman TV show, but I know nothing about the other incarnations of Batman.

I'm more or less a fan of TV shows with either a surreal or absurd element - The Munsters, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, and of course, Batman.

I sheepishly admit I haven't bought the DVD set, but certainly will. I'm waiting to see if the price drops, as I have all the episodes recorded off TV Land circa 2003.

Dusting off the videocassettes, I was curious about certain things involving the show; a Google search led me here, and I have spent endless hours just reading past threads.

I was surprised Commodore Schmidlapp was available for a username ("I say, you're face has the most ghastly pallor. Are you sure you're getting enough of the good old sea air?"). My next choice would've been A.L. Fred.
Joe Kerr

Post by Joe Kerr »

I do not mean to jump on someone else's post, but I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself.
Batman '66 and the Michael Keaton film are the first memories I have of the character, and having first watched all 120 episodes, years ago when they replayed on TV, it is great to finally have the complete set on DVD.

I love this incarnation of Batman; and Adam West and Cesar Romero really stands as defining entries of the characters.

I look forward to being apart of this board.

Best,
Joe Kerr
".... I'll have it, the last laugh will still be mine!" -The Joker, "The Joker's Last Laugh"