A guarding question

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jaws63

A guarding question

Post by Jaws63 »

It seems to me some of these criminals were able to break into and out of museums, art galleries, banks, libraries, prisons, what have you, rather easily. Now either some of these security systems are faulty, or the guards are weak and not very bright.

Which episodes show us a security guard? Thank you.
Pengy

Re: A guarding question

Post by Pengy »

I remember Penguin gassing the security guard at the Gotham Mint in 'Penguin's clean sweep' in season 3.

Penguin's cronies broke him out of the city jail using a high voltage battery pie to knock out the Cop on guard duty in one of his season 2 episodes 'The Penguin's Nest'.

Mr. Freeze froze the security guard in the Gotham bank his season 1 episode 'Instant Freeze'.

Catwoman used her cat to knock out the guard in the museum in her season 1 episode 'The purrr-fect crime'.

King Tut and his men knocked out the guard in the museum in one of his season 2 episodes 'King Tut's Coup'.
philigan

Post by philigan »

Zelda knocked out a guard, big time.
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

Guards on "Batman" are akin to the red shirts on "Star Trek".
dell

Post by dell »

I think it is just part of the show that guards may be competent against regular criminals, but they are no match for arch criminals. Only Batman and Robin can handle these. We saw time and again Batman telling the police to stay out of the way whenever Batman and Robin went up against the villain of the week.
dell
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Pengy wrote:
Catwoman used her cat to knock out the guard in the museum in her season 1 episode 'The purrr-fect crime'.
Uh, I think that was Robin - "Holy cats - a CAT!"
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

WayneGrayson wrote:
Uh, I think that was Robin - "Holy cats - a CAT!"
No I'm talking about in the beginning of the episode when she steals the gold cat statue from the glass case in the museum. She pulls the guard's gun out of his hand with her whip and then knocks out the guard with her cat.
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Marsha, Queen of Diamonds would be high on the list for the way she mesmerized and put to sleep about a half-dozen bank guards at once.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

chrisbcritter wrote:Marsha, Queen of Diamonds would be high on the list for the way she mesmerized and put to sleep about a half-dozen bank guards at once.
That's one of my favorite scenes with security guards LOL

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned, another one of my favorite security guard scenes(probably the most obvious). In "The Impractical Joker/The Jokers provokers" , the entire premise leads us to Alfred(Alan Napier) meeting his cousin Egbert(Also played by Alan Napier) at the water works. I remember as a kid watching this in it's first time run thinking the guard was a totally different actor(as the show went on I realized it was the same actor). Very good acting, well done.
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

The Riddler hit a guard in the face with a pie in 'Death in Slow Motion'.

He also gassed a library guard in 'Ring of Wax'.

There were two guards hit with fear gas in 'The Great Train Robbery'.

False Face disguised himself as a guard in part 1 - but then forgot he wasn't supposed to park in front of a fire hydrant. He was also a bank guard in part 2 for a few seconds.

Probably a lot more as well.