Richard Bakalyan, RIP?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

Richard Bakalyan, RIP?

Post by Dr. Shimel »

I saw a post on Sherry Jackson's Facebook page that had a photo of Richard Bakalyan, indicating he had died yesterday. All it had was this: Richard Bakalyan January 29, 1931 - Feb 27, 2015
Dr. Shimel

Re: Richard Bakalyan, RIP?

Post by Dr. Shimel »

John Mack

Post by John Mack »

And we should point out that he played the little green man in the Joker's Fying Saucer episode.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
High C

Post by High C »

Sad news. Definitely was an interesting person. In addition to his dozens of acting credits, he wrote the screenplay for a 1970 'anti-hero' Western called Five Savage Men and also titled sometimes as The Animals.

I'll admit the (very violent) movie wasn't my cup of tea, but it certainly showed he had abilities beyond simply playing tough guys.

Wow, didn't know he was a henchman to Joker, Tut, Riddler and Louie the Lilac. That might be the record for most different villain employers.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Actually I believe he was one of King Tut's victims (famed European pantomimist Fouad Sphinx, who was severely pummeled about the head and shoulders and tied up in the classic tradition).

But I bet that three villainous employers is still the record.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

I'm sorry to see him go as well. He had quite the acting resume on IMDB in terms of all the shows and movies he did. I enjoyed his work throughout his lengthy career.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"