Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by Scott Sebring »

bat-rss wrote:Something's bugging me. In Episode 2 when Molly falls into the nuclear pile in the Batcave, what's Batman's line? I recalled it as "What a way to go-go". Listening to The Batcave podcast from 2 years ago, I heard it quoted the same way. But on the DVD, he says "What a terrible way to go-go." Was this changed? Or did we all misremember it?
It's still the same. Like much pop culture quotes, many of us tend to misquote the real thing.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

I probably missed Cornell's upside-down utility belt in 'Catwoman Goes to College' because I was too busy being distracted by the fact that when she walks towards him and glances down to check the time, for what I believe is the first and only time VPL was clearly showing through Ms Newmar's catsuit...

(P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's also the only indication we ever get that the medallion around her neck serves as a watch).
dell

Post by dell »

dell wrote:Here's a heads up for the first Catwoman episode; well, actually the second episode. Can you spot two inconsistencies when Robin is on the board over the tiger pit?
No one ever responded to these so I'll answer them myself.

1. Before Catwoman arrives you can clearly see Felix checking the two straps holding Robin to the board when he is over the tiger pit. After Catwoman "bastes" him with catnip the straps are gone, but no one removed them.

2. After Robin wakes up and looks down at the tigers a red plank can be clearly seen holding up the board he is lying on. But both before and after this scene there is no red plank.
dell
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Yellow Oval wrote:Did anybody notice it never rains or snows, but it's always sunny in Gotham City? I want to live there!
It always seems to be rather warm there, or else Robin would have frozen to death.

It's the heat of the day - unusual weather we're having, don't you think. :D
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

WayneGrayson wrote:
Yellow Oval wrote:Did anybody notice it never rains or snows, but it's always sunny in Gotham City? I want to live there!
It always seems to be rather warm there, or else Robin would have frozen to death.

It's the heat of the day - unusual weather we're having, don't you think. :D
Actually, rain had fallen at the start of Part 2 of the Penguin/Marsha teamup as the Duo is flying through the air after being catapulted. The scene of the Batmobile driving through the rainy streets of Gotham City in that ep is reused in the second Louie the Lilac appearance. Plus, it almost rained in the John Astin Riddler finale.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Nope, it never rained on the Batmobile, thank goodness. It's the one scenario that Batman probably wasn't prepared for!
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
dell

Post by dell »

Batfanman wrote:Nope, it never rained on the Batmobile, thank goodness. It's the one scenario that Batman probably wasn't prepared for!
I bet Batman was prepared for rain. He's probably got a bunch of Penguin's umbrellas in the Batmobile trunk.
dell
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

There were no wiper blades on the Batmobile, let alone a roof. We'll have to see if Mark Racop can come up with a solution to this Bat-trap! :)
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

He had Bat-X on the windshields; the water just slid off the glass.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

The necklace was used by Catwoman as a 2-way radio in the "Hot Off the Griddle" episode...with James Brolin driving the money truck!!
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Yep, I did notice that! ;)

Already workin' on it.
Attachments
DSC_0118.JPGb.jpg
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
harveytwoface999

Post by harveytwoface999 »

When the Mad Hatter steals all those hatboxes at the beginning of "The Contaminated Cowl," you can see the cable that controls the hat painted orange to match his wig:

Also, in "The Zodiac Crimes" when the Penguin gets mailed to the Joker's hideout, there's a barely-visible chin strap behind the Penguin's ear. Probably just to keep his hat from falling off when he comes out of the box:

You guys weren't lying about these DVDs - it's like watching the show for the first time all over again!
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

harveytwoface999 wrote:When the Mad Hatter steals all those hatboxes at the beginning of "The Contaminated Cowl," you can see the cable that controls the hat painted orange to match his wig:
Good spot there. Love that clip, the dialogue between Mad Hatter and the shop owner is priceless.

Although we had seen at the end of "Batman Stands Pat" the hat is operated by something Batman had in his hand, it raises the question how was it supposed to work anyway? Do we assume the Hatter always had the control in his hand, or was it activated by some mind power?
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

A bit of trivia for you...

Do you see that Henchman standing to the far left in the Joker/Penguin screenshot? That's Charles Picerni. His brother was an actor Paul Picerni, from the original "House of Wax." Chuck played a silent henchman in the Clock King episode.

Chuck has been one of Hollywood's premiere stuntmen since the 60's. He's been in shows like "Mannix," "Kojak," "Magnum," and tons of other shows. He's been Stunt Coordinator in a million shows as well. Whenever he shows up in an episode of old television that I'm watching I always say to myself, "Well, there's Chuck Picerni. There's going to be a fight!" And I'm never wrong. And usually the fight his pretty spectacular. Occasionally they'll make him a character and give him lines.

But he was most famous for growing his hair long and curly and becoming Paul Michael Glaser's stunt double for "Starsky & Hutch!" He's one of the unsung greats whom I'd love to meet someday.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Wally, I wonder if this guy is related to him?

https://www.facebook.com/chuck.picerni
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!