Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by clavierankh »

Not to mention in "The Impractical Jokers" Bruce and Dick are going to watch GH on TV. Holy Self Promotion by Dozier
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

BatBrain wrote:I can't remember which episode exactly, but earlier in the show (I believe second season), during a batclimb, Green Hornet and Kato have a cameo appearance and both duos acknowledge one another as if they were crime fighting pals.
It is the first meeting for both sets of crimefighters, but presumably Britt and Bruce are old pals. A King Tut episode, #41 "The Spell Of Tut".

https://youtu.be/6Wv4g_WRPxw

http://www.66batmania.com/trivia/batclimb.php
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

As noted before, Batman had four different cameo appearances by the stars of new ABC shows that Fall:

*Phyllis Diller as a cleaning woman in the first Minstrel episode.
*Milton Berle as a prisoner in the second Ma Parker episode.
*The GH window batclimb.
*Howard Duff in a window batclimb (episode?) was co-starring in Felony Squad.

There's one GH episode where the criminals are watching Batman. :lol:
dell

Post by dell »

I thought they used Phyllis Diller very well for a cameo. I always thought it was funny that they had people who had no idea who Batman and Robin were. Anyway, she said something like:

"They told me to expect a replacement. I just didn't know there'd be two of ya. Anyway, you got here. Glad you wore your old clothes. This joint is a mess."
dell
dell

Post by dell »

And then there was Laughing Leo the used car salesman in the Shame episode. He asks if Batman was looking to trade in the Batmobile for a newer car as his had seen better days.
dell
HELLOLARRY

Post by HELLOLARRY »

Austinunc wrote:Why is it that in most episodes that adam never drives the bat mobile? It's always the stunt double and then the camera pans away and then adam and Burt appear in the car.
It could be one of two things - a liability thing in the event there was an accident with the car so the stars didn't get hurt or second unit directing. Directing all of the scenes of them in the Batmobile which were used throughout the series probably had to be done with a second unit concurrent with the stars filming the main scenes.
HELLOLARRY

Post by HELLOLARRY »

Dr. Shimel wrote:As noted before, Batman had four different cameo appearances by the stars of new ABC shows that Fall:

*The GH window batclimb.

There are actually two Green Hornet episodes where they are watching Batman. The first is 'The Secret of the Sally Belle" and the second title escapes me but it is later in the season (this scene takes place in Britt Reed's home (maybe "Ace in the Hole").

Then you have - in addition to the window cameo - the scene in "The Impractical Joker" where Bruce and Dick are watching the Green Hornet before Joker cuts in on the signal.
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

Speaking of Green Hornet, has anyone seen the latest season of Venture Bros.? The Monarch finds out that his father was a Green Hornet-esque hero known as The Blue Morpho. There is even a Batcave like lair beneath the house, complete with labelled crime computer.
/|\=^..^=/|\
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

HELLOLARRY wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote:As noted before, Batman had four different cameo appearances by the stars of new ABC shows that Fall:

*The GH window batclimb.

There are actually two Green Hornet episodes where they are watching Batman. The first is 'The Secret of the Sally Belle" and the second title escapes me but it is later in the season (this scene takes place in Britt Reed's home (maybe "Ace in the Hole").

Then you have - in addition to the window cameo - the scene in "The Impractical Joker" where Bruce and Dick are watching the Green Hornet before Joker cuts in on the signal.
video I made and posted to youtube showing the scenes of The Green Hornet on Batman/Batman on The Green Hornet
https://youtu.be/g8Agfk3PrvY
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

In the "Louie the Lilac" episode, when Barbara is using the Batphone to call Batman, the top of the plastic phone cover buckles. I thought it was hard plastic, but apparently the top is soft. Strange.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Just caught up with The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers and noticed a sign on a gate near where Alfred gets on his bicycle. It read Entrance To The Subterranean Grotto and I'm wondering if it was ever used and where it might lead to.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Phil B wrote:Just caught up with The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers and noticed a sign on a gate near where Alfred gets on his bicycle. It read Entrance To The Subterranean Grotto and I'm wondering if it was ever used and where it might lead to.
Adam and Burt exit the cave via it on foot at one point during "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle".
Batman S03E23 - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle - 0591.jpg
Batman S03E23 - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle - 0592.jpg
Batman S03E23 - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle - 0593.jpg
Batman S03E23 - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle - 0594.jpg
Batman S03E23 - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle - 0595.jpg
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

During "The Thirteenth Hat", Robin is hit by the mesmeriser and Batman says "Robin, old chum".

Couple of episodes later, during "The Purrfect Crime", robin falls unconscious in the museum, again Batman says "Robin, old chum", but it sounds like the exact same line just dubbed in from "Thirteenth Hat".
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Tom1980 wrote:During "The Thirteenth Hat", Robin is hit by the mesmeriser and Batman says "Robin, old chum".

Couple of episodes later, during "The Purrfect Crime", robin falls unconscious in the museum, again Batman says "Robin, old chum", but it sounds like the exact same line just dubbed in from "Thirteenth Hat".
He said that a lot during the series, not just those 2 instances.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Phil B wrote:Just caught up with The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers and noticed a sign on a gate near where Alfred gets on his bicycle. It read Entrance To The Subterranean Grotto and I'm wondering if it was ever used and where it might lead to.
A grotto, being an underground cave with water usually leading out to a lake or sea, would have been an excellent place to keep the Batboat with instant access from the Batcave saving traveling time to it as well. Anybody notice that where they kept the Batboat out at that dock loosely moored was an excellent place to have it stolen?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"