Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Phil B

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by Phil B »

Ben Bentley wrote: Adam and Burt exit the cave via it on foot at one point during "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle".
Thanks for that. I would have had to wait awhile for the episode to come along.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Yellow Oval wrote: A grotto, being an underground cave with water usually leading out to a lake or sea, would have been an excellent place to keep the Batboat with instant access from the Batcave saving traveling time to it as well. Anybody notice that where they kept the Batboat out at that dock loosely moored was an excellent place to have it stolen?
That makes sense. Far better than having the Batboat moored loosely at the dock.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

Phil B wrote:
Ben Bentley wrote: Adam and Burt exit the cave via it on foot at one point during "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle".
Thanks for that. I would have had to wait awhile for the episode to come along.
Signage 1, I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Signage 2, I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Signage by Ian McLean, on Flickr

Above: This scene of an earlier launch of the Bat drone is from a different episode (with Shame) on the same disc.

Did anyone ever notice? "Los Angeles County" marked on a Gotham City Historical & Art Museum in "The Ogg Couple".

Museum blooper by Ian McLean, on Flickr
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Another bust of the bard in Cmsr. Gordon's office? Looks like to me.
Attachments
Gordon Shakespeare bust.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Therin of Andor

The Commissioner and o'Hara discuss their wives at the end of the first Marsha duology, but Gordon's wife seems to be gone by Season Three.
Therin of Andor

Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I must have watched The Ghost and Mr. Chicken a million times but didn't spot Okie Annie (from Come Back Shame/It's How You Play the Game) was being played by Joan Staley. Her long blonde hair and the way she portrayed Annie threw me completely.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

In "Penguin's Clean Sweep" Batman uses a regular phone to call the Commissioner on the red phone. That seemed odd to me. In the scene in the bank where he's calling the Commissioner, you can see the staple that's holding the left ear on to the fiberglass cowl shell. It looks like the ear has started to pull away some, which is why you can see the staple between the back of the ear and the surface of the cowl.

The clerk at Spiffany's seemed odd to me. It's in the Dr. Cassandra episode. I'm thinking that it must've been one of the production guys because his acting was so awful. Anybody know who he is?

I finished the series last night, so now I've seen all 120 episodes in their entirety. While I hated to see it go, it really had become tired. But it was nice to see Dozier and Horowitz in the final episode. Did you notice that when Commissioner Gordon was talking about Dozier and Horowitz in his office, the scene was obviously dubbed over. Almost as if the characters' names were different when they shot it, and they had Neil come in and loop in the new dialogue when it was decided that Dozier and Horowitz would be appearing as themselves.

I also loved the Commissioner's line about Batfights only lasting 40 seconds. It must've been an inside joke about network notes that batfights can't last any longer than 40 seconds...even though many of them did.

All in all I feel very blessed that I've been able to see all 120 episodes, uncut, uninterrupted in crystal clear quality. It's great to be alive!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

staple
close caption give us this info, searching, he was a real person
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G._David_Schine

..and did they add "THE END" graphic in the prologue ending clip to signify the actual ending of the series? or just a visual joke placed on a specific body part on Zsa Zsa Gabor.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

G. David Schine was an aid to ROy Cohn chief council to Sen. Jo McCathy during McCarthys anticommmunist hearings.

He was drafted into the Army and Cohn tried to get im special treatment and a commission when the Army refsed it led directly to the Army McCarthy hearings.

Batman is his only acting credit.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

I noticed in Death in Slow Motion/The Riddler's False Notion that Sherry Jackson must have been wardrobe typecast. Her outfit in Batman and Lost in Space are eerily similar.
Attachments
sherry.jpg
sherry.jpg (130.57 KiB) Viewed 6221 times
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

clavierankh wrote:G. David Schine was an aid to ROy Cohn chief council to Sen. Jo McCathy during McCarthys anticommmunist hearings.

He was drafted into the Army and Cohn tried to get im special treatment and a commission when the Army refsed it led directly to the Army McCarthy hearings.

Batman is his only acting credit.
A couple of other non-actors in that final year included:

*Fashion designer Rudi Gernreich (from the Catwoman fashion episode)
*Former JFK press secretary Pierre Salinger (from the second part of the Joker/Catwoman episode)

In 1957, Schine married Miss Universe of 1956, Hillevi Rombin of Sweden. Tragically, the couple and their son were killed in a plane crash in June 1996 in a private plane piloted by the son.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Phil B wrote:I noticed in Death in Slow Motion/The Riddler's False Notion that Sherry Jackson must have been wardrobe typecast. Her outfit in Batman and Lost in Space are eerily similar.
The two episodes were shot less than a month apart and the two shows shared the the same lot, with props going back and forth. Of course, they probably could have dressed her in a burlap sack and she'd still look great. :D
Therin of Andor

Phil B wrote:I noticed in Death in Slow Motion/The Riddler's False Notion that Sherry Jackson must have been wardrobe typecast. Her outfit in Batman and Lost in Space are eerily similar.
http://tothebatpoles.blogspot.com.au/20 ... nd-36.html

The dress was also worn by Heidi Jenson, playing one of the poor people of Gotham City in the Archer episode, and was seen in a publicity still (often mislabeled as Sherry Jackson) perched on the Batmobile.
http://batman60stv.wikia.com/wiki/Pauline
Therin of Andor

Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Dr. Shimel wrote: The two episodes were shot less than a month apart and the two shows shared the the same lot, with props going back and forth. Of course, they probably could have dressed her in a burlap sack and she'd still look great. :D
That's true.
A pic of the outfit she wore in Star Trek probably wouldn't get past the moderators. :)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Phil B wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote: The two episodes were shot less than a month apart and the two shows shared the the same lot, with props going back and forth. Of course, they probably could have dressed her in a burlap sack and she'd still look great. :D
That's true.
A pic of the outfit she wore in Star Trek probably wouldn't get past the moderators. :)
Even a decade later, she looked fantastic in an episode of Starsky and Hutch--wearing even less. :lol: