Mr.Freeze

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by Mr.Freeze »

"probably could have dressed her in a burlap sack"

Same with Locklear (cept for those horrid 80s hairstyle photos , shudder :lol:
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Sherry has always been one of my favorites since I saw her in "GUNN' with Craig Stevens. She's still gorgeous and will be at the next Hollywood Collector Show July 9th in L.A.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

The guards at the jewelry store in The Zodiac Crimes, where Joker and Venus swipe the diamonds known as The Twins, share names with False Face henchmen: Pinkerton and Burns.

Those were well-known private security companies back in the day (one is still around), so the names made literal sense for the guards. For the goons, the names underscored FF's compulsion to play all things false: He named his thieving thugs after protectors of property.

The False Face and Zodiac Crimes arcs were the only Batman episodes written by Stephen Kandel, who cranked out scripts for dozens of shows from the 1950s through 1990. According to his IMDB profile, Kandel is a Taurus.

Cheers,

QQ
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Sherry Jackson was in a Rockford Files I saw yesterday. Loved Chief O'Hara's line about her character, "Hard as nails and knows her rights too."

I don't think it's a staple in the ear, at least on the Hardeman cowl in the third season it was a stitch.
Attachments
P9200031 - Copy.JPG
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Very interesting. I was under the impression that Securitas Security aquired Pinkerton in 1999.
http://www.securitasinc.com/en/who-we-a ... r-history/
Music. BAT! Music.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Just watched That Darn Catwoman and noticed the narrator said same tune in next week. I've tried a search but couldn't find an answer. Was Scat Darn Catwoman preempted?
alfredthebutler

Post by alfredthebutler »

I think that those particular episodes came inbetween the two three parter episodes. As they only showed two episodes a week, then there'd be a bit of confusion until it put itself right.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Yes, "That Darn Catwoman" appeared on a Thursday night, following the Wednesday-night conclusion of the Zodiac Crimes three-parter. "Scat, Darn Catwoman" ran the following Wednesday, followed the next night by the first installment of the Penguin-Marsha three-parter.
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

alfredthebutler wrote:I think that those particular episodes came inbetween the two three parter episodes. As they only showed two episodes a week, then there'd be a bit of confusion until it put itself right.
Quillpen Quirch wrote:Yes, "That Darn Catwoman" appeared on a Thursday night, following the Wednesday-night conclusion of the Zodiac Crimes three-parter. "Scat, Darn Catwoman" ran the following Wednesday, followed the next night by the first installment of the Penguin-Marsha three-parter.
Ah. Thanks for clearing that up.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Joker's paintgun in 'Pop goes the Joker' is the same as the sonic beam blaster from Catwoman's henchman in 'The Bat's Kow Tow' or 'That Darn Catwoman'. The end of the barrel looks like it's slightly altered, but other than that it's same the gun.
Anybody know what they used for a base? Looks like a modified toy gun... When used by Catwoman's henchmen it didn't do anything, by the time the Joker got his hands on it, they had modified it so it could shoot paint, so maybe it was a water gun?

"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

My apologies if this has been posted before:

At the beginning of the Zodiac Crimes episode, Batman puts a bug detector (or maybe it was the mini fire extinguisher) behind his belt.

A second later, you can CLEARLY hear it hit the floor and roll around!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

There are a couple of funky pronunciations at play in the hot-air balloon cliffhanger that spans "The Puzzles are Coming" and "The Duo is Slumming."

In Desmond Doomsday's narration of the first episode's conclusion, he refers to the altimeter tracking the balloon's ascent as an "alti-MEE-ter". In the opening moments of episode 2, Robin and Batman both say the name of the instrument correctly ("al-TIM-uh-ter"), but Batman butchers the name of the bird that eventually rescues him and Robin. The feathered savior is a nonsensically named variant of a real bird species, the nuthatch -- pronounced "nut hatch" -- but Batman calls it a "nu thatch." Twice. :D
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

About the cigarettes in the 43 serial:Those serials were on such a deadline and shot so quickly, and on such a tight budget, nothing short of Batman's cowl being ripped off was in danger of being reshot. Actually, if his cowl did come off, they'd probably just stop shooting and put it back on as they did with Lew's cape in one scene. Andy would know what episode to look for.
As for our series, not sure if it was covered here, but Batman's Batradio falls off his belt when on the Batcopter ladder in the movie.
Music. BAT! Music.
Frenchy1939

Post by Frenchy1939 »

Here’s one I just discovered. In The Zodiac Crimes episode, it opens with a map of Gotham. It’s actually a map of Manhattan Island.

It also has “Short Island Sound written on it!

Wow. I’m glad for the blu ray discs and the pause button!
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Another note on the Zodiac Crimes trilogy: There's a subtle nod to 1964's Dr. Strangelove in the silly seduction scene between Penguin and Venus in "The Penguin Declines," as Penguin urges Venus to conserve "precious bodily fluids."
Penguin: Tell me, my heavenly hyacinth: When was the last time you had a good drink of water?

Venus: Drink of water? Oh, you can't get any water. Nothing comes out of the faucets but strawberry jelly. I guess that's how rich millionaires live.

Penguin: Then you're probably thirsty, eh? Champagne! [Rob Reiner carts in chilled Champagne and fills two glasses.] You'll have some Champagne my dear... [unintelligible cooing baby talk as Pengy pinches Venus's cheek]... Champagne, eh?

Venus: Oh I, I really don't think I should, Pengy.

Penguin: Why? Do you want to die of dehydrophalia?

Venus: What's that?

Penguin: Why that's the loss of precious bodily fluids due to a lack of, uh, liquid in the—in the tissues.

Venus: Sounds terrible!

Penguin: Drink up, my dear, drink up! ... [Satisfied Penguin quacks] ... Drink up my dear, save yourself from sin...