Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Bat-Tiger

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by Bat-Tiger »

I don't know if this has been mentioned on the board before but...

Has anyone noticed how the Michael Keaton Batman movies borrowed some plot from our beloved 60s series?

Pop Goes The Joker/Flop Goes The Joker has the Clown Prince of Crime as an artist. In Batman, he's obsessed with art.

Batman Returns combined elements from Hizzoner The Penguin/Dizzoner The Penguin, as well as The Penguin Goes Straight/ Not Yet He Ain't. In which Pengy seeks to endear himself to the citizens of Gotham and discredit Batman.
/|\=^..^=/|\
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

When Alfred is mistaken for a minister at the Church in-Enter Batgirl, Exit Penquin- the word SCIENCE is in the stained glass (window maybe, hard to tell with cheap set design) weird for a church.
In the cold opening of Ring Around the Riddler, millionaire Bruce Wayne is using a wire coat hanger as an antenna for his T.V.!!!
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

In The Thirteenth Hat, the Mad Hatter captures the jurors who convicted him.

Wasn't it quite a far co-incidence that some of them lived (or worked) at points which, when joined up, happened to form the shape of a top hat?

Also, we had just seen in the Hatter's hideout that he had stole a lot more hats then the one's Batman picked to use in his dot-to-dot, so he could have ended up with a totally different picture.
Tom1980

Post by Tom1980 »

Watched the Ma Parker episode yesterday, and never noticed before that Legs' prison serial number across her chest was also vital statistics.

Never ceases to amaze me how much there is to notice, and a lot of it is not forced into your face either. Some might have made a big thing out of every joke to make sure the viewer got it, but not in this series.
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

Forgive me if this has been posted but...

Every time Batman & Robin exit the Batmobile in front of City Hall, the same people are walking in front?
/|\=^..^=/|\
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Bat-Tiger wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted but...

Every time Batman & Robin exit the Batmobile in front of City Hall, the same people are walking in front?

Total coincidence! :lol:
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

Batfanman wrote:
Bat-Tiger wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted but...

Total coincidence! :lol:
I suppose they could be a group of highly civic minded citizens out for their daily visit to City Hall. :lol:
/|\=^..^=/|\
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Ah, the effects stock footage has on the mind...
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
High C

Post by High C »

More interesting than the stock footage is that if you watch carefully the scene in front of the bank in Nora Clavicle, you'll see some extras pass the Terrific Trio and then come back walking in the opposite direction! Guess they could only afford a certain amount of extras. :?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Other stock footage that got regular play:

*The 14-mile trip from the Batcave, with a few variations

*The drive through Gotham City
Edward Nigma

Post by Edward Nigma »

I noticed something interesting in Give 'Em the Axe.

During the fight scene in the museum basement, Batman pushes the Joey Tata character into a pile of boxes on the right side of the screen. The fight then shifts to the center of the screen. But if you keep your eye on the bottom right corner of the screen, you can see Tata (or his stunt double) crouching next to the rack and waiting for his cue to rejoin the fight.

I noticed it for the first time because the orange hat he wears is now so bright in high-def that he really stands out. It doesn't spoil the fight scene for me seeing Tata or his stunt double prepping on camera for the rest of the fight. No one ever expected, lo these 49 years later, that we would have the means to notice stuff that went unnoticed at the time!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It always amazes me as I work my way through these dvds all the stuff ALL OF US did miss. I am always noticing new things. As Wally Wingert eluded to earlier in this thread, it is almost like a new hobby. I am guessing, some of that stuff they would never ever get away with now a days.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I am guessing, some of that stuff they would never ever get away with now a days.
For example in Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin when Penguin is pulling Barbara through the top of the elevator I think we see more of her than we are supposed to.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

clavierankh wrote:
I am guessing, some of that stuff they would never ever get away with now a days.
For example in Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin when Penguin is pulling Barbara through the top of the elevator I think we see more of her than we are supposed to.
We'll maybe leave this specific line of discussion where it is folks.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Something's bugging me. In Episode 2 when Molly falls into the nuclear pile in the Batcave, what's Batman's line? I recalled it as "What a way to go-go". Listening to The Batcave podcast from 2 years ago, I heard it quoted the same way. But on the DVD, he says "What a terrible way to go-go." Was this changed? Or did we all misremember it?
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"