Did anybody notice...???

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

WaltP

Re: Did anybody notice...???

Post by WaltP »

I have the DVD set and needed to do a couple vid captures. The raw footage on the disk is all Spanish! During the opening credits, a voice reads all the credits, and all the actors are dubbed. Very weird!
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Have you checked your TV audio settings for language settings? It might only be that.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

No, I believe it's the raw video. The English track is the standard track that plays normally via the menus -- it gets mixed in properly. I get Spanish when I bypass the main screen and go right to the shows themselves.
lalacurf121

Post by lalacurf121 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

Walt, what video program do you use to get your still captures?
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

Some third season stuff, when things were being rushed more than ever...

When the Joker and his henchmen are being tossed from the flying saucer, you can see everyone standing and waiting inside.

Cassandra holds the Alvino Ray gun completely wrong when she's first showing it to Cabela.

Batman holds the Batlight upside down as far as the Bat logo goes when shining it on Cassandra and Cabela at the end.

-J\/\/
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Whie watching the False-Face episode I noticed a couple things. First, the curator at the beginning in the museum speaks American and then suddenly switches to a German-like accent in Gordon's office when examining the fake crown. Second, when False-Face lifts up Blaze's wig they cut away at first very quickly because there is no crown under the wig. When they cut back suddenly there is the crown in all its glory. Third, they capture Blaze at night in the currency printing warehouse. It's still night when they question her in Gordon's office as the lit-up buildings in the dark windows show. Then she agrees to take them to the subway station and it's suddenly bright daylight outside as the batmobile drives along. Worse, when they get to subway station Blaze asks the time and says she missed lunch! Huh? :o Fifth, Adam appears to be quite the devil! In the aforementioned warehouse scene he throws an unconscious Blaze over his shoulder and his left hand rests in a questionable spot to which you can see Myrna Fahey's left hand using the thumb and middle-finger in a subtle attempt to move his glove. Too funny! :lol:

I also wonder about some irrelevant things like why False-Face always insists on those insignificant dramatic leaps when he's running by i.e. in the alley when he throws the smoke bomb? His jumps don't put him any further out of the way. That, and as Chief O'Hara he makes the suggestion of picking some officers and standing by while the Dynamic Duo are off to get trapped once again. Doesn't that just go without saying? In many episodes Batman pretty much always tells him to hold off with his men and stand by. It's pretty much established standard procedure at this point so I wonder why it was put in the script like some new, fresh idea? Then again, maybe False-Face as O'Hara wouldn't have known?
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Riddler- ring of wax-
When B&R are going into wax museum, the scene starts with a pan of the whole museum starting on a close up of" jack the ripper"( maybe).
isn't that the same actor that was the frozen butler that Mr. Freeze knocked over?
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I'm not a big fan of the Londinium trilogy, but I've been revisiting the Batgirl episodes since Yvonne's passing, and I noticed something amusing about the set designers' approach to establishing the "British-ness" of various interiors: Nearly every room has a dartboard hanging somewhere. It makes sense for the Three Bells Pub, but it's just intentional silliness in Superintendent Watson's office, Lord Ffogg's cricket pavilion, etc.

Cheers,

QQ
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

I'm still trying to reconcile the notion there may be at least two episodes from this box set where there is another version of the episode.

My bootleg copy of "Surf's up, Joker's under", the music being played as B&R first enter the Hang 5 differs from the episode in this box set.

Also(from reading "Eisner's batbook"), the second half of the Catwoman/Sandman team up is "actually" titled "A stitch in time saves nine(The Catwoman goeth)". The episode guide lists this episode as "The Catwoman goeth", even the opening credits of the episode doesn't show this alternate title.....interesting.
dell

Post by dell »

In the Purr-fect Crime:
1) After Batman pays for the tickets to enter the museum, the clerk (one of Catwoman's henchmen) pockets the money instead of putting the money in the till.

2) Batman appears to use real money which I thought was illegal to show on TV back in the 1960's. The law has been changed and it is legal now.
dell
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

I watched the second part of the first two Shame episodes last night, "It's How You Play The Game." I noticed that after Batman gets himself out of the stampede trap and takes his cowl off, there are two holes somewhere around the middle of his back on the costume. It showed multiple times during this scene, and I wondered if anybody knows what it might be for? I couldn't figure it out.

Also, since we're talking about it, I believe that this is where the series starts to take a really noticeable turn in quality.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BatBrain wrote:I watched the second part of the first two Shame episodes last night, "It's How You Play The Game." I noticed that after Batman gets himself out of the stampede trap and takes his cowl off, there are two holes somewhere around the middle of his back on the costume. It showed multiple times during this scene, and I wondered if anybody knows what it might be for? I couldn't figure it out.

Also, since we're talking about it, I believe that this is where the series starts to take a really noticeable turn in quality.
Those are snaps to help hold the cape in place. Read about about them here:
http://www.66batman.com/2015/07/05/capes-snaps-and-you/
BatBrain

Post by BatBrain »

Thanks Scott!!! The answer was so close!
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

In the 1st part of the clock king episode, when the duo head to the batmobile at the beginning of the episode, there is what appears to be a camera or something attached to the bottom if the jet exhaust nozzle. Does anybody know what this is or what it was for?