Can you pick a top 10?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

riddler123

Re: Can you pick a top 10?

Post by riddler123 »

Difficult but I will try.

Edited to add - couldn't do it. Here is my top 15...

1. Hizzoner the Penguin
Probably the one that made me laugh the most. Surreal and hilarious.

2. The Ring of Wax
I agree with the poster who said this is the best Gorshin episodes

3. I'll be a mummy's uncle
All the Tut episodes are brilliant but this is where Victor Buono chews the scenery the most.

4. Instant Freeze
Mr Freeze is my second fave villain in the Batverse (after Riddler) and I think this is his best TV story

5. The Bookworm Turns
Another hilarious villain. I love his mad shouting fit before picking up the book on self control.

6. An egg grows in Gotham
Egghead was one of the best villains. I wish he had been better represented in series 3

7. The Joker is Wild
My fave Joker story, I also love the comic strip it is derived from

8. That Darn Catwoman
All the Catwoman stories are good, but I like Burt being the naughty version of Robin in this.

9. The Spell of Tut
"May you fall down a flight of stairs and break every tooth on your mouth except for one that will give you an eternal toothache for the rest of your life!" - Best insult ever!

10. Fine funny feline felonies
I love Eartha Kitt's Catwoman best, I think she works best here with Joker as her lacky.

11. Black Widow Strikes again.
A very clever story and one that really intrigued me

12. Ice Spy
Another good Freeze outing. Despite liking the Sanders story more, I think Eli Wallach is the best actor in the part

13. Hi Diddle Riddle
The series gets off to a great start with the best bat villain ever.

14. The Great Train robbery.
I disliked Shame in his first story. One of my least faves actually. But this series 3 offering was very funny and clever, especially the interplay between Shame and his gang.

15. True or False Face.
Another very clever story. I remember the cliffhanger gripping me as a kid. I was convinced they'd be dead.

Just bubbling under would be Batman's Anniversary as I love the underwater fight scene, The Purrfect Crime for making Catwoman seductive and scary at the same time, and The Penguin's Nest as it's one I remember watching a lot as a kid
cammy85

Re: Can you pick a top 10?

Post by cammy85 »

Gah!! I just started rewatching the top 10 posted on the old forum (thank you, bookmarks!!) and now this. Oh well, I've been meaning to get back into watching Batman. :)