Sea Hag Fan Fiction

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

High C

Re: Sea Hag Fan Fiction

Post by High C »

weirdkorey wrote: 2. The tv show budget could never allow for a villain to be doing all these underwater stunts. Had someone brought a script with all the underwater stunt work to Dozier he would have laughed them out of his office & said something along the lines of "Are you kidding me? We are working on a tv budget, not a James Bond movie budget."

3. Some have been posting suggestions as to who would have been a good actress to play the "sea hag" by suggesting young 20-30 year old women of the time. Besides the fact that most of them would not have been qualified to play such a role (as High C pointed out), I highly doubt any young beautiful upcoming star would have been open to playing a character that was being referred to as a "hag". Most (if not all) young actresses would have seen that as an insult, plus it definitely wouldn't look good on their resume to have played a "hag" at their young age since the definition of hag is an ugly, slatternly, or evil-looking old woman.

4. Lets be honest with ourselves & understand that the Topps cards were just trying to sell cards, not create characters worthy of their own stories. The "Sea Hag" was just a random made up character that was never ever mean't to be taken seriously as an actual character. She was just one of the many crazy characters within the cards made exclusively for the cards & nothing else. Just to further explain how silly the cards were they also included villains such as Jack Frost, Neanderthal nemesis, some creepy glowing guy caught in a cavern, a huge red lizard looking creature, a monsterous illusion etc.
Don't get me wrong the cards are cool for kids to look at & the artwork is actually very good. I myself enjoy the cards for what they are, but I don't feel like any of the made up characters were ever mean't to be actual characters nor do I fantasize about them.

I'm not trying to be rude, I am just so tired of seeing this board become over run with this "sea hag" nonsense. It is getting to the point where I can't click on a topic with out the "sea hag" being brought up off topic within it. This obsession with a made up topps card character is ruining the board & making it unenjoyable. Can we please put a stop to this nonsense & get back to the Batman Tv Show that this board is supposed to be about? Leave everything that is not about the batman tv show in the off topic section & stop dragging it into other sections.

Just my thoughts out loud & I'm not directing this at any one person, just the entire board in general.
I concur with everything you said. It's become very tedious. The Sea Hag infects every discussion about a possible fourth season or about potential female villains, and the bottom line is that I think it has had a chilling effect on such discussions.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I agree with High C. I have no interest in the "Sea Hag" as a character for the following reasons:

1. The "Sea Hag" was a popeye character & as High C stated the name would have to have been changed due to the Popeye character rights, therefore there was never a chance of a character called the "Sea Hag" ever existing within the Batman comics or the show due to the copyright infridgment.
The Batman Topps cards existed in a universe all their own. Unable to use photos from the show, the Latin artists came up with incredible villains & situations based on their limited understanding of the series. Giant rats, sea hags, and whatever else. But beautifully rendered. The Sea Hag thing was just a throwaway. A take on the Popeye character in a one-shot Topps card. To never be heard from again! Until now. The whole thing about taking "sea clues" seriously was just a few people being facetious. We KNOW there were no sea clues on the cards! Whew. The bizarre Sea Hag fixation that's begun has been harmless and oddly enjoyable. Like an odd topic that continues on it's own volition until it dies. But anyway, it's been a wild ride! Now back to The Clock King.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

A short video of the SEA HAG!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNPEuPn3i98

John
Music. BAT! Music.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Batguitarist wrote:A short video of the SEA HAG!

John
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Progress Pigment

John
OMG!!!! My heart's racing like a rabbit! I won't sleep tonight.
dell

Post by dell »

John
I propose that Marty Feldman should have played the Sea Hag!
dell
Hecate1966

Post by Hecate1966 »

And another...

[BBvideo 425,350]https://youtu.be/HJNk3uv_pk8[/BBvideo]
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

BIG ADMINISTRATOR NOTE HERE:

For those of you not interested in the Sea Hag thread(s) or any other threads of no interests:
DO NOT READ, POST OR PARTICIPATE.

I am seeing some flat out bully behavior here from some longtime members who should more than know better. Dismissing, putting down, out-casting and making fun of a person's personal fandom because it doesn't fit in with your sensibilities or interests is just like bullying in many ways. If there is a collective of you that feel this disdain and decide to come into a thread that you have no interest in to put down the subject is just like ganging up on someone. This will not be tolerated.

As to the possibility of this Sea Hag subject actually "hijacking" other threads other than the "holy broken record, Batman" reaction it gets when presented, I am looking into this and will deal with it as I find necessary.

Meanwhile, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Any and all rebuttals or questions to this post needs to be handled via PM.

Now back to the topic...
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

elmrgraham wrote:Thank You Gorshin Romero. Thank You also to Dell,Progress Pigment,and High C.By the way,High C,I would have preffered the Anne Francis picture myself.Any more comments or suggestions fellow Bat-Fans?
I see Ms Francis as more suitable for the part of Batgirl myself...!
Progress Pigment

MANY female actresses from the 60's would have been more suitable for Batgirl! Anne Francis might have been a bit too physically mature. Batwoman maybe. Her as Batgirl, would have been similar to Julie Newmar as Catgirl.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent points.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

Casting's one thing - I've often imagined other actors playing Batman and Robin, but I won't go into that. However, Anne Francis or no Anne Francis, what about the sets and the scripts? Yvonne Craig was no detriment to the series, I thought she was cute and funny and the idea of a third crimefighter pitching in was a good one. It was how the last season was executed which led to the...execution of the series.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

WayneGrayson wrote:Casting's one thing - I've often imagined other actors playing Batman and Robin, but I won't go into that. However, Anne Francis or no Anne Francis, what about the sets and the scripts? Yvonne Craig was no detriment to the series, I thought she was cute and funny and the idea of a third crimefighter pitching in was a good one. It was how the last season was executed which led to the...execution of the series.
Nice points but we need to stay with the main topic of this thread which is the fan fiction and not so much about budgets or the third season's execution.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

Progress Pigment wrote:MANY female actresses from the 60's would have been more suitable for Batgirl! Anne Francis might have been a bit too physically mature. Batwoman maybe. Her as Batgirl, would have been similar to Julie Newmar as Catgirl.
I like 'em physically mature!! But you're right. (Although Yvonne Craig was herself thirty when she took on the part!)
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

The late Janet Munro would have made a delightful female Robin...!