Viewing order

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Beat Disko Tech

Viewing order

Post by Beat Disko Tech »

First of all good citizens of Gotham City, thank you for letting me join your bat family.
I was wondering how you all view the DVD's since season three isn't a favorite. I know some skip it all together but as I've reached that mark in my viewing I'll watch one season three episode then pop in a season one disc and start the series over watching one two parter. Then my next viewing back to a season three episode followed by the next season one episode and so on...though I must admit season three isn't as bad as I remembered; it kind of grows on you, and as you can see from my sig line it contains one of the best lines of the series.
Batman: Go back outside and calm the flower children.
Robin: They'll mob me!
Batman: Groovy.
MysticNitekatt

Re: Viewing order

Post by MysticNitekatt »

Except for the 3rd Season where you have to watch them in airdate order, I've watched (and some stations like the HUB have aired) the show in production order for Seasons one & two.

You can see the evolution of the series first year - 17 stories/34 episodes - by watching them this way.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Beat Disko Tech wrote:I know some skip it all together but as I've reached that mark in my viewing I'll watch one season three episode then pop in a season one disc and start the series over watching one two parter. Then my next viewing back to a season three episode followed by the next season one episode and so on.
Much like those who use mouthwash to get the bad taste of their mouths. :lol:
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

I know that season 3 is not one of the best seasons of the batman tv series I do like watching some of them especially the joker's flying saucer episode and the surfing one.

Andrew UK
celestialhost

Post by celestialhost »

When I bought the bootleg DVD, I watched Season 3 first. I actually like a lot of the Season 3 stories.
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Is the production order much different than the airing order? Is the production order listed online somewhere? I did a quick search with no luck.

Mike
MysticNitekatt wrote:Except for the 3rd Season where you have to watch them in airdate order, I've watched (and some stations like the HUB have aired) the show in production order for Seasons one & two.

You can see the evolution of the series first year - 17 stories/34 episodes - by watching them this way.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

floatinjoe wrote:Is the production order much different than the airing order? Is the production order listed online somewhere? I did a quick search with no luck.

Mike
MysticNitekatt wrote:Except for the 3rd Season where you have to watch them in airdate order, I've watched (and some stations like the HUB have aired) the show in production order for Seasons one & two.

http://epguides.com/Batman/