Re-Used Material or Sets

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gothamite

Re-Used Material or Sets

Post by Gothamite »

I've made that post in the old forum and I think we could continue with it :)
We have already seen...

2 giant plexiglass cones are used in :
- The Clock King's Crazy Crimes / The Clock King Gets Crowned ( The Giant Hourglass )
- The Cat's Meow / The Bat's Kow Tow ( Catwoman's Echo Chamber )
- The Contaminated Cowl / The Mad Hatter Runs A Foul ( The X-Ray Accelerator Tube and Fluoroscopic Cabinet )
- Green Ice / Deep Freeze ( Giant Frosty Freezies Maker )

The Same Chairs are used as electrics chairs in :
The Joker Goes to School / He Meets his Match, the Ghrisly Ghoul and in The Greatest Mother of Them All / Ma Parker

Minerva calls Bruce Wayne using the same phone with which the Siren called him.

The large golden cat statues which were in most, if not all, Catwoman episodes as well as a few King Tut eps.

The famous question mark and stamp boxes from Riddler and Col. Gumm are in the background of the last Batfight in Batman's Waterloo and in several later episodes

The cauldrons used by aunt Hilda are also used in the Sandman episode where he marries J. Pauline Spaghetti.

Penguin's G.O.O.N headquarter was in the same basement set as the hideout of Marsha's Aunt Hilda.

The BatTrap where Harry ( Chandell's Twin ) is putting the duo through the '' Player Piano Paper Puncher '', which is used the following week as the '' Penguin's Litterature Packager '' during Penguin's campaign for mayor and it was cannibalized for the "Enlarged Perforating and Coiling Machine" in A Piece of the Action / Batman's Satisfaction.

Tut's original sarcophagus (REALLY wide with the strange face) appeared in another, non-Tut episode, but we cannot recall which one.

The toy "Gayfellow" truck appeared in another episode on, we believe, Batman's desk in the Batcave.
Gothamite

Re: Re-Used Material or Sets

Post by Gothamite »

* RE-USED FOOTAGE *

There is quite a bit of reused footage in the show.

- Batman and Robin leaving the Batcave and arriving at police headquarters.
- Hot air balloons when they are airborne in long shot.
- In all but the first King Tut episode, Dick Grayson would have no idea about the villain of the week bing Tut, yet he remarks about a possible "battle royale". For the first story, of course, it makes sense. Afterward, not so much.

We are not sure but we think that the interior of Karnaby Katz's mansion in "The Funny Feline Felonies" is really just the Wayne manor set with some extra "decorations" strewn all over the place.
But, for sure, we know that the Wayne Living Room was reassembled and redressed for 3 episodes, as Lord Fogg's manor.

The biggest cauldron of Aunt Hilda was in Tut's Royal Oil Boiling Room too !

Joker and Penguin both used the same truck with the seat on top of the lift in both 3 part episodes.

The purple and orange mini-dress that been wore by :

- Leslie Perkins as Octavia, Minstrel's Moll.
- Phyllis Douglas as Josie Miller, Joker's Moll.
- Ida Lupino as Dr. Cassandra.

and the shiny purple lurex body suit that been wore by :

- Linda Gaye Scott as Moth, Riddler's Moll.
- Kathy Kersh as Cornelia, Joker's Moll.
- Yvonne Craig as Batgirl.

Of course one of the two pink cat face that are used at the entrance of Catwoman's restaurant the Pink Sandbox is use in season 3 '' The Great Escape '', you can see it from 15:51 to 17:06.

And the polar bear that is used in the Mr. Freeze's episodes can also be seen at the Peter's Guns & Ammo shop dresses as a cowboy in season 3 episode '' The Great Train Robbery ''. You can clearly see it from 7:25 to 7:30.

In '' The Bat's Kow Tow'', Catwoman, while at Mr. Oceanbring's Hair Salon, uses the same black with golden trims phone that King Tut in '' The Curse of Tut '' and in '' The Devil's Finger '' by Chandell at 16:44.

Also, the rotating spiky things at the end of the Mad Hatter's machine in '' The Thirteenth Hat '', are re-used in the background of King Tut's torture room.

Green truck used in a Joker episode with the electric chairs was also used by Maid Marian in the archer episodes. The blue parachute pick up van was re-named and used many times as a henchmen van with different names on it and also painted red as a fire vehicle can be seen with a blue interior.

Wasn't that the same wicker basket used in the hot-air balloon scene, from 'The Puzzles are Coming/The Duo is Slumming' Puzzler show, as the one used in the Egghead/Olga episode entitled: 'The Ogg and I'--- when they kidnapped Commissioner Gordon?

Also in season 3 the green latticework was used over and over quite a bit as well as set dressing.

The purple, orange & pink tree-size earrings are used by Puzzler's Moll and by Astin's Riddler's Moll.
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

The red-headed hat check girl at the fire station in The Thirteenth Hat wears a dress that I think Polly wore in The Contaminated Cowl and The Mad Hatter Runs afoul.

I am pretty sure the pink wig that Blaze wore in the False Face episodes was used for one of Miss Pinkston's wigs.

I also recall seeing the stuffed Polar Bear with all the characters who played Mr.Freeze

This is all just from observation, I do not have any sources for this info....
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

It's all rights, Batfan 66 ! All your observations are welcome, Thank you Very much !! :D
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

It's all rights, Batfan 66 ! All your observations are welcome, Thank you Very much !! :D
Thanks, Gothamite!! :D You are welcome :) These topics are always lots of fun :lol:
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

Well Thanks again ! I was afraid that my posts were often boring and by the way, I found another observation :

The interior set of the Parnassus Music Roll Co. looks very much like the Penguin Campaign H.Q. with the little stage and the piano / The Band and all ecept the stage stairs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQvOcNKxAXU at 15:16
AND
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1_rTcvz9DU at 19:01
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Batgirl's costume was not the same one worn by Moth and Cornelia.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

The wall and alley where the Batgirlcycle emerges from is a redressed version of where the Green Hornet's car would emerge from in that show.
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

Reuse of sets and costumes would stand to reason, as it helps to cut costs. This was common with TV shows, in order to cut costs. And that was especially important for Batman, given its budgetary demands.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

That gold dressing gown J. Pauline Spaghetti wore was also worn by Lady Peasoup.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Batfan 66 wrote:The red-headed hat check girl at the fire station in The Thirteenth Hat wears a dress that I think Polly wore in The Contaminated Cowl and The Mad Hatter Runs afoul.
It looks a little different, but given the fact that this was the time when budget cutting really started to take hold, it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same:
Attachments
Polly.jpg
Babette.jpg
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Of course back then there weren't DVDs and DVRs for people to really notice this stuff.

I wonder what other things this technology has changed.
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

clavierankh wrote:Of course back then there weren't DVDs and DVRs for people to really notice this stuff.
That's right !:)
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I believe the scales in which the Price Catwoman, Robin, and Pussycat rob sits to be balanced with money to be donated to orphans or another worthy charity is the same scale Penguin uses to balance the Dynamic Duo over a labeled vat of sulfuric acid balanced with enormous, melting ice cubes.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

Gothamite wrote:*
In '' The Bat's Kow Tow'', Catwoman, while at Mr. Oceanbring's Hair Salon, uses the same black with golden trims phone that King Tut in '' The Curse of Tut '' and in '' The Devil's Finger '' by Chandell at 16:44.
Used by Marsha in Marsha, Queen of Diamonds in the cage room.