Reviews of each show

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

Reviews of each show

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Stumbled across this website that's still in the early stages of development that looks at each episode (courtesy of the DVD) and gives a detailed analysis. They last finished Part One of False Face, but haven't updated it in the past month. Hopefully, they resume soon:

http://comicsalliance.com/tags/batman-66-episode-guide/
Progress Pigment

Re: Reviews of each show

Post by Progress Pigment »

Sweet fancy Lorenzo Semple Jr.! That is absolutely sensational! There is another where 2 guys discuss the episodes in depth which is very very good. But this is a great addition! Good luck & best wishes to them.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

The reviewer is very good on the whole. I do agree with his point about Joker's scheme to steal a cruise ship in 'Batman is Riled' being very silly for exactly those reasons he mentioned; a big cruise ship is not hard to find even in the vast ocean. Joker and his few henchmen aren't nearly enough to run a cruise ship. And what is the grand plan in the end with it, just sail around the world lol.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

There's always room for more when it comes to opinions and episode reviews. I think this is the site Progress Pigment refers to above, with the two reviewers who swap comments on each episode. The ratio of snark to appreciation is high, but the writing is generally entertaining.

http://tothebatpoles.blogspot.com/

The "To the Batpoles!" blog site also includes commentaries on each episode by "Batscholar" Joel Eisner, author of The Complete Batman Batbook. Much of his info overlaps material in the book, but there's some new stuff, as well.

Cheers,

QQ
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I enjoy The Batcave Podcast. Every other Wednesday John S Drew and a guest review an episode. This week was That Darn Catwoman/Scat Darn Catwoman.

In two weeks he is review The Penguin/ Marsha three parter with some named Ben Bentley.
philigan

Post by philigan »

I like how the reviewer mentions that the robbers must have waited all day till a bar patron used the jukebox in The Joker Goes To School. I always thought the same thing.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

clavierankh wrote:I enjoy The Batcave Podcast. Every other Wednesday John S Drew and a guest review an episode. This week was That Darn Catwoman/Scat Darn Catwoman.

In two weeks he is review The Penguin/ Marsha three parter with some named Ben Bentley.
Indeed, I am John's guest on the next episode of The Batcave Podcast. I think it is released April 22nd. I'll be sure to post a link here when it is available.

Out of all of the podcast's relating to the show that I have come across, The Batcave Podcast and it's guests have always come across as being very much fans of the show and have treated it with respect and humor in the right places. Other podcasts however seem to have taken a more sneering attitude towards it in places which to me is not so entertaining to listen.
The Joker

Post by The Joker »

I appreciate the COMICS ALLIANCE Batman episode guide reviews being so detailed and thorough in their analysis. At times though I thought the tone came off a bit too "cynical" and overly analytical for a comic book superhero-type show -- which obviously is not going to strive to hold with reality or practicality that much in the first place.