Anyone Who You Think SHOULDN'T Have Been on the Show?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Yellow Oval

Anyone Who You Think SHOULDN'T Have Been on the Show?

Post by Yellow Oval »

I just watched the Impractical Joker again last night and I thought they should have had someone other than Kathy Kersh in the role. She had zero acting ability in that episode and it was like she wasn't even interested in being there.

And, it's already been mentioned, but Diana Ivarson's run in Pop Goes the Joker was pure Limburger cheese as well. Watching her character in that one requires a big clothes-pin on the nose! The role should have gone to some other woman.

AND I JUST NOTICED I PUT THIS IN THE 'BAT-MERCHANDISE' SECTION!!! MODERATORS KINDLY MOVE IT TO THE 'BAT-BOARD' AND PLEASE POUR ME A HUGE CUP OF BLACK COFFEE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT? I SEEM TO STILL BE HALF-ASLEEP! :P
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
JMS415

Re: Anyone Who You Think SHOULDN'T Have Been on the Show?

Post by JMS415 »

I may get crucified for this, idk but.............. John Astin as the riddler. He just never fit the role like Frank Gorshin. Maybe it's cause John Astin is type casted in my mind as Gomez.
Robin: Atomic batteries to power. Turbines to speed.

Batman: Roger. Ready to move out.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Zsa Zsa Gabor as Minerva.In my opinion,the script was flat.Plus,the Bat-Trap of The Terrific Trio being put into a pressure cooker was flat.The last episode of Batman was a bomb in my opinion.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Yellow Oval wrote: AND I JUST NOTICED I PUT THIS IN THE 'BAT-MERCHANDISE' SECTION!!! MODERATORS KINDLY MOVE IT TO THE 'BAT-BOARD' AND PLEASE POUR ME A HUGE CUP OF BLACK COFFEE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT? I SEEM TO STILL BE HALF-ASLEEP! :P
No problems, Yellow Oval! I've moved it to the right place.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Thank you, sir. And the black coffee?? Bwahahahahaha!!! :lol:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

MISS Tallulah Bankhead.
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

elmrgraham wrote:Zsa Zsa Gabor as Minerva.In my opinion,the script was flat.Plus,the Bat-Trap of The Terrific Trio being put into a pressure cooker was flat.The last episode of Batman was a bomb in my opinion.
Isn't that more a problem with the character and writing, and not Miss Gabor being cast.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

In addition to the character and the writing,I feel that she should not have been cast on Batman.I also agree with Dr.Shimel about Miss Tallulah Bankhead not being casted on Batman.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Probably every made-for-TV villain making their debut in season 2, with the possible exception of Shame & the Minstrel.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Edward Nigma

Post by Edward Nigma »

Tallulah Bankhead because she was so ill at the time. At this point, she shouldn't have been working.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Tallulah Bankhead tops the list with me. Oh, to have seen Barbara Stanwyck in the role instead.

And I will also repeat my preference for wishing it had been Mary Ann Mobley instead of Yvonne for Batgirl.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

epaddon wrote:Tallulah Bankhead tops the list with me. Oh, to have seen Barbara Stanwyck in the role instead.
Barbara was working for ABC on Big Valley at the time, and we know how much ABC loved to get some cross promotion for their shows.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I agree about Kathy Kersh. She may have been very talented, but she was a throwaway in this episode. I'd add Art Carney who starred in and was partially responsible for the first truly bad Batman two-parter. And Terry Moore, who was just beyond terrible. The worst moll of the entire series.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Barbara was working for ABC on Big Valley at the time, and we know how much ABC loved to get some cross promotion for their shows.
And since the ensemble nature of "Big Valley" meant that she sometimes didn't appear in about 3-4 episodes each season working the schedule around her show wouldn't have posed a problem.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

You know, it's easy to sit here in my 50's and look at all the characters and actors and think who would have better in thier roles, or which character should not have been. But honestly, I am just the same as I was when I was little. I accepted all that I saw on the show and never questioned any of it. Naive? Sure. But that's how I was (am).

I knew little about the show. I didn't know it had three seasons. Heck, I didn't even know what a season was. I didn't know which episode was the first one shown, nor did I know it was called a pilot. I didn't know which episode was the last one filmed. I just watched and enjoyed. The weirdness of Miss Bankhead, the pressure cooker trap and the like, were all just part of Batman on TV. And up until I was 15 or so:

1) I thought the Batmobile really made those jet sounds and was the fastest car in the world FOR REAL.
2) (Learned while being on the board) Never noticed the black on Batman's cowl on the forehead and thought the eyebrows and nose lines were white, also that the eyeslits changed. Never noticed Batman's utility belt pouch snaps moved from top to bottom.
3) Never noticed Bookworm's theme song and music was the same as Black Widow's, or that Barker did the music for the Marsha episodes not Riddle.
4) Thought that Adam and Burt were in all the fight scenes and in every Batmobile shot. Had no idea they had stunt doubles.

Yes. Eyes wide shut. Until I got on this board, I never even thought about Astin as the Riddler, or Kitt as Catwoman, or that another actress played her in the movie. I don't know why I never thought about these things and you know what? Other than writing this, I still don't think about it. Art Carney as the Archer, oh well. The Zsa Zsa last episode. So? It was just all Batman and I have my childhood memories. Long live my Corgi Batmobile and my Ideal Batman helmet!

John
Music. BAT! Music.