The Clock Queen

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr Chronos

The Clock Queen

Post by Mr Chronos »

After having watched my favorite two episodes tonight I think that if they had had a 4th series they could have given us a female version of Clock King. Like the idea of an even more devious and greedy Millie Second leading a new Second Hands gang! May do a fan fiction. Eileen could have done this because she could play ruthless and greedy as well as just a gorgeous, besotted moll for CK, But what would she look like? Her hideout? Plans? Ideas and pictures would be great. By the way, was there a comic book in the 60s with the Walter Slezak CK?

Thanks,

Mr Chronos :P :D 8-)
Progress Pigment

Re: The Clock Queen

Post by Progress Pigment »

Mr Chronos wrote:After having watched my favorite two episodes tonight I think that if they had had a 4th series they could have given us a female version of Clock King. Like the idea of an even more devious and greedy Millie Second leading a new Second Hands gang! May do a fan fiction. Eileen could have done this because she could play ruthless and greedy as well as just a gorgeous, besotted moll for CK, But what would she look like? Her hideout? Plans? Ideas and pictures would be great. By the way, was there a comic book in the 60s with the Walter Slezak CK?

Thanks,

Mr Chronos :P :D 8-)
Mr. Chronos, I like the way you think! And yes, the brilliant Bill Finger, based the script on a character he created for the comics. Strangely, 'The Clock' was more of a Robin villain than a Batman villain. The comics to TV aspect is similar to Mr. Zero/Mr. Freeze -- as there would be no Mr. Freeze or Clock King without the TV series. This is pretty long, get ready to do some reading!

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.co ... t-channel/

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

The Clock Queen would have been an excellent Batman Villainess for a fourth season.Her costume could have been like The Riddler except that it could have been Black with a circle clock symbol on the front and back.She could have had Black hair with a Black mask.Her criminal hideout could have been an old abandoned clock factory in Gotham City.Her plan could have been to become Queen of The Criminal Underworld in Gotham City.I agree with Mr.Chronos.More ideas and pictures would be great fellow Bat-Fans.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also,The Clock Queen could have also used pointed gloved fingers as her weapons.
High C

Post by High C »

Mr Chronos wrote:After having watched my favorite two episodes tonight I think that if they had had a 4th series they could have given us a female version of Clock King. Like the idea of an even more devious and greedy Millie Second leading a new Second Hands gang! May do a fan fiction. Eileen could have done this because she could play ruthless and greedy as well as just a gorgeous, besotted moll for CK, But what would she look like?
As far as casting, I think you'd have to get someone else. Eileen O'Neill was gorgeous in her prime, and don't get me wrong, they gave her too little to do on Batman. Still, I don't see her as a focal-point villainess. She did not do a lot of 'lead' guest star roles that I'm aware of.

As I've said before, for actresses in the 1960s-70s, as I see it, there were three tiers. The A-list stars who were doing movies, the B-listers who were lead guest stars on TV [and thus potential villainesses, think Newmar and Collins] and the C-listers, who tended to be henchmoll types. Now occasionally a C-lister could work her way up to B [both Nancy Kovack and Julie Gregg did this post-Batman] and Jill St. John pretty much was an A-lister, which is why she was billed ahead of Frank. But those are exceptions.

Not disrespecting Eileen, just being realistic. Carry on.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about Jackie Collins,sister of Joan Collins,to play The Clock Queen?Just an idea.
High C

Post by High C »

elmrgraham wrote:How about Jackie Collins,sister of Joan Collins,to play The Clock Queen?Just an idea.
Jackie had given up acting by 1965 and had done most of her work in England anyway. Sigh.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Ok,then how about Joan Collins playing The Clock Queen in addition to The Siren?After all,Anne Baxter played two Batman Villainesses.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

how about Linda Harrison, Nova from Planet of the Apes?
Attachments
just needs a clock face over the heart
just needs a clock face over the heart
LindaHarrison2.jpg (18.54 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

batrunner1966 wrote:how about Linda Harrison, Nova from Planet of the Apes?
She had a small, non-speaking role as one of the other cheerleaders for Woodrow Roosevelt High, so the producers at least had her on their radar.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

There was a reason why Linda's biggest film role is a part that didn't require her to speak one line (in addition to the fact that she was the boss's girl, as in studio head Richard D. Zanuck whom she subsequently married).
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Linda Harrison would have also been an excellent choice to play The Clock Queen.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I can't imagine how it could work on the series unless she emerged from a 'Clock King' episode, much like Siren did in 'Ring Around the Riddler'. Possibly after 'The Clock King' gets locked up or goes off to Europe with 'The Sandman'. She could be a copycat like Batgirl, a Liberian-ish woman who wears coke bottle glasses and works in a clock store. If I was going broad, third season style, I'd use Nancy Kulp from the Beverly Hillbillies!

With Robert Culp? Vild!

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

elmrgraham wrote:Linda Harrison would have also been an excellent choice to play The Clock Queen.
No she wouldn't have. Not even when she married the studio boss did she ever get big starring roles. After "Planet Of The Apes" she was part of the ensemble of the Fox series "Bracken's World" playing in effect herself, a starlet at a movie studio where her contributions were minimal. After Zanuck was forced out of Fox and he became an independent producer, he tried to get her the role of Roy Scheider's wife in "Jaws" (which he produced) but Spielberg had already promised the part to Lorraine Gary who was the wife of Universal's CEO. So as a consolation prize, Linda got a small part in "Airport 1975" as Gloria Swanson's secretary (and where because she was entering the phase of her life when she was into a quack guru, she was billing herself as "Augusta Summerland". Her phase with the guru contributed heavily to the break-up of her marriage to Zanuck).
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Linda Harrison did have another unspoken role as Wonder Woman's reflection in Dozier's 1967 pilot, which is available on You Tube.