Bat-podcast

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

Bat-podcast

Post by bat-rss »

Hi, fellow Bat-fans! Wanted to let you know that my brother and I have started a podcast devoted to the '66 Batman, called "To the Batpoles!" We're analyzing episodes as we watch the recently-released discs of the series, and talking about how the show affected us growing up, and American pop culture in general. Occasionally we'll have interviews of fellow Bat-fans -- Wally Wingert episode coming next month! -- and hope to have a few of you on in the future to share your knowledge and your memories of how the show affected your own lives.

Our show page is http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/ -- and we're on iTunes and Stitcher.
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
Jimmy L. 66

Re: Bat-podcast

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Great website!
Subscribed!
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Thanks!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Hey, welcome to our board! Great to have you with us.

I'll be sure to give it a listen, I love that we live in a world where there is not only one 66 TV Batman podcast, but in fact several! Looking forward to your future episode with our pal Wally. Be sure to keep this thread up to date with all of your new episodes!
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

OK, will do!
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

If there are other Bat-podcasters on this board, I hope they'll get on this thread and maybe we could make it kind of a regular Batcast news feed?
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I like your site but you need to explain to this 53 year old what a podcast is. Is this like a video chat or something? Ok, I heard the laughs Andy, Lee, SVl, Yellow Oval-- :lol:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Batguitarist wrote:I like your site but you need to explain to this 53 year old what a podcast is. Is this like a video chat or something? Ok, I heard the laughs Andy, Lee, SVl, Yellow Oval-- :lol:

John
John, a podcast for most people is along the lines of a free radio program uploaded to the web episodically and either streamed online or downloaded to ones MP3 player or smart phone. There are podcasts out there on literally any given topic you can imagine.

The dictionary defintion is:
podcast - noun

noun: podcast; plural noun: podcasts

1. A digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series, new instalments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

The third episode is up! http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/003-shall-we-dance

We talk about other shows that riffed on Batman, Burt Ward's acting versatility, Batman series tropes that were already on display in the pilot, and some music! Shall we dance the Batusi?
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

Hey folks! Just wanted to mention that my conversation with Wally Wingert is now up! Please take a listen:
http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/004-wal ... derfulness
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

bat-rss wrote:Hey folks! Just wanted to mention that my conversation with Wally Wingert is now up! Please take a listen:
http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/004-wal ... derfulness
Looking forward to giving this a listen whilst i'm on the way to my shoot tomorrow.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

New episode: We discuss episodes 2 and 3, "Fine Feathered Finks" and "The Penguin's a Jinx"! Nix on progressive prison policies? How famous were the folks putting in cameos? What's with the multiple security cameras in Penguin's cell? And much more... http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/005-that-cagey-bird
Roo

Post by Roo »

Ah, another one to listen to. :-) I'm absolutely hooked on podcasts now thanks to the first one I came across which, by coincidence, was also devoted to the Sixties Batman show. It's called The Batcave Podcast and is hosted by a chap called John S. Drew (who also has a podcast devoted to the Six Million Dollar Man TV show for those of you interested).

The Batcave Podcast podcast can be found here:
http://thebatcavepodcast.libsyn.com/webpage
John S. Drew

Post by John S. Drew »

Thanks for that. Yes, I've been podcasting about Batman for over a year now. Almost done with the second season in terms of reviews. Just posted the latest episode, a look at the Green Hornet crossover with Justin Michael of Batman the Animated Podcast. Take a listen on iTunes or at the website.

thebatcavepodcast.com

I have listened to To the Batpoles! I like what you guys are doing. There are two other Batman podcasts out there, but I'm not so sure about them. One is called Same Bat Time and I think they spend more time mocking the show than reviewing it. The other is called Batmania 66. While well intentioned, the show is broken up into parts just as the episodes were and each part is reviewed. The thing is, they go into too much detail for an audio podcast. Also, they need to learn about leveling. When one of them laughs, you rip your headphones off as it's so loud.