The Sea Hag Is TOPPS! Part One

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lord Death Man

Re: The Sea Hag Is TOPPS! Part One

Post by Lord Death Man »

Gorshin Romero wrote:Perhaps the Caped Crusaders can use their Bat anti-lava formula to save us!
Did not TV Batman do a commercial for Lava Soap back in the late 60's? That certainly could have ramifications for the story ;)
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Lord Death Man wrote:
Gorshin Romero wrote:Perhaps the Caped Crusaders can use their Bat anti-lava formula to save us!
Did not TV Batman do a commercial for Lava Soap back in the late 60's? That certainly could have ramifications for the story ;)
I checked out You Tube and found several old commercials for Lava soap but nothing with Batman in any of them. The only commercials I recall were two: the first was the PSI for equal pay for Batgirl with the original cast. The second had two different actors playing the Caped Crusaders. They're in the batcave and Robin says something to the effect of "Let's go Batman! Joker's loose!" to which Batman replies "Not yet, Robin. Batmobile needs waxing." I forget which car wax advertised this way (I don't believe it was Turtle Wax), and unfortunately I don't see this commercial anywhere on You Tube either.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Thank you, Gorshin Romero, for including me here! :)

An' this is so everyone here can pronounce my name. Think of a dog's growl, and what you'd pass to the cute girl sitting in front of you in English class.

GRR-note

THAT'S how ya pronounce "Gernot." :mrgreen:

Thanks again! :D
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Gernot wrote:Thank you, Gorshin Romero, for including me here! :)

An' this is so everyone here can pronounce my name. Think of a dog's growl, and what you'd pass to the cute girl sitting in front of you in English class.

GRR-note

THAT'S how ya pronounce "Gernot." :mrgreen:

Thanks again! :D
Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the update on proper pronunciation---GRRR--I'll make a NOTE of it! :lol:
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK. I loved my little cameo.
(So I guess the powder that comes from the stethoscope is actually the dust from the bottom of a box of Crispy Critters - and it makes you catatonic after the sugar rush? ;) )
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

chrisbcritter wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OK. I loved my little cameo.
(So I guess the powder that comes from the stethoscope is actually the dust from the bottom of a box of Crispy Critters - and it makes you catatonic after the sugar rush? ;) )
Glad you enjoyed it! Seriously, HOW could I resist NOT putting you in that particular role? :P ;) :lol: In fact, the parts that you and Dr. Shimel have practically wrote THEMSELVES!

I don't know if you've looked at Part 2 yet, but your cereal comes in pretty handy in the conclusion. But yes, do beware of that sugar rush! :P
celestialhost

Post by celestialhost »

I'm flattered.

Nice to see the Sea Hag again.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

celestialhost wrote:I'm flattered.

Nice to see the Sea Hag again.
I'm glad you enjoyed what I did. I'm happy to hear when the board members enjoy my stories, and I am especially pleased in this instance since there are so many references to us all. :D