Actors an Actresses in Batman and....

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfan 66

Actors an Actresses in Batman and....

Post by Batfan 66 »

Tonight I got stuck watching the Wild Wild West while my younger brothers were waiting for Emergency to come on, and I noticed this right away: The Riddler's moll Pauline and the Mad Hatter's moll Lisa were both in it, which I found hilarious in a way.(I kept telling them, "Boys, they were both in Batman!" but they didn't see it.)I have also seen other actors that were in Batman as guest stars in other shows, for example:

Skipper from Gilligans Island in and Egghead episode in Batman
Chief O'Hara and Warden Crighten(spelling?) both in a Bonanza episode
The Riddler's moll Pauline in Lost in Space
The Sandman as the Keeper in Lost in Space
The man who played the guy in Lost in Space that kept bellowing, "Mister KIDDNO!" was in a third season episode of Batman
The guy in Lost in Space who plays Mr. Zumdish is a painter in the art gallery in Pop goes the Joker
Adam West was a guest in Emergency and Bewitched

Has anyone else seen other cross-overs? It would be cool to hear about them if you have...
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Dr. Shimel

Re: Actors an Actresses in Batman and....

Post by Dr. Shimel »

It's been noted that Batman and Lost in Space not only had plenty of actors on both series, but shared props.

Skipper (Alan Hale) also was a guest star on Wild Wild West (with Jim Backus) during their final season, and in the final scene, he makes a hilarious inside joke in which Gilligan's theme music can be heard.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

You could make this a little too endless a topic if we're just going by someone from Batman was a guest on one other program. Something a little more narrow like joint appearances on another program that in light of their Bat appearances can seem amusing.

Case in point. The 1975 "Columbo" episode, "Forgotten Lady" has the only instance I know of where a former Bat villain (Maurice Evans) is married to a former Bat moll! (Linda Gaye Scott who was Moth). They play the butler and maid to guest killer Janet Leigh who murders her husband, who in another bit of Bat symmetry is played by Sam Jaffe who cameod in the Archer episode.
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Skipper (Alan Hale) also was a guest star on Wild Wild West (with Jim Backus) during their final season, and in the final scene, he makes a hilarious inside joke in which Gilligan's theme music can be heard.
That in itself was a powerful comment on how much of an impact Gilligan was already making as a syndicated rerun staple just two years after its cancellation.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

epaddon wrote:You could make this a little too endless a topic if we're just going by someone from Batman was a guest on one other program. Something a little more narrow like joint appearances on another program that in light of their Bat appearances can seem amusing.
Agreed.

While joint appearance on the same show is not always possible to find, some Bat-guests made a healthy number of appearances on a single series.

Rod Serling's Night Gallery is such as series:

Adam West - "With Apologies to Mr. Hyde"
Cesar Romero - "A Matter of Semantics"
Burgess Meredith - "The Little Black Bag" and "Finnegan's Flight"
Vincent Price - "Class of '99" and "The Return of the Sorcerer"
Roddy McDowall - "Cemetary" - pilot movie
Victor Buono - "A Midnight Visit to the Neighborhood Bloodbank" and "Satisfaction Guaranteed"
Barbara Rush - "Cool Air"
David Wayne - "The Diary"
John Astin - "Pamela's Voice," "Hell's Bells" and "The Girl With the Hungry Eyes" - and directed several episodes.
Phyllis Diller - "Pamela's Voice"
Tisha Sterling - "The Return of the Sorcerer"
Howard Duff - "There Aren't Any More MacBaines"
Walter Burke - "Deliveries in the Rear"
Werner Klemperer - "The Funeral"
Zsa Zsa Gabor - "The Painted Mirror"
Rudy Vallee - "Marmalade Wine"

I guess you could say that's a pretty heavy list of cross-series performers. To be honest, i'm not sure if my list is complete! :)
Beneath Wayne Manor
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

You could make this a little too endless a topic if we're just going by someone from Batman was a guest on one other program. Something a little more narrow like joint appearances on another program that in light of their Bat appearances can seem amusing.
Very true epaddon. Silly mistake on my part :) I meant guest stars in Batman that made guest appearances in other shows running in that 2-3 year time period, but I think this topic is going to become worn out soon....
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Batfan 66 wrote:I meant guest stars in Batman that made guest appearances in other shows running in that 2-3 year time period, but I think this topic is going to become worn out soon....
Not if you find single series with a large number of Bat-guests (pre or post series), instead of random series with only one, perhaps two Bat-guests, which would quickly turn into...the Internet Movie Database--essentially a random perfomer's credits list.
Beneath Wayne Manor
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: I guess you could say that's a pretty heavy list of cross-series performers. To be honest, i'm not sure if my list is complete! :)
The aforementioned Sam Jaffe was also in the Night Gallery pilot (the third story with Richard Kiley as the Nazi war criminal).
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

epaddon wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote:Skipper (Alan Hale) also was a guest star on Wild Wild West (with Jim Backus) during their final season, and in the final scene, he makes a hilarious inside joke in which Gilligan's theme music can be heard.
That in itself was a powerful comment on how much of an impact Gilligan was already making as a syndicated rerun staple just two years after its cancellation.
Either that or how typecast Hale was as the Skipper.
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

We had some crossover between Batman, The Green Hornet and The FBI:

[list][*]Lee Meriwether played Inspector Lewis Erskine's love interest in Season 1, and had guest appearances in 1968 and 1971;
[*]Anne Baxter played a kidnap victim in "Region of Peril," airing 25 February 1968, when Batman was still airing;
[*]Maurice Evans had a guest role in "The Intermediary," 1 December 1968;
[*]Francine York had a guest role in "The Cober List," 23 March 1969;
[*]Lloyd Gough (Mike Axton) was in "The Chameleon," 9 January 1966;
[*]Marvin Miller narrated all episodes between 1966 and 1974;
[*]Julie Gregg was in the series' finale, "Survival," 28 April 1974.[/list]

And I am sure there are many more!