Question about Blu Ray replacement discs...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

wally wingert

Question about Blu Ray replacement discs...

Post by wally wingert »

I did a really stupid thing.

When the replacement disc for Season 2 disc 2 arrived I put it with the others in the DVD case. Now that I'm ready to watch that disc, I can't remember which is the new disc and which is the old disc.

I put them both in the machine and the menus look identical.

Is there any way to differentiate the replacement disc from the original?

Thanks!
clavierankh

Re: Question about Blu Ray replacement discs...

Post by clavierankh »

By content. The first one will have the opening narration for Hey Diddle Riddle and the Next Week bumpers. The other new one will have the tag scene from Marsha's Scheme OF Diamonds.
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

clavierankh wrote:By content. The first one will have the opening narration for Hey Diddle Riddle and the Next Week bumpers. The other new one will have the tag scene from Marsha's Scheme OF Diamonds.
I might get slapped for mentioning this, I've yet to receive the replacement discs. This is not at the fault of anyone, the set was gifted to me...so since I was not the purchaser, I don't have the receipt. Now I would Imagine that the replacement disc would probably look Identical to the copy I already have.

I think I understand where Wally is coming from. Of course the difference is content, but your not going to know if you're watching the "full" episode until it's watched through...I can Imagine that would be frustrating.

Now my question is(and I apologize if this has already been addressed), for those who are just now buying the sets...are the corrections there or do we still have to inquire about replacement discs. The reason I ask this is I was gifted the dvd set(like I said). I'm thinking of purchasing the blue-ray version, but I'd hate to go through the hassle and wait for replacement discs. Thank you.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Asked in another thread-- they did not recall the defective sets. It would have been way too expensive.
You don't need your receipt or even a UPC code-- enter NO CODE in the form and they'll still send it to you.
http://www.shipment-service.com/batman66/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

And Wally- I KNEW I'd do the same thing when mine arrived, so I immediately switched them out and gave away the defective discs to a fan who wanted to compare the DVD to BLU quality.
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

wally wingert wrote:I did a really stupid thing.

When the replacement disc for Season 2 disc 2 arrived I put it with the others in the DVD case. Now that I'm ready to watch that disc, I can't remember which is the new disc and which is the old disc.

I put them both in the machine and the menus look identical.

Is there any way to differentiate the replacement disc from the original?

Thanks!
The best way to tell with the MARSHA second part episode is to check the running time. If the running time is about 24 minutes and 15 seconds, then it is the edited episode and the disc is from the original set. If the running time, however is about 25 minutes and 15 seconds, then it is the correct episode and length and it is definitely the replacement disc. Just about all120 episodes run 25 minutes and 15 seconds. The edited episode left out the "closure" scene with the Aunt Hilda cooking school just before the closing credits and that segment ran approximately one minute.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament