Burt Ward and Dick Cavett

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

waynemanor1960

Burt Ward and Dick Cavett

Post by waynemanor1960 »

During the early 1970s I recall Burt Ward appearing on Dick Cavett's show. I have never been able to find any footage of the interview. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find this interview?
chetchumley

Re: Burt Ward and Dick Cavett

Post by chetchumley »

he also appeared on the MIKE DOUGLASS show..around the early 70s also...i caught the last couple of minutes :roll: ....he appeared in his ROBIN costume...would also love to see this too...maybe one day??? these rare appearances will be available ????????????????? :?:
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

OMG - Was he interviewed as Robin? That must've been hysterical. I'll check You Tube.
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

chetchumley wrote:he also appeared on the MIKE DOUGLASS show..around the early 70s also...i caught the last couple of minutes :roll: ....he appeared in his ROBIN costume...would also love to see this too...maybe one day??? these rare appearances will be available ????????????????? :?:
I remember that appearance: They were doing a superhero fashion show. Rob Reiner was the MC and believe it or not, George Carlin participated and came out dressed as Spider-Man carrying a pair of pants; he referred to himself as "The Spider and the Fly." The last one to come out was a surprise: Burt Ward in his Robin costume. After his introduction he ended the segment by saying "Holy Brainwashing, it's time for a commercial." After the commercial break Mike Douglas continued the interview with Burt still in costume. It was a great and totally un-expected surprise.
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

I would love to see this.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I recall seeing a Mike Douglas Show intro with Burt Ward in it for a asplit second, and Douglas in a Batman suit sans cowl! Sometime in the 70's, I guess. I haven't found it, but someone put up a TON of Mike Douglas stuff on youtube, and I came across a great segment with Cesar Romero who co-hosted for a week! Looks to be about the time of Batman. He was really exuding his trademark charm.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

That appearance would be a great find; still close to when Batman '66 still had a good cultural hold.
Beneath Wayne Manor