Catwoman story - Parts Thirty-One to Thirty-Three (the end)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Seventeen: The Girls Celebrate

Post by dell »

Meanwhile, back at stately Wayne Manor:
Bruce and Alfred have returned from their engagements in the city. They casually walk into the living room and find Aunt Harriet sitting on the sofa. The matriarch of the house looks up from her knitting and is visibly relieved to have someone else in the house. “Thank heavens you’re back, I was getting a bit stir crazy sitting here all day with no one to talk to.”

Bruce and Alfred look alarmed for just a moment, but Aunt Harriet doesn’t notice their concern. Bruce asks, “Dick hasn’t returned from the school project he was working on?”

Aunt Harriet looks up from her knitting, “Why no, I thought he was with you. A school project you say, well, that explains why he isn’t back yet. I’m sure he enjoys hanging around with kids his own age rather than an old fuddy-duddy like me.”

Bruce hatches a plan to leave that shouldn’t arouse any suspicions from Aunt Harriet. “I just realized that I need to return to the Wayne Foundation. I promised to review several charitable requests this evening and I left the papers in my office. On my way I’ll stop by the school and check on Dick.”

Alfred states, “I only need a few moments to get my hat and my driving gloves sir.”

Bruce replies, “No need Alfred. I could use some fresh air; I’ll leave the top down on my way into town.”

Alfred catches the hint about the Batmobile and nods knowingly, “Of course sir.”

As Bruce leaves Aunt Harriet questions Alfred, “Leave the top down? What on earth does that mean?”

Always reluctant to lie, Alfred concocts a half truth, “A long time acquaintance of Mr. Wayne has a car without a roof; an open cockpit is the technical term.”

Aunt Harriet looks horrified, “Oh my, that sounds dangerous!”

“Rest assured, Mr. Wayne never takes unnecessary chances; he is a very conscientious driver. And I’ve had the pleasure of driving the vehicle on several occasions; an amazing vehicle. A 14 mile drive into the city is just the thing to put a person in the proper state of mind to handle whatever comes his way.”

Aunt Harriet just shakes her head as she turns her attention back to her knitting, “You men and your cars.”
dell
Mr. Deathtrap

Re: Catwoman story - Part Seventeen: The Girls Celebrate

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Well done once again, Dell,

I'm enjoying the characterization of the girl gang. Now, Batman races to the rescue and into Catwoman's deadly paws--and claws!

Purrrrr-fect!

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Eighteen: Baiting the Trap

Post by dell »

Part Eighteen: Baiting the Trap

Catwoman rose from her bed and felt thoroughly refreshed after her catnap. She glided silently over to the full length mirror and studied her appearance. She made a slight adjustment to her mask and then put her hands on her hips. The last few months as a physical education instructor had honed her body to the peak of physical perfection. She knew that she was more than ready to defeat Batman in paw to hand combat if she had to fight him. While the thought of personally defeating Batman in a fight pleased her immensely, she already had a plan to eliminate the Dynamic Dou that barely required her to lift a finger. Her only regret was that meant Batman wouldn’t be able to gaze upon her as she snuffed the life out of him. Oh well she thought, a girl can’t have everything.

Satisfied that her costume was perfect she strode confidently out of her chambers, down the hallway and into the room with Robin and her girls. The girls leapt to their feet as she entered the room. “Has he woken up yet?”, she asked tersely.

Kitty looked at her watch and replied, “He woke up about 50 minutes ago, but we knocked him out again just as you instructed.”

“Good, good, he should wake up again shortly. Pick him up and follow me into the next room.” Catwoman glided gleefully across the floor as she left the room. The three girls rushed to pick up the unconscious crimefighter and then carried him into the next room. They found Catwoman standing next to a large hook hanging from a steel cable.

“Bring him here and loop the rope on his wrists over this hook. The girls did as instructed and hung Robin by his wrists. When they released him he dangled from the hook by his wrists while his knees almost scraped the floor. Catwoman turned to Katya, “The controls for the winch are on the wall. Raise the hook so I can look him in the eye.” Katya swiftly moved to the controls. Moments later the winch was raising the hook and Robin. Katya stopped the winch when Robin’s feet left the ground. He was now dangling just below eye level with Catwoman.

Catwoman barked an order, “Katrina, get the smelling salts and help Robin wake up!” Katrina recalled seeing the smelling salts in the other room and raced to get them. Shortly, she was waving the smelling salts under Robin's nose. The Boy Wonder coughed after inhaling the pungent odor and his eyelids fluttered. Katrina gave him a second dose and this time he shook his head and pulled away from the irritating smell.

Still groggy, the Boy Wonder’s head rolled from side to side. Catwoman moved closer and pinched the Boy Wonder’s cheeks with her right hand. An evil look came over her beautiful face as she dug her metal claws into his soft flesh. She pulled her claws down his face with enough force to stir him from his slumber, but not so hard as to draw blood. Once she knew he was awake, she tilted her head coquettishly to the left and in a mocking voice said, “I had a pleasant nap Boy Wonder, it looks like you did too. That’s good as you’re going to need your strength.”

The smelling salts and Catwoman claws had done their job; Robin was now wide awake. “Catwoman, you and your minions will never get your paws on the Cobalt Cougar Diamond! Batman will stop you!”

Catwoman put her hands on her hips, shook her head and sighed, “You really have a one track mind Boy Wonder, you should learn to stop and smell the roses.” The evil smile quickly returned, “Ah, but I fear it’s too late for that. You’re about to meet the final two members of my gang, and I’m afraid they’re not as pleasant as I am.” Catwoman gestures to something behind Robin. Hanging by the hook, Robin strains to look over his shoulder, but all he can see behind him is a railing.

“Katya, raise Robin up so that he can see our cousins in crime.” The winch effortlessly raised Robin 6 feet, automatically stopping when he was just below the ceiling. Robin was now hanging helplessly from the hook and looking down at Catwoman and her minions. Catwoman briefly savored the moment and then issued her final command, “Now, move him out over the pit.”

Katya pushed another button on the control pad and the hook assembly slowly moved away from Catwoman. Robin looked up and could see the hook assembly was attached to a rail in the ceiling and the hook assembly was being pulled backwards along the rail. As he moved away from Catwoman he passed over the railing and now dangled over the pit. While Katya worked the control panel, Catwoman, Kitty, and Katrina advanced to the railing and looked down. Catwoman looks up at Robin and they lock eyes, “I would be a poor hostess if I didn’t introduce you to the final two members of my gang. These mountain lions are on loan from the Gotham City Zoo. On the left is Maria and on the right is Captain Georg. You’ll be joining them for dinner.”

Robin finally looks down and 20 feet below sees two mountain lions pacing at the bottom of the pit. “Holy von Trapp trap!” exclaims the Boy Wonder.

“Purrcisely Boy Wonder, will you still might like raindrops on roses, but I’m fairly certain I can cross off the whiskers on these kittens from your list of your favorite things.”

Katrina looks at Catwoman with a puzzled expression, “Mountain lions? Shouldn’t they be cougars?”

Catwoman puts her fists on her hips and rolls her eyes in disgust, but it is Robin who answers. “Cougar, mountain lion, puma, panther, and the obscure catamount are all the same animal. You really should do a better job of teaching your minions Catwoman!”

Catwoman ignores the rebuke and reaches up to grasp a rope hanging from the ceiling. She pulls down on the rope and the large pendulum behind her is pulled to one side. As she releases the rope the pendulum starts to swing. Robin looks up nervously as he feels the hook drop a fraction of an inch.

“Holy Pit and the Pendulum!”

“Exactly Boy Wonder! I just love the classics; don’t you? Since you’ve obviously figured out how I put my personal paw print on this delightful trap I have no need to explain it to you…” Catwoman looks around at her minions with a disgusted look, “…but I’ll explain it for everyone else just in case someone here isn’t a fan of Edgar Allen Poe.”
dell
dell

Re: Part Eighteen: Baiting the Trap

Post by dell »

Catwoman cheerfully gestures towards the pendulum behind her, “As I’m sure you know, you will act as the weight that drives the pendulum. And as the pendulum swings you will slowly drop into the pit; about one foot every 5 minutes. Waiting below are Maria and Captain Georg… and they’re quite hungry. So don’t expect them to wait patiently for dinner to be delivered. As you get closer they will start to jump and see if they can knock you off the hook.”

“Holy human piñata!” squeals Robin. He squirms, but the ropes on his wrists and ankles are expertly tied and he can’t break free. Frustrated with his inability to free himself he snaps at Catwoman, “I’ve escaped your traps before Catwoman! This one will be no different!”

“True, you have escaped a similar trap, but I’ve made a number of improvements with this one. Look around Boy Wonder and notice that there are no windows into this room, and the only door consists of steel bars, and we’ll lock that as we leave. The railings and ledges on the three sides of the pit are too far away for you to swing to, and the wall behind you is as smooth as polished glass. I’m afraid that leaves only one way for you to go… and that’s straight down!”

Robin assess the situation and can see that Catwoman is correct. He can’t escape on his own; he needs Batman to rescue him. “Batman will find me!”

Catwoman holds out her hand and Kitty drops the miniature transmitter Robin hid in the bushes into her glove. Catwoman strikes a jaunty pose and holds up the transmitter for Robin to see. “Were you counting on your miniature Bat-transmitter to show Batman the way? I’m afraid he doesn’t even know you are missing.”

Robin is crestfallen that his only chance for rescue has been discovered. He looks down again at the pacing cats.

Catwoman taunts him one last time, “I would love to stay and watch, but I’m afraid it’s time for the four of us to be off to create mayhem and chaos before we steal the Cobalt Cougar Diamond.” She looks into the pit, “Dinner will be served shortly my dears.” The four felines wave goodbye to Robin as they slink out the door and clang it shut.

Out in the hallway Catwoman stops and opens a hidden panel. She purrs as she places a finger on the first button, “And now to set the trap that will eliminate Batman! Katya, why don’t you explain it to your colleagues, but do it quietly as we don’t want Robin to overhear.”

Katya grinned from ear to ear as she turned to Kitty and Katrina and quietly explained, “The entire platform in front of the pendulum, the one we were all standing on just a minute ago, is really a giant trap door. The button Catwoman is pushing retracts the steel bars that hold up the platform. Now that the bars are retracted, anyone stepping onto that platform will cause the trapdoor to fall away and they will fall into the pit. Every night after our special classes with Catwoman I have been oiling the hinges and testing the trapdoor.”

Kitty finally realizes why Catwoman saved the Bat-transmitter. “So we’re going to turn on the Bat-transmitter just before we leave. That way, Batman will be drawn here and fall victim to your trapdoor during his attempt to rescue Robin.”

Catwoman pushes the second button on the hidden control panel and informs her minions, “Exactly my dear Kitty, Robin is simply the bait to lure Batman to his doom. But I know Batman, and I can’t rely on a single trapdoor to eliminate him. This second button activates the electric eye on the pendulum. If the pendulum stops for any reason, the winch will release the cable… and poor little Robin will immediately fall into the pit. Rest assured Batman won’t stand idly by while the Boy Wonder is served up to Maria and Captain Georg. He’ll jump in after him… and then Gotham City will finally be safe for crooks like me

And as Catwoman pushes the third and final button on the control panel she says, “And now I’m removing the safety locks from the pulley that holds up Robin and his hook. If Batman somehow avoids the first two traps, then this trap will be his undoing. With the safety locks removed the pulley is now on a hair trigger. Any disturbance, specifically Batman trying to remove Robin from the hook… will cause the entire assembly, and anything, or anyone hanging from it, to fall into the pit.”

Kitty smiles as she adds her comments to the conversation, “So it’s kind of like the tilt mechanism in a pinball machine; it Batman jostles it trying to rescue Robin… it’s game over.”

The four women howl with laughter at Kitty’s witty comment. After enjoying their hearty laugh Catwoman leads her minions out into the night to wreak havoc on Gotham City.

WILL ROBIN BECOME A MOUNTAIN LION MEAL?

IS BATMAN DESTINED TO BECOME CATAMOUNT CUISINE?

OR WILL THE DYNAMIC DOU BOTH BECOME COUGAR CHOW?

HOW CAN BATMAN POSSIBLY COME TO THE RESCUE WHEN HE HAS NO IDEA WHERE THE BOY WONDER IS?

STAY TUNED BAT-FRIENDS - STAY TUNED!!!
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect Cliffhanger Dell.
dell

Post by dell »

Just wanted to let people know I won't be adding to this for a while. I just haven't had time to sit down and write much and we will be heading out on vacation in less than a week. We are heading to Oz for three weeks and we travel light, so I won't be taking anything that accesses the internet.
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Have a good time.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I'm eagerly waiting to see if Batman can rescue Robin, or if the Dynamic Duo will become cat chow--purr the feline felon's plans.

Mr. Deathtrap
dell

Post by dell »

Sorry for the delay. I came up with some good ideas while on vacation and need to get them down on paper. Or rather, pixels on the display. I'll post something soon.
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect.Will you post any pictures?
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Dell,

Thanks. Take the time you need. Looking forward to more.

Mr. Deathtrap
dell

Post by dell »

elmrgraham wrote:Purrfect.Will you post any pictures?
My wife is still processing the photos on her computer, but I'll grab a few this weekend since she will be out of town. We took over 1,900 photos, so its taking her a while. She runs all the photos through a processing program that corrects color and optical distortion based on the camera and lens used for each photo. Then she selects the best photos and cleans up any defects like dust spots caused by debris on the digital sensor. Then she runs them through the processing program again to apply a style filter. She likes a particular kind of Fuji film filter that makes our digital photos look like they were taken with a specific kind of Fuji film. There are about 50 film filters she can choose from, but the one she likes makes the colors quite vibrant. And then she goes back and reviews the pre-Fuji photo to the Fuji style photo and selects the one she likes best from that pair. As I said, it takes a while.
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect.
dell

Post by dell »

I just finished Part 19. I want to get a few more parts completed before I post anything. Hang in there... just like Robin. :shock: :lol:
dell
dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Nineteen: The Search for Robin Begins

Post by dell »

Part 19: The Search for Robin Begins

Previously we’ve seen:
Catwoman stealing three pendants from a jewelry store.
Catwoman, disguised as Selena Kyle, pretending to be a teacher at an all-girl’s academy.
Catwoman recruiting her gang from the academy’s students.
Batman deduces that the Cobalt Cougar Diamond is the Catwoman’s target.
Catwoman tests her aspiring cat burglars.
The girls pass their tests and earn their cat ears.
The police provide extra security for the Cobalt Cougar Diamond.
Robin gives a speech.
Catwoman pounces on Robin and the Boy Wonder is captured.
Catwoman uses Robin as bait.
Can Batman reach Robin in time?
Will Batman fall victim to Catwoman’s sinister plans?

Stay tuned Batfans! Stay tuned!!

Batman paces back and forth in the Batcave as Alfred looks on deeply concerned. Both men are deep in thought trying to determine the best way to find Robin. Alfred finally breaks the silence, “I feel as if I should’ve done more to find him sir. Maybe if I had taken some time to drive around the school grounds. I… I might have found a clue.”

Batman stops pacing and shakes his head. “No Alfred, we can’t let ourselves get caught up in what ifs. Besides, you would’ve been very conspicuous driving around the school in the Wayne limousine looking for Robin.”

“Your right of course, but I feel so helpless just sitting here knowing that he’s most likely in Catwoman’s devious claws.”

“I feel the same way Alfred, but if he is in Catwoman’s claws I can’t just rush off blindly trying to find him. His life may be in peril at this very moment, so I need to proceed logically to find him as quickly as possible.”

“Sir, do you think Catwoman has some sort of connection to the academy where Robin was speaking?”

“I’ve just come to the same conclusion Alfred. I’ll go to the school and speak to Principal Balding. Stay here in the Batcave in case Principal Balding has any information I need you to enter into the Batcomputer.”

“Anything to be of service sir. However, while you make your way to the academy I suggest that I prepare a quick dinner for Mrs. Cooper. I’ll inform her that you and Master Dick are at the Wayne Geological Society reviewing the security measures for the Cobalt Cougar Diamond. I’ll try to get back to the Batcave well before you have anything to report from the academy. ”

“Good thinking Alfred! Aunt Harriet will be wondering where we’ve been all day. There’s no need to cause her to be concerned by our absence.” Batman turns and runs to the Batmobile and then speeds off to the Marie Antoinette Academy for Recalcitrant Girls.

And as Batman races towards the academy, sinister goings-on are taking place at the academy’s old, deserted gymnasium. Catwoman and her protégés are leaving the cat lair and are about to bait the trap for Batman.

Catwoman turns on Robin’s Bat-transmitter and hands it to Kitty. She tells Kitty to turn it on and place it in the same bush where she found it. The young woman takes the transmitter and places it under the bush where she found it. Having baited the trap for Batman, the four women get in the car and head into Gotham City to complete Catwoman’s larcenous plan.
dell