Catwoman story - Parts Thirty-One to Thirty-Three (the end)

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Thirteen: Chief O’Hara’s Brilliant Plan

Post by dell »

Part Thirteen: Chief O’Hara’s Brilliant Plan

The Commissioner leans on his desk and shakes his head, “Bedlam, Batman! Sheer bedlam in Gotham City last night.”

The Chief adds, “Sure’n we had our hands full Caped Crusaders. And that She-deevil is just mocking us with these crimes.”

The Commissioner slaps his desk with rage, “And she’s doing a good job of it too. The audacity of that feline scourge to steal a piece of cobalt, a silver cougar statue and a one of a kind diamond. Could she be any more blatant about her real target?”

Batman paces the floor in Commissioner Gordon’s office as the Chief, the Commissioner and Robin look on. “Three jewelry stores robbed in one night, but thanks to the Gotham City Police, the Catwoman came up one item short. Moving the Cobalt Cougar Diamond to the Wayne Geological Society eight hours earlier than scheduled was a brilliant move by Chief O’Hara. I’m certain Catwoman had plans to steal it in conjunction with the other thefts last night.”

The Chief puffed out his chest and replied, “Me men and I had no trouble at all Batman; the transfer went smooth as silk. I personally held onto the display case with the diamond the entire time. I have to say that holding that valuable diamond made me feel like millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne for just a few minutes.”

Batman smiles in amusement, “I have met Mr. Wayne on several occasions and, except on rare circumstance, I seriously doubt he spends his time carrying around diamonds. As a matter of fact, even though he’s a millionaire playboy, he probably spends his days very much like you and I do.”

Commissioner Gordon sagely adds, “And lest we forget Chief O’Hara, with great wealth comes great responsibility… and even danger. In addition to his generous monetary contributions to countless charities in Gotham City, Mr. Wayne donates considerable amounts of his time to the community. And both his wealth and his good deeds have made him a frequent target of the criminal underworld.”

The Chief nods head in agreement, “Aye, I shudders to think what Gotham City would be like if it weren’t for the likes of Mr. Wayne… and you too Batman.”

The Commissioner pales as he says, “The mere thought of Gotham City without either one shakes me to the core!”

Batman decides to move the conversation away from comparisons between Batman and Bruce Wayne, “Gentlemen, I believe Mr. Wayne would prefer we spend our time ensuring the safety of the Cobalt Cougar Diamond, rather than discussing his charitable works and personal issues.”

The Commissioner quickly agrees, “You’re so right Batman! Chief, we should get an update from the security team protecting the diamond!”

The Chief replies,” I gets a radio report every 15 minutes. So far they haven’t seen even so much as a whisker of Catwoman.”

Batman adds, ”I doubt she’s brash enough to try and steal it in the middle of the day. The Catwoman is a creature of the night; I suspect her theft attempt will come sometime this evening, after the display closes to the public.”

“We could certainly use your help Batman.”

“Robin and I will return later tonight. I have several pressing engagements I must attend to this afternoon and Robin will be giving a crime prevention speech at a local all-girls school.”

The Commissioner nods his head and speak gravely, “I fear we monopolize your time far too often Batman; we sometimes forget that you have a life outside the cowl.”

“Never fear Commissioner; Robin and I are just doing what any good citizens should do given the chance to help the police.”

“Your modesty never fails to amaze me Batman.”

Batman blushes slightly and takes the lull in the conversation as an opportunity to depart. “Robin and I are going to return to the Batcave and exam the security plans for the Cobalt Cougar Diamond one more time. I fear we may have overlooked something.”

As Batman and Robin are leaving, the Commissioner softly states a heartfelt thank you that no one else can hear, “Caped Crusader, all of Gotham City owes you and Robin a debt that can never be repaid.”
dell
dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Fourteen: Exit, Stage Left

Post by dell »

Part Fourteen: Exit, Stage Left

Later that same day: The Boy Wonder had just completed his crime prevention speech and was receiving a raucous standing ovation from the students at the Marie Antoinette Academy for Recalcitrant Girls. Embarrassed, as he always is by public adulation, the Boy Wonder shyly waves to acknowledge the crowd and then quickly exits the stage. Once offstage he makes his way to Principal Richard Balding.

“Principal Balding, I would appreciate it if you could help me make a quick and quiet exit. I need to return to the Batcave and help Batman with a case. The last thing I need is to be trapped…” Robin looks somewhat embarrassed as he continues his explanation, “…by a bunch of girls… looking for autographs…” The Boy Wonder turns a darker shade of red as he softly adds. “… or to give me a personal thank you.” Robin looks over his shoulder with deep concern as the cheering seems to have actually increased in intensity since he left the stage.

The Principal looks rather confused by the sustained cheering as he asks, “I don’t suppose you have an encore you could give? They seem desperate to hear more from you.”

“I’m afraid not sir… Umm… no group has ever asked for an encore before.”

“I understand perfectly Robin. It’s just that the girls seem especially jubilant today; it appears that they really enjoyed your speech. Would you consider returning next year?”

“Of course Principal Balding, but maybe we could discuss this at another time. I really think I should be going now; Batman needs my help you know.”

The principal points to his left, “Of course, if you just go out that door you’ll be in the middle of a hallway with all the teacher’s offices. If you go to the right you’ll pass my office and come to the side exit. You shouldn’t encounter any students in the hallway as all of them are here in the auditorium.”

A look of relief comes over Robin’s face, “Thank you very much Principal Balding.”

The Boy Wonder goes out the door and takes a right as instructed. He’s halfway down the hallway when he spots something suspicious; an oddly dressed girl surreptitiously slipping out of Principal Balding’s office.

Robin quickly slips into the closest teacher’s office to avoid being seen and then carefully peers around the door frame. The girl is dressed in a leopard skin print tunic over a black catsuit! And she’s carrying a folder that has Official College Entrance Exams written on it in big bold letters. The girl quietly moves towards the door and then slips out the side exit.

Robin moves to the door and gives the girl a few seconds before he opens it. However, by the time Robin looks out she’s nowhere in sight. He runs out onto the sidewalk and just catches a quick glimpse of her as she is heading towards another building. He reaches for his Batradio to call Batman, but she slips into the building as he watches her. He knows she’ll get away if he calls Batman right now, so he leaves the Batradio on his utility belt and immediately runs toward the other building.

He listens at the door that the mysterious girl entered, but hears nothing. He reaches for the handle, but his training finally gets the better of him. He pulls out his Batradio and tries to call Batman. Unfortunately, there is no reply. Then he remembers that Bruce Wayne had several pressing engagements to take care of this afternoon. And that meant that Alfred would be with him as his chauffeur and to assist with other tasks. That meant that both of them would be incommunicado until they returned to the Batcave.

Thinking quickly, he remembers that Batman just added a repeater mechanism to the radio. Essentially, a small tape recorder that could hold 10 seconds of information and broadcast it every 5 minutes. He activates the repeater mechanism and records his brief message, “I just saw something suspicious at the Marie Antoinette Academy. I’m investigating.” He then carefully hides the radio in a nearby bush knowing that the message will be sent to Batman every 5 minutes until the batteries go dead. If he doesn’t return shortly to turn off the radio, at least Batman will get the message that something’s afoot at the all-girls school.

He quietly pulls the door open and steps into a darkened room. He finds the light switch, but nothing happens when he flips the switch. He carefully walks further into the room when suddenly several spotlights snap on. He’s standing in a circle of bright light, and 6 feet away another light is illuminating two girls. The girls are dressed identically to the one he followed into the building, but each of these girls has an additional accessory to her wardrobe… a cat gun pointed directly at his chest.
dell
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Dell,

I knew Robin would be in trouble when i read he would deliver a speech at the girl's school. Now, I'm wondering if Catwoman will wait before bumping him off to use him to get her paws on Batman. Also, of course, can't wait to see how the young ladies plan to 'deal with' the Boy Wonder.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
dell

Post by dell »

Mr. Deathtrap wrote:Dell,

I knew Robin would be in trouble when i read he would deliver a speech at the girl's school. Now, I'm wondering if Catwoman will wait before bumping him off to use him to get her paws on Batman. Also, of course, can't wait to see how the young ladies plan to 'deal with' the Boy Wonder.

Mr. Deathtrap
I'm glad you're enjoying the story. Good guess on Catwoman's plans for poor Robin. I better keep my mouth shut as I don't want to give anything away, but rest assured that Robin will find himself in danger very soon.

Thanks for commenting; I was beginning to wonder if anyone was really reading it (other than elmrgraham of course :D ).
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

And enjoying it too.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Keep up the good work, Dell. Of course I KNOW that whatever danger that Robin might be in, Catwoman would certainly NOT press the Boy Wonder into a comic book!
dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Fifteen: A Robin in the Paw is Worth Two in the Bush

Post by dell »

Things are getting dicey!

Part Fifteen: A Robin in the Paw is Worth Two in the Bush

Katya and Katrina laugh at Robin as he quickly realizes that he has walked into a trap. Before he has a chance to react they both fire their cat guns and the darts hit Robin squarely in the chest. But now it’s Robin’s turn to laugh as the darts bounce off and fall harmlessly to the floor.

Robin eagerly pounds his right fist into his left hand and loudly proclaims, “Batman and I modified our costumes to be dart proof right after we had our run in with Catwoman and her cat darts. I’m not sure what’s going on here, but both of you and that other girl are going to the principal’s office! … And you have a lot of questions to answer!”

As Robin was preaching at Katya and Katrina, Kitty silently slipped out from behind several crates stacked near the door. Advancing on the Boy Wonder from behind, he had no idea she was preparing to strike. Just as he finished admonishing the other girls she dashed at Robin and grabbed him in a tight bear hug from behind. As soon as Kitty grabbed Robin, Katya and Katrina threw down their empty cat guns and also rushed the Boy Wonder. Reaching Robin while he was still surprised by Kitty’s attack they each grabbed an arm and held on as tightly as they could.

Robin had fought thugs many times and knew how to escape such a tight spot, but all three of his opponents in this situation were girls. Every defensive move he knew involved punching or other physical violence against his opponents. He couldn’t bring himself to harm the girls. Instead of fighting. he tried pulling his arms loose, but the girls were far stronger than he expected.

He finally had an idea on how to escape, but he was distracted by movement from across the room. In a darkened corner where neither spotlight reached, he saw something, or someone, move. A second later he was certain there was another person in the room. At first all he saw an indistinct, dark silhouette against an even darker background. But as whoever it was moved closer he could discern more details. When he finally noticed the pointed ears perched on top of her head his blood ran cold.

A second later Catwoman stepped into the light and slowly approached the Boy Wonder and his three captors. She spoke as she confidently closed the distance between them, “I would be remiss if I didn’t introduce you to the members of my gang. On your right is Katya, on your left is Katrina, and behind you is the delightful Kitty.”

Robin continued to struggle to free himself, but the girls held him tightly. He replied to Catwoman’s taunt with his usual boisterous tone, “You’ll have to excuse me if I don’t shake hands!”

Catwoman smiled and mildly rebuked the Boy Wonder, “You’re rather…” She broke off mid sentence and looked off into the distance as she clutched the cat o’ nine tails to her chest with both hands… “what’s the word Batman would use?”

“Impertinent!” cried Robin.

Catwoman’s eyes lit up as she repeated the word, “Impertinent, yes, that’s exactly the word I want.”

She moved to within a foot of Robin and looked down at him with a malevolent grin. In her heels she towered over the Boy Wonder, but he defiantly returned her stare even as her assistants held him tightly. However, the contest of wills was short lived as Robin began to wilt under the penetrating gaze of the confidant woman looming over him.

Defiant, despite his precarious situation, Robin renewed his struggles and blurted out, “We’ve thwarted your plans yet again Catwoman!!! Chief O’Hara moved the Cobalt Cougar Diamond eight hours earlier than planned so you couldn’t steal it as it was moved from its vault to the Wayne Geological Society.”

She smiled and gripped the handle of her cat o’ nine tails tightly with delight as Robin revealed this important piece of information. “Your impertinence is only surpassed by your overconfidence Boy Wonder, that was never my plan. However, it tells me that you, Batman, and the police are taking every precaution to safeguard your precious diamond. Too bad for you that it will be wasted effort.”

The Boy Wonder was now enraged as he realized he had been tricked into revealing important information, “Batman will capture you yet again Catwoman! In a head to head battle of wits, you come in a distant third against the Caped Crusader!”

“Silence!!! Didn’t anyone teach you that if you don’t have anything nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all?” And as the final word rolled off her lips, Catwoman pointed the base of her cat o’ nine tails at Robin’s face and gave the hidden trigger a sharp squeeze. A fine spray of dried Catatonic shot into Robin’s face from the base of the whip. The powdered anesthetic worked quickly; within seconds the Boy Wonder’s eyelids began to flutter and soon thereafter he collapsed.

Catwoman howled with delight, “One down and one to go!”
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I enjoyed this, thank you.

Do you plan on sharing Kitty and the other gang-member's perspectives of Robin's capture, as you did their perspective on their initial robberies?
dell

Post by dell »

robinboyblunderer wrote:I enjoyed this, thank you.
I'm glad you are enjoying this. I'm not getting many comments on this, so I'm not really sure how people feel about it.
robinboyblunderer wrote:Do you plan on sharing Kitty and the other gang-member's perspectives of Robin's capture, as you did their perspective on their initial robberies?
That is something I hadn't considered; it's an interesting idea. My initial thought was to shift things back to Batman, Robin and Catwoman as I have spent a lot of time on Catwoman's protégés. I thought people would be getting tired of them and want the story to get back to the main characters. I have written the next part of the story, but I am not happy with it. It's functional, but not very good story telling. You've given me a new perspective that could help me make it better.

It will be at least a few days before the next part gets posted regardless of how much of it gets rewritten. I am volunteering at the Red Cross tomorrow, launching rockets on Saturday and spending time with what's her name (the wife) on Sunday as she is going on a business trip next week.
dell
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

The most important thing is what you think of the story. You don't have to take lack of comments as a bad thing, people may be waiting for your fan fiction to be complete before even reading it.

I think reading Catwoman's proteges feelings on the events of Chapter 15 would be interesting, since you shared their perspective earlier. If you did, I also understand shifting back to the Dynamic Duo and Catwoman afterwards.

That's nice of you to volunteer at the Red Cross!
dell

Part Sixteen: The Girls Receive Their Rewards

Post by dell »

So I'm getting closer to the halfway point. :D Part 17 is written as well as a significant chunk of part 18. And I really hope part 18 will be the halfway point with the deathtrap.

When I started this I thought I would do the whole thing in 20 parts, obviously I missed the mark on that. I'm going to try and get this done before I go on vacation near the end of September, because I will be gone for three weeks and won't be posting anything during that time. :shock:

Part Sixteen: The Girls Receive Their Rewards

Catwoman beamed with joy as she looked at the unconscious Boy Wonder. “Katya, Katrina, take Robin to the next room and tie him up until we need him. Kitty, go outside and look for any tracking devices he may have left for Batman.”

The girls immediately got to work carrying out Catwoman’s orders. Kitty was the first to complete her task as she returned less than two minutes later and handed Catwoman the transmitter Robin had hidden in the bush. Catwoman examined the device and quickly found the on/off switch. She turned it off and handed it back to Kitty. “Hang on to that until we need it.”

Kitty gave Catwoman a perplexed look and then looked at the transmitter. Catwoman spoke before Kitty could ask a question. “Batman and Robin are an almost unbeatable team, but their greatest strengths can be used against them. We will use their transmitter and their teamwork to defeat them.” Kitty was now more confused than ever.

Catwoman was amused by Kitty’s confusion. She ignored the girl and instead closed her eyes and imagined Gotham City without the Dynamic Duo. With only the police trying to stop her she could steal with near impunity. Jewels, money, priceless works of art; all of it would be hers for the taking. She allowed herself several moments to ponder the possibilities before she returned to reality and continued her explanation to Kitty. “Think about it Kitty, with Robin under our control, we can control Batman… not completely of course, but more than enough to lead him into a trap and destroy him.”

“I don’t see how Catwoman.”

“You’ll understand soon enough my dear Kitty. Let’s go and join the others.”

Catwoman pushed the curtain aside and sauntered into the next room. She checked the ropes that had been tied around Robin’s wrists and ankles. Satisfied that the Boy Wonder couldn’t escape, Catwoman called the three young women together. “We didn’t have time for this last night, but we have several hours before we execute the next phase of my plan. You’ve all done well and passed every test I have assigned. Therefore, it’s time that I give you your reward.”

Catwoman picked up a box and then handed it to Katya. Catwoman opened the lid and removed a headband with cat ears similar to the ones that she wore. The only difference was that these ears on this headband were covered in the same leopard print fabric as the girl’s tunics. Catwoman lifted the headband for everyone to see and proclaimed, “Katya, you have passed all the tests and fulfilled all the requirements… you have earned the title of Cat Burglar… Third Class”. She then placed the headband on her nervous young protégé. Katya nearly swooned, but managed to stay on her feet without any assistance.

Catwoman quickly took a second headband from the box and moved to Katrina. Again, Catwoman lifted the headband for everyone to see and proclaimed, “Katrina, you have passed all the tests and fulfilled all the requirements… you have earned the title of Cat Burglar… Third Class.” She then placed the headband on the overjoyed Katrina.

Catwoman walked back to Katya and took the box from her assistant. She took the third headband from the box and then returned the empty box to her desk. She slowly made her way back to Kitty. She held the headband up for the girls to see and spoke forcefully, “Kitty, you have passed all the tests and fulfilled all the requirements…” Catwoman paused far longer than she had when awarding ears to both Katya and Katrina. Finally she continued, “And you have shown composure and quick thinking under significant duress. I award you the title of Cat Burglar… Second Class… Junior Grade of course; you still have a lot to learn.” Catwoman then placed the headband on the stunned Kitty.

All three girls were speechless with the honor bestowed upon Kitty. But before they could erupt in congratulations, Catwoman shut them down. “It’s going to be a busy night, I’m going to grab a catnap. That means you need to keep it quiet out here! And keep an eye on Robin! Kitty, if he starts to wake up just give him another dose of Catatonic from my cat o’ nine tails.”

Catwoman immediately turned away from her protégés and headed to her room. By leaving, the girls would have a chance to celebrate their newly awarded titles like the teenage girls that they were. But by ordering them to keep quiet and to keep an eye on Robin, she had also not so subtly reminded them that she was in charge. They could celebrate, but only in the manner that she had approved.
dell
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Purrfect.Watch out Batman!
Lord Death Man

Re: Catwoman story - Part Sixteen: The Girls Receive Their Rewards

Post by Lord Death Man »

Very entertaining. But it needs an appearance from KATana ;)
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
dell

Re: Catwoman story - Part Seventeen: The Girls Celebrate

Post by dell »

I am posting this in two parts as it was rather long (3 pages in Word). So look for the rest of part seventeen right after this post.

Part Seventeen: The Girls Celebrate

While Catwoman slumbered, her kittens celebrated. They hugged each other and quietly gushed over their new headbands. And when it came time to congratulate Kitty on her special title she was thoroughly embarrassed by the enthusiastic praise from Katya and Katrina.

The young women carried on for over 15 minutes when Katrina noticed Robin was starting to wake up. The celebrations quickly ended and all three girls rushed over to Robin. Katya and Katrina grabbed the Boy Wonder and pulled him to his feet. They eagerly told Kitty to grab the cat o’ nine tails from Catwoman’s desk so they could send Robin back into a deep sleep.

However, Kitty wasn’t as eager as her littermates to dispatch Robin, as she would be the one actually pulling the trigger. Kitty timidly moved over to Catwoman’s desk and tentatively picked up the whip. She slowly turned around to face Robin. Suddenly, the whip felt like it weighed 100 pounds. She gripped it tightly with both hands and moved to within a few feet of Robin. She was breathing heavily at the responsibility placed in her paws.

Katrina urged her on, “Just point the base of the whip at him and pull the trigger. It’ll be lights out for him just like when Catwoman did it!”

Robin’s eyes fluttered and he caught sight of Katya. More asleep than awake he mumbled, “You’re cute!”

Katya brushed the hair off his forehead and caressed his face. “Maybe we shouldn’t gas him right away. He is adorable. A few kisses wouldn’t hurt anything.”

Katrina quickly became annoyed at Kitty’s hesitation and with Katya’s infatuation. “Robin is one of Catwoman’s sworn enemies. He’s not a plaything for you, Katya. And since he’s Catwoman’s enemy, he’s our enemy too Kitty!”

Katya defended herself, “He thinks I’m cute. And for the record, I think he’s cute too. Put the two of us in that corner and we’ll be so busy kissing he won’t even have a chance to think about escaping.”

Katrina’s stormed back, “He’d sooner slap his Batcuffs on you than kiss you Katya; even if he does think your cute.”

Still feeling slightly groggy, Robin again looked at Katya. The little vixen wrinkled her nose and tried to speak seductively, “I think you’re cute too Robin. Why don’t we go sit in a corner and kiss for a little bit?”

Rather than seducing him, Katya’s proposition enraged the Boy Wonder and allowing him to shake off the last cobwebs from his mind. “I remember you! You’re working for Catwoman! I’m not going to kiss you!”

Robin tried to pull away from Katya and Katrina, but they held onto him tightly. While his mind had cleared, his body was barely responsive and he lacked the strength to pull away. He turned away from Katya and look at Katrina who mocked the Boy Wonder, “Don’t worry, I don’t want to kiss you. I’m actually the one who keeps voting to eliminate you.”

Robin knew he was in serious trouble, but there wasn’t much he could do about it in his weakened state. Katya and Katrina tightened their grip on Robin’s arms in preparation for Kitty to use the Catatonic on him.

Katrina urged Kitty to act, “He’s getting stronger by the second. Do it now or we could be in big trouble soon.”

With Robin’s rejection, Katya’s infatuation evaporated, “Well, if he doesn’t want to kiss me, then there’s no reason to keep him awake. I’m with Katrina, spray him and be done with it.”

Kitty felt emboldened by the encouragement of Katya and Katrina. She stepped closer to Robin and pointed the base of the cat o’ nine tails at his face. Robin squirmed and tried to pull away, but all four of them knew he was trapped. Kitty smiled and teased her victim, “Poor little boy, are you frightened? In situations like this, I find it helps if you take a deep, calming breath.” And with that she sprayed the Catatonic into her helpless victim’s face. Moments later he was once again unconscious and at the mercy of Catwoman and her kittens.

(The rest of part seventeen follows in the next post.)
dell