Is it true that Van Williams.....

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

John Mack

Is it true that Van Williams.....

Post by John Mack »

was the voice of President Johnson in the Batman movie? Maybe I should have posted this in the GH section? And while we're on the subject of UNCREDITED actors etc, why is this? I know the general thought on the subject was, "They didn't really do a lot of credits in those days" but follow me on this....Other production companies DID have major credits in there movies, alas not such things as "The voice of President Johnson" etc, but certainly the Penguin's pirates would have been listed.

Anywho....

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Catfan

Re: Is it true that Van Williams.....

Post by Catfan »

Yes, it is true, and this is indicated on IMDB.com. However, President Johnson's name is never mentioned, and I always took it to mean that it was simply "The President," with the implication that it was LBJ.
Dr. Shimel

Re: Is it true that Van Williams.....

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Catfan wrote:Yes, it is true, and this is indicated on IMDB.com. However, President Johnson's name is never mentioned, and I always took it to mean that it was simply "The President," with the implication that it was LBJ.
Which is the usual way of handling it, since the filmmakers aren't looking to date the film. That said, at the end of "Dizzoner the Penguin," Batman turns down the Democratic push to nominate him for President by saying, "But I thought your party already had a candidate (LBJ--at the time) for 1968."