Batcycle #1 and Batcycle #2

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BatDavidEvanSmith

Batcycle #1 and Batcycle #2

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

I was wondering if there was any documentation as to why there was one type of Batcycle w/sidecar in the Penguin Goes Straight/Not Yet He Ain't Episodes, and then the version that was used in the rest of the series.

I have read about the movie budget being used to fashion vehicles like the Batcopter and Batboat to then recycle into seasons 2 and 3, but if they already had a Batcycle, why a new one? Just design preferences? Has anyone spoken about this anywhere about why?
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."
irishmiss

Re: Batcycle #1 and Batcycle #2

Post by irishmiss »

Probably because of the side car being difficult for Burt would be my guess. If you watch The Black Widow

episodes, I think that is where the Batcycle # 1 ended up.

Kathy
irishmiss

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

The season 1 Batcycle was not really a purpose built bike. It was a basic 1965 Harley ElectraGlide Police bike with a piece of lexan cut with scallops on the edge to look like a bat shield and some stripes and decals. It was probably rented from the same prop house that supplied the other non-bat vehicles. Between season 1 and 2 they made the movie as you know and they actually had some budget to make bat-specific vehicles. I never really liked the later Batcycle because it was wimpy 250 2 stroke bike. It looked cool, but had no guts. I hope that answers some of your question. :-D
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

It did a bit, thank you!
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."