Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: Batgirl episodes redo,likes,and new ideas

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Thinking of that LIS season 3 oener. Marcel Hillaire conveyed a real sense of menace and dark humor as the space convict accidentally defrosted by doctor smith. Seeing him with frost makes me think he might have been a good Mister Freeze. Somewhere between George Saders and Otto Preminger.

I'm just as glad they didn't do Mister freeze in the third season. He demands good production values with his frozen hide outs and freeze gun. I hate to think what the third season Freeze would have looked like.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Now that You mention it Clavierankh, You have a MAGNIFICENT idea with Marcel as Mr. Freeze and You are also right IMHO, about the poor production values in the 3rd season. I had forgotten how dark and menacing He was in the 3rd season LIS opener. I need to close for now, so.......

Cheers,
Larry
BatGirl

Post by BatGirl »

I have toyed around with the idea of a villain that never was, a Mr Slime, sending out bright green slime to cover people or over things, I could imagine BatGirl and Batman trying to combat him and his perils of evil and slime
Jessica
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Sort of an opposite of "The Toxic Avenger"?
Larry
BatGirl

Post by BatGirl »

Yes!

Or I was thinking of the old shows like You can't do that on television where people are randomly slimed,
I guess it would have to be a comedy element but in a very 1966 batman style sinister and evil way
Jessica
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Jessica,
I'm glad We seem to be reasonably on the same page. BTW, Did You ever see folks get "slimed" on Nickelodeon? I really like Your idea the more I think about it. Any chance You could do a "Fanzine" of Such a character? It's a thought!
Peace and Hope be with You,
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Mr.Slime is an excellent idea for a Batman Villain.Or perhaps Miss Slime as a Batman Villainess.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

How about a husband and wife team......We've never seen that before either on the series or in the comics.....Mr. and Ms. Slime, :lol: .
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Dr. Cassandra and Cabala were a husband wife tea,.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

You are right.They were.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about a husband and wife Scuba Diving Criminal Team to go against The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio:Mr.and Ms.Scuba.That would have been an excellent two parter for the 1966 Batman TV Series.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Darn, I had completely forgotten about Dr. C. and Cabal!!!!!!!!!
Larry
BatmanFan102

Post by BatmanFan102 »

I watched the Dr. Cassandra episode just yesterday and indeed they were quite forgettable, perhaps because they were invisible half the time.

Batgirl gave the show some new blood, an added "umpfh" from the first 2 seasons of back to back nights and cliffhangers all the time.

Still it would be annoying when at the end of most season 3 shows, the Commissioner and Chief O'Hara would say "Well now maybe things will get back to normal around here." only to have next week's villain show up. That got rather old rather fast. Would have preferred more cliff hangers during season 3, and much better sets. The sets for the villain hideouts looked so incredibly barren. Ffogg Place looked rather nice at least.