Fight Music

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Fight Music

Post by clavierankh »

There are people here who know much more about music than I. I think there were three basic peices of fight music. One per season.

Season one , which seemed to me to be an orchestration of the main theme. (I'm probably wrong).

The second season music which I first heard in the submarine fight in the movie .

The third season music heard in the final fight in Enter Batgirl Exit Penguin.

I liked the first season best. Then the third season. I was never a big fan of the second season music.

There was also special music. The clock chime music in the final Clock King fight in The Clock King Gets Crowned.. Skip To My Lou in The Greatest Mother Of Them All, and Old McDonald in The Yegg Foes In Gotham. to name a few.

It also seemed they used different music in the third season Joker episodes.

The fight music hasn't been mention much here and I wondered what people thought.
Bat 66

Re: Fight Music

Post by Bat 66 »

I always liked the third season music. Go figure.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

I really enjoyed the first season fight music as well. The only time the "real" fight scene music was used in third season was the King Tut fight in the Batcave. It was so refreshing to hear it again!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Billy May's music was one of the few good things in the embarrassing third season.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

clavierankh wrote:There are people here who know much more about music than I. I think there were three basic peices of fight music. One per season.

Season one , which seemed to me to be an orchestration of the main theme. (I'm probably wrong)..
I believe threre were several fight cues written for season one, which can be heard in Smack in the Middle (elephant), Better Luck Next Time (Catwoman's lair), The Joker is Wild(museum), and Give em the Axe (museum) among others. Sure, the Bat theme may find its way in the music, but if i'm not mistaken, each fight cue was distinctive apart from Bat notes.
Beneath Wayne Manor