Yvonne Craig - May 16, 1937 – August 17, 2015 :(

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Re: Yvonne Craig - May 16, 1937 – August 17, 2015 :(

Post by dell »

So very sad. I never met her, but those that have said she was one of the nicest people they ever met. My heart goes out to her family and those that met her.
dell
droboogie

Post by droboogie »

Very sad to hear this. By all accounts, she was a lovely person, and her contributions to popular culture will be there forever.

Sorry, Scott - I know you were close to her. Sincere condolences.
JWLJN

Post by JWLJN »

RIP To someone who seemed to be a true hero in life, not just someone who played one on tv.

-J\/\/
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Oh no that's terrible. I used to follow her website from time to time. She seemed like a lovely lady, and was so proud of haven been part of this show.

R.I.P. Yvonne.
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

I am so sorry to read this news. My condolences to her family and those of you here who had the privilege to meet and know Ms. Craig.
antman67

Post by antman67 »

She will be missed. She is the FIRST and ONLY Batgirl to me
Attachments
11903910_10204618187874548_6810228726159770719_n.jpg
11903910_10204618187874548_6810228726159770719_n.jpg (22.64 KiB) Viewed 7195 times
I'm a fan of Batman 1966 and other Batman movies too
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Very sad news. Condolences to her family and friends. She will live on forever in our hearts and in our memories of her life and times. Rest in peace.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

My heart goes out to her family and friends. She will be missed..................
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
Batman Les Paul

Post by Batman Les Paul »

I knew it was inevitable to start seeing one of the our three heroes to eventually pass, but it really is heartbreaking to read the news.

Rest in Peace.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Sad news...and yet another person lost to a form of cancer. It appears that will never stop haunting humanity.

Fans of a certain age never like to think of it, but anyone growing up on 60s / 70s TV, music and movies have been hit with the same grim news repeatedly this year (such as Nimoy, Leslie Gore and Harve Bennet, among others), and considering their generation, one cannot help think that other performers might soon move to the next realm of existence--the bigger role.

However, if you appreciated Yvonne Craig as a person, or for any of her professional work, then keep doing that--as it keeps her energy here, if only in a small sense.

I think I will watch "Find Tara Chapman!" - her guest starring role in an early episode of The Mod Squad.
Beneath Wayne Manor
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

I was on vacation these past few days with limited internet or tv access.
Was very excited to get back on the board to catch up with everyone this morning... and then I saw this thread.

I met Yvonne once at the San Diego Comic Con a few years back. She was beautiful, warm and just the sweetest person. We took pictures. She signed an autograph for me. We hung out for a bit, as this was before all the 66 Batman "hype", if you will. So there weren't a lot of people waiting to talk to her. So my wife and I spent time with her.

Some stars you end up meeting in person don't live up to your expectations. Yvonne exceeded all of my expectations!! It was a pleasure, even if it was just for a moment in time.

My condolences to her family and friends. She will be missed.

As antman67 put it: "she IS the only Batgirl for me"
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Ordinarily, I wouldn't push for ME-TV to show any Season 3 episodes, but it would be nice if they showed Yvonne's best two episodes this week.

What the average person (away from this board anyway) might not know is what an incredible dancer she was, something she got to show off in some of her TV roles.
ZAP_POW

Post by ZAP_POW »

I will miss Mr. Craig , although I have never met her.

I live near here home town in Taylorville ,IL. , I would hope that they will recognize her importance and do something special to memorialize their famous citizen.

She will be missed by us all , RIP Yvonne.

Zap Pow
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:Sad news...and yet another person lost to a form of cancer. It appears that will never stop haunting humanity.

Fans of a certain age never like to think of it, but anyone growing up on 60s / 70s TV, music and movies have been hit with the same grim news repeatedly this year (such as Nimoy, Leslie Gore and Harve Bennet, among others), and considering their generation, one cannot help think that other performers might soon move to the next realm of existence--the bigger role.

However, if you appreciated Yvonne Craig as a person, or for any of her professional work, then keep doing that--as it keeps her energy here, if only in a small sense.

I think I will watch "Find Tara Chapman!" - her guest starring role in an early episode of The Mod Squad.
So true as put by Batwinged Hornet, Reality has a cold habit of evaporating our childhood dreams, schemes, and memories. In this case I find I am really saddened at the news to the point I actually had tears in my eyes reading the details. As much as I always wanted to, I never met Yvonne, and now never will (at least in this realm). My deepest condolences to her family, friends, and fellow fans who had the good fortune to meet her and, in some cases, become friends as well. The health ordeal she put up with and never letting it get the best of her right to the end... The character and courage that takes proves superheroes are not fiction and that they can be real. Yvonne Craig didn't merely portray Batgirl - SHE WAS BATGIRL!!!!

Rest well, Yvonne, and we'll all see you again one day. Same Bat-Time, Different Bat-World!
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
High C

Post by High C »

Sad news. Don't know what to say other than I am very shocked and saddened. Never met Yvonne but I know everyone here who did had terrific experiences because she was a wonderful person.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17