Can Anyone Identify this Batmoblie?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jimmy L. 66

Can Anyone Identify this Batmoblie?

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Greetings Citizens!
I ran in the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon this weekend and around mile 9 I found this sweet baby!
My first official pic with one of the stars of the show.
I stopped running and took about 50 pics and spoke to the owners briefly, they we busy talking to a lot of other folks.
This is what they told me, I have no reason not believe them.
Intel I was able to gather-
said they bought it about 10 years ago at auction for a lil over 100K
Not with Fiberglass freaks- so that rules out the #4
No added gadgets to front grill, nose is not wrinkled- not the #1
Doesn't match pics I can find of the #2, or #3..
what do you fine Gentlemen Think?
Attachments
20150906_083527.jpg
20150906_083030.jpg
20150906_082954.jpg
20150906_082855.jpg
20150906_082847.jpg
Jimmy L. 66

Re: Can Anyone Identify this Batmoblie?

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I forgot to mention they said it was screen used, one of the original copies of the first.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Congrats on getting pictures of your first Bat star, Batrunner! It was a challenge, but I found it for you. This is a replica that was originally built in 2012, sold on eBay, and reworked in 2013. I'm sorry to disappoint, but it was not used on the TV show. Only the #1 Futura converted Batmobile and the #4 dragster were used in the series.

Here's what I have for you:

it's an early DC kit (the sides of the fins, the grille slot openings, the beak is level with the nose at the hood leading edge, the v cut at the leading edge of the doors are)

with a few remaining PS attributes (the beacon cage details, beacon light, the size and mounting style of the tail light buckets, the arch side marker reflectors, and the detect-a-scope)

with lots of MT attributes (the seat buckets, the cable cutter blade, the roll top dashboard, the mounting of the front and rear windshields, the bat shaped side view mirrors, the bat shaped inside door handles, the bat turn lever, and the batbeam antenna grid)

and it has my rocket exhaust tube band (my inaccurate on purpose signature piece), LOL!
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Holy Guano!
that's a lot of info!
I was aware of the #1 & #4 being the only ones on the series, I was hoping for Legends. or maybe that toy store commercial.
it was still an awesome experience!
I have a some follow ups-
I assume that DC, PS, and MT are kit makers with their own signatures but what does that stand for?
thanks for your time and expertise!
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

You're welcome. I'm glad you had a great time with the car.

"Legends of the Superheroes" used the #1 Futura-converted car, while it was still flocked.
The Zayres commercial was an early MM replica.

I'd rather not get into names of other builders on a public board, but if you email me I will: mark.racop@fiberglassfreaks.com