Post by cammy85 »

7. Statue of Justice (Libra)
8. Jeweled Scorpion (Scorpio)
9. Basil Bowman (Sagittarius)
10. Palaremas Demnese (Pisces)
noman

Re: Joker Zodiac Crimes:

Post by noman »

11} Aquarius {"stealing" Gotham City water with Joker Strawberry axle greese{!}-making it undrinkable-but foiled by Batman
12) Goat-trying of make Batman the Goat-by tricking Venus to going to the Batcave-but its Joker and Penguin who end up "goats"

Thanks for Joker crimes 7-10! 8-) :)
cammy85

Post by cammy85 »

You're welcome! Sorry if I stepped on your toes at all!!
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

This is my favorite storyline in the whole series. I sincerely wish they'd release this arc on its own on a DVD. I think it'd sell to MANY who cannot afford the whole series, but wanted a piece of it. :)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Gernot wrote:This is my favorite storyline in the whole series. I sincerely wish they'd release this arc on its own on a DVD. I think it'd sell to MANY who cannot afford the whole series, but wanted a piece of it. :)
You can download those episodes via iTunes for $2.99 apiece.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Yeah, but I'd like a physical copy of the show, with pictures and such on the disc(s) and box. Downloading is nice, but it doesn't replace the hard copy. :)
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Gernot wrote:Yeah, but I'd like a physical copy of the show, with pictures and such on the disc(s) and box. Downloading is nice, but it doesn't replace the hard copy. :)
I'll go with that! I don't know if it's considered "old school", but I prefer having official discs and cases to downloads. I find downloads are so "lifeless" compared to the look and feel of an official release, and there's also extras and special features that are always missed so I always buy. If it's too expensive now it will always be on sale at some point.

Having said that, I understand the Zodiac Crimes was supposed to be the second Batman feature film, but for whatever reason, it became a three-part episode instead. I would definitely love to have a standalone DVD of this great storyline from season 2 where episodes and characters were either hit or miss. It would then be on the shelf next to the 1966 movie as a defacto second Adam West Batman film.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

That's how I'D have it, too, Yellow Oval! :)
dell

Post by dell »

Yellow Oval wrote:
Gernot wrote:Yeah, but I'd like a physical copy of the show, with pictures and such on the disc(s) and box. Downloading is nice, but it doesn't replace the hard copy. :)
I'll go with that! I don't know if it's considered "old school", but I prefer having official discs and cases to downloads. I find downloads are so "lifeless" compared to the look and feel of an official release, and there's also extras and special features that are always missed so I always buy. If it's too expensive now it will always be on sale at some point.
It is absolutely considered old school. I read somewhere that the reason you are seeing so much stuff released on DVD and Blu-ray right now is that our generation is the end of those that want physical copies of stuff. The "younger" generation prefer everything to be on the cloud.
dell
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

It's hard for me to imagine that it was planned as a feature film. The production values are so terrible. I'm not a gigantic fan of Batman: The Movie (not since I saw it on the afternoon movie when I was seven anyway), but it at least it got something on the screen. It looked great! It didn't look like just another Batman episode. By comparison "Zodiac" looks flimsy & cheap. 2nd season flimsy & cheap. It had a few nice scenes, but was weighted down with junk like the guy singing, "Stout hearted men" during the fight scene! Who's paying good money for that? And Adam's Batman was not forceful here. The romance with over-acting Terry Moore was embarrassingly bad and made Batman look silly. The Batcave fight was good, but not incredible. The one in "Monkey's Uncle" was better! I liked the clam! But really, a feature film? I don't see it.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Dell,
I hate to say it, but I think that You are right! If one looks at things like "Tiny House Nation" and such, One can see why the next generation would prefer less physical stuff. There is just not enough space or money for these things. It has been said that Our children's and grandchildren's standard of living is and will be less than ours. Pretty Grim, isn't it. I'd also like to see the "Zodiac Crimes" released separately....that and a really good Bat Girl episode besides the Bat Girl Pilot.

Cheers,
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I certainly am not the younger generation, but I've embraced the cloud completely. I love having much of my DVD collection with me wherever I go-- and I can still access everything via my TV if I want to watch it old school.

This is the first I've heard of Zodiac being a potential film, my understanding was Dozier was in talks with Toho for a Batman Vs Godzilla film and with the declining ratings after the first season ended that idea was scrapped.

As for this thread, I don't mean to sound rude but I kind of feel like I'm missing the opening thought, is this supposed to be a list of The Joker's Zodiac Crimes? Is there a point to this? I've not seen the episodes in some time but are these the ones he actually did, or ones that he could have done or what?

How about some information as to what the thread is about?
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Progress Pigment wrote:It's hard for me to imagine that it was planned as a feature film. The production values are so terrible. I'm not a gigantic fan of Batman: The Movie (not since I saw it on the afternoon movie when I was seven anyway), but it at least it got something on the screen. It looked great! It didn't look like just another Batman episode. By comparison "Zodiac" looks flimsy & cheap. 2nd season flimsy & cheap. It had a few nice scenes, but was weighted down with junk like the guy singing, "Stout hearted men" during the fight scene! Who's paying good money for that? And Adam's Batman was not forceful here. The romance with over-acting Terry Moore was embarrassingly bad and made Batman look silly. The Batcave fight was good, but not incredible. The one in "Monkey's Uncle" was better! I liked the clam! But really, a feature film? I don't see it.

Progress Pigment, I believe what we saw on TV is pretty much different from what we would have gotten in a film. I think we'd have seen the Bat-boat, Bat-copter, and other "toys" out there, and several things would have been omitted (Venus' crush on Batman, Stout Hearted Men). I also believe Penguin would have been in the movie more.

I firmly believe the production values WOULD have been higher in a movie. Now, I may be COMPLETELY off-base, but I have faith they would have made a film even better than the three-parter. :)
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Stryker wrote:Hi Dell,
I hate to say it, but I think that You are right! If one looks at things like "Tiny House Nation" and such, One can see why the next generation would prefer less physical stuff. There is just not enough space or money for these things. It has been said that Our children's and grandchildren's standard of living is and will be less than ours. Pretty Grim, isn't it. I'd also like to see the "Zodiac Crimes" released separately....that and a really good Bat Girl episode besides the Bat Girl Pilot.

Cheers,
After seeing it tonight, I would REALLY like to see the Green Hornet two-parter released separately, too! :mrgreen: