You know you're too much of a Batman 66 fan when...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gernot

Re: You know you're too much of a Batman 66 fan when...

Post by Gernot »

clavierankh wrote:When I say "Atomic Batteries To Power,Turbines To Speed' my wife says "Roger, Ready To Move Out". She's not even a Batman 66 fan, I've just got her trained.
I once had this on my Facebook page as a status or something, and my wife got upset thinking I was actually ready to move out! Took me DAYS to get her calmed down!
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I'm thinking back to my days at Royle Elementary School in Darien, CT which had a large wooden play structure with two Fire(Bat)-Poles that led to an empty under-area (a Batcave) I lost count of the times I held my head up and uttered those classic words....
"To the Bat-Poles!"
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

When I'm at Baker's Square looking at the almond topped banana cream pies in the display case, thinking "Whipped sleeping cream and nuts!" :lol: (I've been in more than a few pie fights but I haven't gotten to use that phrase yet!)
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

I have always been intrigued how Batman and Robin always ran to wherever they wanted to go instead of walking. They run out of Commission Gordon's office. They run to the Batmobile after sliding down the Batpoles. They run into buildings all the time.

I catch myself doing it as well. I park my car at Walmart or Target and I get out of my car and run to the store or I run to the shopping cart. I park my car in the driveway of my home and I have to race into the house.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
Dynamic Duo

Post by Dynamic Duo »

Wow...that line is firmly engrained in our collective medula's....and so was the Barris creation! Rest his soul.....
"Atomic batteries to power...Turbines to speed...."
"Roger...ready to move out!"
#1 Riddler Fan

Post by #1 Riddler Fan »

When you answer your phone "Yes Commissioner?". :D
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

With Caller ID, I actually DO that a lotta the time now. My friends get a chuckle out of it. :)
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

When you instantly recognize this!
Attachments
bat logo.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

To the Batmobile and to the Batcave come readily to mind! Holy xxxxx, Batman is a favorite, usually a punny situation. Of course, "riddle me this Batman" is anothe favorite.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
High C

Post by High C »

Resurrecting this one...

You eagerly bought tickets to the Broadway show Hamilton only to be sorely disappointed.

Similarly, you finally found the short-lived TV series O'Hara, United States Treasury on DVD only to discover it was not a spinoff.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I was at a cookout yesterday with my wife's family who live quite far away so we seldom see them. During the conversation one of them asks one of my sons how he liked THE BATMAN and he explains why he really disliked it, citing Catwoman's character and why Batman would be with her. On of the older members of their family chimed in "That turned away a lot of fans of the 60s Batman, when he started kissing Catwoman-- what was he thinking? She was a bad guy!" -- I had to bite my lip and get up and start stuffing hamburgers down my throat so I wouldn't argue that Adam West NEVER kissed Catwoman, they might have shared a soda, sure, they might have even stood a little close, but the idea of the West Batman kissing ANYONE is false. I just didn't want to be THAT guy going "Well, actually...."
dell

Post by dell »

Miss Kitka kisses Bruce in the movie. Bruce, not Batman, and Miss Kitka not Catwoman, but pretty darn close.
dell
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Stepping into an elevator and saying "Up, up, up" when finding your floor to push or counting down while bracing yourself in the corner 5,"4,3,2,1".