Who would YOU use to replace Y.C. for a remake of the 1966 Batman series?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Larry A.

Re: Who would YOU use to replace Y.G. for a remake of the 1966 Batman series?

Post by Larry A. »

Sounds Good to me.
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Also,her Skin Diving Henchwomen could be named Sea Fox and Sea Nymph.How about Justin Bieber as Robin?How about Mark Hammell as The Joker?Jim Carrey as The Riddler?Danny DeVito as The Penguin?I realize that these three actors were in the Batman movies,but maybe they could cut it in a remake of the 1966 Batman TV Series.By the way,The Sea Witch could also have Skin Diving Henchmen to fight The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.Also,I would go back to the cliffhanging two part episodes for Batman.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I just p.m.ed You and I agree, except that Danny would have to cut out the gross factor from the movie, if He even wanted to do the show. I know Mark a little and asked Him that ? a couple of years ago and He WOULD like to live action the role IF anyu one does a T.V. show. I would agree w/ the hench men's names. Justin Bieber? Interesting idea, that. I think that He MAY be a bit old for the role, but what the hey....give old Justin a Screen test! What could it hurt? :D :D :D :D .
Larry
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Larry A. wrote:Kevin Conroy would be AWESOME! GREAT suggestion, Elmr!!!!!
I also like Your idea about the Sea Witch being a skin Diving Villainess! If She were that, She would certainly be the Queen of the Under (water) world of Gotham City. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I need to google Kevin Conroy and see what sort of shape he is in

Cheers, Elmr.
I think I may have coined the online phrase, "Kevin Conroy, the most over-rater person in all of Batman fandom." :) No actual disrespect meant. He's certainly the Olan Soule of our generation.

As he did a nice professional voice of Batman (Batman: the CARTOON series) for about as long as Soule, and was nearly as talented. But as far as Conroy's tenure, I thought Peter Weller, Diedrich Bader, and yes, ADAM WEST (!!) did a much better voice-over job. And below is a pic of Conroy. Yeah certainly he is physically the perfect incarnation of our caped crusader. But I get more of a Soule (or maybe a crypt keeper?) vibe than a West. Yeah Conroy, it's important to moisturize. A bowtie might help.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent points.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

VERY excellent points!!!! Now that You've joined us, Pigment, Who would You recommend for Batman? I'd love to see Chris O' Donell, BUT, besides doing "NCIS:LA", I seriously doubt He would be willing a T.V. remake.
Welcome to the discussion
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

For a YOUNGER Black Widow,I would recommend Megan Fox.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Interesting, Very interesting. BTW, has anyone one considered the Young woman ( whose name currently escapes me...Senior moment) who played Babs Gordon/Bat Girl in the "Birds of Prey" T.V.series?
Larry
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about a new Batman Villainess for a Batman remake.Her name would be The Magician.Like Zelda The Great,she could base her crimes in Gotham City on magic and illusion,only The Magician would be more EVIL,sexy,and wily.Also cunning.I would suggest Jennifer Lopez to play her.The Magician would be a formidable foe for The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Or Jennifer Lopez as The Black Widow,and Jennifer Anniston as The Magician.Or maybe Angela Jolie as The Magician.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Another idea for a Batman Villain:how about a male Skin Diving Villain called The Sea Tiger.Like The Sea Witch,he could wear a round underwater mask,along with swim fins and a weight belt.On occasion,The Sea Tiger could team up with The Sea Witch against The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.Denzel Washington could play The Sea Tiger.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

The only problem that I see with The Magician is that She is too close to a D.C. Super-heroine, Zatanna. How about Angela Jolie as the "Sea Witch"? Not THAT could be intriguing!!!!!!!!
Larry
Bill S.C.

Post by Bill S.C. »

As for casting - Just for fun:

Batman - Jim Caviezel
Robin - Michael Angarano
Alfred - John Nolan
Batgirl - Kacy Catanzaro (from American Ninja - if she can act) otherwise - Samantha Harris
Commission Gordon - Adam West
Chief O'Hara - Burt Ward
Aunt Harriett - Catherine O'Hara
"Oh soon we'll be out amid the cold world's strife. Soon we'll be sliding down the razor blade of life." - Tom Lehrer
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Angelia Jolie would also be an excellent choice as The Sea Witch.Excellent casting choices.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks Bill S.C.,
I hadn't considered those. I'll have to look up the 3 actresses You suggested. Adam West and Burt Ward as Gordon and O'Hara....priceless!!!!
Hey Elmr, Glad to see You like Angelina as the Sea Witch! Maybe just for grins and giggles, Brad Pitt as the Sea Tigre ( notice the Spanish spelling....give Brad a thick Antonio Banderas accent :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do You think?

Cheers
Larry