Who would YOU use to replace Y.C. for a remake of the 1966 Batman series?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

elmrgraham

Re: Who would YOU use to replace Y.G. for a remake of the 1966 Batman series?

Post by elmrgraham »

Kevin would make a better Joker.As I said before,my past choices for the Batman Villainesses remain the same.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It's all good by me, Elmer!!!!

Cheers and Happiness,
Larry
The Revolving Wall

Post by The Revolving Wall »

I'm sorry but I don't understand...who is "Y.G."?
What's on Barbara's mind, Charlie? Is she about to go into action as that domino dare-doll, Batgirl?
Even luckier for us, she's Batgirl, the supremely feminine scourge of all that is criminal!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Howdy,
Y.G. should have been Y.C. ......Yvonne Craig. My type, sorry for the confusion!

Cheers
Larry
Quarhog

Re: Who would YOU use to replace Y.C. for a remake of the 1966 Batman series?

Post by Quarhog »

Amy Adams for Batgirl (yes I know she's 41, but Kate Beckinsale is 42, and she's just slipped into Selene's catsuit for the fifth time); Kirsten Dunst for Robin!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent choices.
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

elmrgraham wrote:Excellent choices.
Thank you!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

You are welcome.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Excellent Choices indeed, Quarhog!!!! As for Amy being 41, Yvonne was in Her late 30's when She did BG. Besides, Women in the 2000's are able to retain their youthful looks a LOT longer.
My favorite for B.G. is Selna Gomez. Kirsten Dunst as the "Spoiler/Robin" is an idea I hadn't thought of; BUT.....I LIKE IT A LOT!!!!!!!! I realize that Stephanie/ Spoiler/ Robin wasn't even created then (66), but I think that not everything can be in the 2000s as it was in 1966.

Well Done, Quarhog, VERY Well Done,......and of course,

Cheers
Larry
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

Quarhog wrote:Amy Adams for Batgirl (yes I know she's 41, but Kate Beckinsale is 42, and she's just slipped into Selene's catsuit for the fifth time); Kirsten Dunst for Robin!
Amy Adams is great, and she comes off a lot younger than she is. In Night At The Museum, she looks about 25.
/|\=^..^=/|\
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Larry A. wrote:Excellent Choices indeed, Quarhog!!!! As for Amy being 41, Yvonne was in Her late 30's when She did BG.
You might be thinking of Adam, who was roughly 37 when he began playing Batman. According to her wiki Yvonne Craig was born in 1937. I suppose that would have made her 31 in 1968. A bit too old I guess, but she was still fairly girlish for 31. Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman is 30, which is about perfect. I really can't see women in their 40's, approaching middle age, playing a character with girl in the title! And consider by the time of the sequel Amy Adams might be 45! Chloë Grace Moretz could do it.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

I didn't actually think that Ms Adams would be in serious contention for the part - just daydreaming out loud! - she's too in demand for 'serious' parts these days'. If I could have any actress I wanted, dead or alive, as a female Robin, I would unhesitatingly plump for the late Janet Munro (1934-1972). Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out which button to press or I'd post a picture of her...

As for Catwoman... where do I start! Two actresses now in their late sixties who would have made terrific Catwomen twenty-five years ago are Susan Sarandon and Zoe Wanamaker... and Sandra Bernhard as The Riddler!!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks, P.P.,
I hadn't even thought of, let alone about Chloe Grace Moritz!!!! She WOULD be a VERY Good Bat Girl!

I hate to admit to this, but I intensely dislike Sara B :!: :!: :!: I just don't care for Her sense of Comedy and when I've seen Her interviews, She just doesn't do anything for me :!: :!: :!:
Larry
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Quarhog wrote:If I could have any actress I wanted, dead or alive, as a female Robin, I would unhesitatingly plump for the late Janet Munro (1934-1972). Unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out which button to press or I'd post a picture of her...
Wow. Lot's of pics online. She was something! She resembles June Lockhart a little. I guess I've only ever seen her on Darby O'Gill & The Little People, and really didn't take notice. Such a shame she passed so young.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AGREED, P.P.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, it has been said that the good die young. I DO see the resemblance to June Lockhart, ( Who was (is) a sweetheart to Her Fans as is Her daughter Anne)!!!!!! Thanks for the picture, P.P. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Larry