Photos of Bat Girl costume for projected 1940's Bat Man Movie serial

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Larry A.

Re: Photos of Bat Girl costume for projected 1940's Bat Man Movie serial

Post by Larry A. »

Thanks, Andy, BTW, my favorites in that series were " The Creature from the Black Lagoon" and "Dracula" and last, but definitely not least, "The Phantom of the Opera".
I have to wonder; How much better the serial might have been had it had been The Joker as the villain?

Thanks again Andy,
Larry
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 pmHere is the link to the BATMAN 1943 Movie Serial Script-- It's Chapters 1-7, I thought at one point I had the other half, but my memory is faulty-- as is, it's 240 pages long!
Thank you so much for posting this!
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm There is sadly not much known about the serials, I have some stories and some behind the scenes information, I'm trying to compile to see if there is enough for a book with McFarland press. I'll post what I have on my blog which is accessible off my website www.andytfish.com in the next few days.
Well, limited information or not, I appreciate the behind the scenes info you provide on the '43 serial.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Same here, Andy!

Cheers,
Larry
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

AndyFish wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:23 am A discussion of the '43 Batman is relevant to the '66 Batman in that there was a direct line of inspiration from the first to the second. The Cliffhanger aspect, the camp, it's all there in the original serial. Even the screentest costume resembles the Lew Wilson costume.
I personally think we should have a section devoted to the serial here on the ol' boards, but I'm biased.
What's keeping that from happening, Andy?
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Keith Mayo wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm
AndyFish wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:23 am A discussion of the '43 Batman is relevant to the '66 Batman in that there was a direct line of inspiration from the first to the second. The Cliffhanger aspect, the camp, it's all there in the original serial. Even the screentest costume resembles the Lew Wilson costume.
I personally think we should have a section devoted to the serial here on the ol' boards, but I'm biased.
I agree Andy. And include the 49 serial as well. And while we're at it, a Batmusic section so my poor thread doesn't keep getting buried. ;)
Music. BAT! Music.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Me.
I've subdivided as far as I'm going to go. Fanfic, music, serials, costume pieces, cosplay,vintage toys,batman in other media and the like have their place in their respective sections.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Scott Sebring wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:08 am
Me.
I've subdivided as far as I'm going to go. Fanfic, music, serials, costume pieces, cosplay,vintage toys,batman in other media and the like have their place in their respective sections.
Ha-- there you go Keith! This isn't my playhouse, I just come by and and eat the Fritos. I think Scott and Ben already do enough work around here so I can understand not wanting to add more.
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

Well, at least. I got a logical answer..😁
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:36 pm I've seen Naish in several movies, and I'm pretty sure he always had a moustache-- so it could have been a Cesar thing here too-- although I doubt he had the same clout to refuse.

There is sadly not much known about the serials, I have some stories and some behind the scenes information, I'm trying to compile to see if there is enough for a book with McFarland press. I'll post what I have on my blog which is accessible off my website www.andytfish.com in the next few days.
House of Frankenstein is a rare exception for the Naish-stache.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
nas690

Post by nas690 »

If Republic ever did a Batman serial, it would need to have Kane Richmond as Bat-Man and Mickey Khun (Junior Tracy in Dick Tracy: Detective) as Robin.
nas690

Post by nas690 »

Maybe you’re thinking about the Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin film, Artists and Models’ Bat-Lady.
C8B852B2-AD75-4181-9FF1-660360F664C7.jpeg
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

No, I wasn't, but it IS an interesting take. Thanks for the photo. Cheers!
Larry