Big Bat Theory

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfanman

Big Bat Theory

Post by Batfanman »

Found this online but just had to revise the punchline :)
Attachments
Batman Mistletoe - Big Bat Theory.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
elmrgraham

Re: Big Bat Theory

Post by elmrgraham »

LOL.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I like it!
dell

Post by dell »

Now that you mention it, I've never seen Sheldon and Batman together. Hmmm....
dell
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

:lol:

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Bat-Brony92

Post by Bat-Brony92 »

LOL! holy batzinga, that's funny!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I've got an enlarged one of those hanging up in my Living Room. I found it on the internet, but mine says, "The reason Batman is no fun at office Christmas parties" I like my version better considering I LOATHE TBBT!
Larry
dell

Post by dell »

Larry A. wrote:I like my version better considering I LOATHE TBBT!
:shock:
dell
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

All I can say Dell is please don't get me started as I've known FAR too many people like that character in Fandom. Thank Heavens, there is no one I've read on this board who is like that! I like everyone here! :D :D :D

Cheers,
Larry
dell

Post by dell »

Larry A. wrote:All I can say Dell is please don't get me started as I've known FAR too many people like that character in Fandom. Thank Heavens, there is no one I've read on this board who is like that! I like everyone here! :D :D :D

Cheers,
I understand now. There are shows I can't watch too because they hit too close to home.
dell
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Trust me Dell, I like almost everyone else on the show, but him. My life at 62 is so far different, I can't believe it. :D A long number of years ago......now that WAS a different matter. Back in the day, I WAS a SF GEEK,Trek GEEK ( Originall Trekkie and DARNED Proud of it BTW). :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just NEVER, EVER treated others in his manner.
I wish I could watch the BBT, but w/o him!!!

Cheers and Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Blessed Solstice and Happy New Year to You and Yours!
Larry
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

There was the one episode where Sheldon indicated that one of the ways he attempted to fall asleep was to count, in lieu of sheep, actresses that had played Catwoman. :lol:
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

Huge fan of the show, watch it regularly, probably five or six episodes a week, seen them all a hundred times over. I get where people find Sheldon annoying, as do his friends in the show. If you watched it enough, aside from him occasionally getting his comeuppance, you see that he cares deeply for his friends.

They're all nerds and the show goes to great lengths behind the scenes to make certain the science is factual. They do the same with the characters' pop-culture nerdiness. They employ several fact-checkers for the various disciplines. As a nerd myself, it's always fun to catch the subtleties that might otherwise be missed by non-nerds.

One of the very best parts of Sheldon, for me, is what a huge Batman nerd he is. He's regularly wearing Batman shirts ( a few of which I have myself) and you can often see Batman stuff in his apartment in the background. Impossible to post every mention he makes of them because they are numerous, to say the least.

A few screen grabs;

This is an episode where he was trying to start his own comic-con. He was calling people to see if they would be special guests. The funny part was you come into the scene at this point and see on his whiteboard all the people he's talked to so far and that they've all turned him down. Including Adam West.

His action figure even has him wearing the Batman shirt he wears on the show occasionally.

He's also a stickler for Batman being represented correctly. In another episode he mentions his Mortal Enemies List and Joel Schumacher is on it "...for nearly destroying the Batman franchise".

Last but not least; Julie Newmar is his all-time favorite Catwoman. ;-)
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

Thanks for sharing that. I sent it to several friends, including some who aren't even Bat-fans, and it got a good laugh.
TP-6597

Post by TP-6597 »

For the non-believers, if you care to give it another chance. ;-)

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news/bi ... 35033.html

I record all the episodes, so my DVR is already set.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”