Is MeTV gonna celebrate the 50th anniversary?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bathound

Is MeTV gonna celebrate the 50th anniversary?

Post by bathound »

Anyone know if MeTV is gonna do anything for the '66 Batman 50th? I haven't seen a marathon or even a promo ad acknowledging the 50th anniversary. MeTV did promos and ads for Lost In Space and Hogans Heroes last September for their 50th. One would think they would have something special for Batman.
NJ_Batfan

Re: Is MeTV gonna celebrate the 50th anniversary?

Post by NJ_Batfan »

They missed the boat on showing the premiere 50 years to the day, but it did not escape their notice. Here's the promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUNYpZ6lo8

There is word that The Incredible Hulk will take over Batman's hour on February 13, with Batman moving a half hour earlier to take over half of Superman's hour.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

NJ_Batfan wrote:They missed the boat on showing the premiere 50 years to the day, but it did not escape their notice. Here's the promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUNYpZ6lo8

There is word that The Incredible Hulk will take over Batman's hour on February 13, with Batman moving a half hour earlier to take over half of Superman's hour.
The current run has six episodes left to run for S3. If that's the date, I hope they just skip the last two abysmal episodes and start with Part One of the pilot.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I don't think they are doing anything for the 50th.
I heard Hulk was going to be on weekdays but it would make sense to fit it in their successful Saturday night Sci Fi lineup. Can't imagine they'd start an hour long show on the half hour but who knows?
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

I love the Saturday night line up. Batman, then Lynda Carter as WW. Works for me! :)
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Changes next weekend a bit-- 1 episode of Superman, then 1 episode of Batman, The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, Star Trek and Sven.
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Does MeTV still use the old masters when showing them on their channel or did they show to new remastered versions? I no longer get MeTV but have the blurays and was just wondering. The reason I ask is I checked out that promo that was linked in this thread & it seemed like the clips were pretty good compared to what I remember them looking like in the past.
Riddler 66

Post by Riddler 66 »

I don't think they are doing the remasters, as they are with Star Trek. There are also edits and "speed-ups" to fit all their commercials and promos in. You mostly notice the sped-ups when the music is playing, especially on the credits. On last week,the third season Shame, I am pretty sure they cut Jerry Mathers scene.(The Star Treks are frequently cut as well.)
The trigger: one of my riddles!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Riddler 66 wrote:On last week,the third season Shame, I am pretty sure they cut Jerry Mathers scene.(The Star Treks are frequently cut as well.
No, the Mathers scene was definitely in last week's show.
Jesusismysuperhero

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

I wish they would do something for the 50th anniversary... It's kind of ironic how the year they cut back on the number of Batman episodes they are showing is the year of the 50th anniversary...
irishmiss

Post by irishmiss »

I;m sure by now that most of NE TV viewers have realized that the new Prgrammer has cut our Caped Crusader to only 1/2 hour on Saturday so they could make room for The Incredible Hulk !!! YUCK !!!

I sent a e-mail to ME TV tonight and voiced my disapproval of how the Prgrammer has treated our Batman espcially during this being the 50th Anniversary !!! Maybe if all of us would voice our disapproval, maybe Batman could be restored to its full hour on Saturday night.

Kathy
aka irishmiss

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

ME-TV has to rotate their shows to keep it fresh. Batman has been played to death since the start of the Sci-Fi Saturday programming block.

Besides, the series is available for purchase, so watching washed out, badly edited versions is not the best way to watch the series.
Beneath Wayne Manor