Julie's Costume

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gothamite

Julie's Costume

Post by Gothamite »

Julie Newmar said that she made the cat-suit herself but is she talking about the one from CW 1 or about the other one ? :?:
dell

Re: Julie's Costume

Post by dell »

Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of credence behind comments like this. I am not saying that she didn't make the costume, but I have seen several comments from people who have been on the show that weren't exactly accurate. I would think that she had specific ideas on how the costume looked and fit, but I would be surprised if she actually made it. Given that nearly 50 years have passed since the show was on the air I can't blame people for getting a few facts mixed up. I mean, this was a job for them. Do you remember specific details about what you did at work even a year ago?
dell
Bob

Post by Bob »

She did her own make-up too...but thats how she tells the story :D
Gothamite

Post by Gothamite »

Bob wrote:She did her own make-up too
I think this can be more possible.

But another question is why the cat-suit from CW 1 is so slack if compared to the other ?
High C

Post by High C »

dell wrote:Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of credence behind comments like this. I am not saying that she didn't make the costume, but I have seen several comments from people who have been on the show that weren't exactly accurate. I would think that she had specific ideas on how the costume looked and fit, but I would be surprised if she actually made it. Given that nearly 50 years have passed since the show was on the air I can't blame people for getting a few facts mixed up. I mean, this was a job for them. Do you remember specific details about what you did at work even a year ago?
Great points. For instance, I saw an interview with Joan Collins, probably done within the last 3-4 years, in which she said her costume on the show was white. She did correctly recall it as being a 'Greek goddess' outfit, but obviously was mistaken about the color, as my avatar shows.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17