Adam West on 200th episode of Big Bang Theory

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Ben Bentley

Re: Adam West on 200th episode of Big Bang Theory

Post by Ben Bentley »

I just got around to watching this episode last night. Keeping in mind this show has a run time of 19mins per episode and dialogue has to be distributed between five or more "main" series players, plus two guest stars, I was pretty pleased with what they managed to do with Adam.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

dell wrote:Hey Aussie Batfan, when do you get the new episodes of BBT?

By the way, my wife and I had a great time down there in OZ, or up there if you use this map. :lol:
Hi Dell,
Apologies for the late reply.
We are currently seeing Season 9, which I think beagin airing in the US last September. Last week's episode had the baby announcement, so I don't think we're too far away from Adam's appearance.
BTW - LOVE the Down Under map!! :lol:
Take care,
Terry
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

Mike Mulitsch wrote:Leonard: We were on our way to the Chinese restaurant when we thought we saw Adam West, so we followed him.

Penny: Who’s Adam West?

Sheldon: Who’s Adam West? Leonard, what do the two of you talk about after the coitus?

Howard: My guess is, “Hey, four minutes! New record!” That’s why I’m the funny one.

Leonard: Anyway, we followed the guy to this garage sale, and they had the coolest stuff.

Howard: They were closing up. We got this whole box for sixty bucks.

Leonard: We didn’t even get to go through it all. There could be anything in here.

Penny: There a new girlfriend in there? ‘Cause you might need one.

Leonard: No. But there is an original final draft Ghostbusters script with actual slime stains! (Raj whispers to Leonard) Oh, you’re right, it’s Ghostbusters 2. Never mind.

Howard: Oh, my God. An Alf doll. When I was 11 my mother got me one to help me sleep after my dad left. I used to pretend that my dad had moved to the planet Melmac, and Alf was going to bring him back to me. But he never did. Where’s my daddy, puppet? Where is he?

Penny: That is so sad.

Sheldon: No, what’s sad is that you don’t know Adam West was TV’s Batman.

Credits sequence
which episode of the big bang theory is this i am trying to rack my brains to find out what season it's from i'm thinking season 2
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

It's from the episode where the guys got a "box full of stuff" and inside there was a ring that they thought was from the Lord Of The Rings triology. They all wanted it so they decided to have a contest and that the last one holding it would get to keep it. I am not sure what season it was though.
Batman42

Post by Batman42 »

I think I know what episode it is it's the precious one from season 3
Andrew
PS I'll double check
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

#17 "The Precious Fragmentation" from Season 3.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Alert for any Aussies on the Board:
Just seen the ad on TV - Adam's episode airs in Australia on Tuesday night on Ch 9.
Wow - we're not that far behind the US after all!! :o
Take care,
Terry
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Okay - just aired in Australia.
Like quite a few others, I watched with big expectations, and finished with mixed feelings.
Thought Adam's best scene was in the car discussing the Batman actors.
From then on for the rest of the episode he was severely underused.
I didn't at all like the numerous long shots with him just sitting on the couch on his own, with no lines to say.
Anyway, a joy to see him in prime time TV again. Just wished he had more to do.
Terry
Jesusismysuperhero

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

Mike Mulitsch wrote:Leonard: We were on our way to the Chinese restaurant when we thought we saw Adam West, so we followed him.

Penny: Who’s Adam West?

Sheldon: Who’s Adam West? Leonard, what do the two of you talk about after the coitus?

Howard: My guess is, “Hey, four minutes! New record!” That’s why I’m the funny one.

Leonard: Anyway, we followed the guy to this garage sale, and they had the coolest stuff.

Howard: They were closing up. We got this whole box for sixty bucks.

Leonard: We didn’t even get to go through it all. There could be anything in here.

Penny: There a new girlfriend in there? ‘Cause you might need one.

Leonard: No. But there is an original final draft Ghostbusters script with actual slime stains! (Raj whispers to Leonard) Oh, you’re right, it’s Ghostbusters 2. Never mind.

Howard: Oh, my God. An Alf doll. When I was 11 my mother got me one to help me sleep after my dad left. I used to pretend that my dad had moved to the planet Melmac, and Alf was going to bring him back to me. But he never did. Where’s my daddy, puppet? Where is he?

Penny: That is so sad.

Sheldon: No, what’s sad is that you don’t know Adam West was TV’s Batman.

Credits sequence
Preach it Sheldon! This scene was my favorite part of the whole episode!
Phil B

Post by Phil B »

Aussie Batfan wrote:Okay - just aired in Australia.
Like quite a few others, I watched with big expectations, and finished with mixed feelings.
Thought Adam's best scene was in the car discussing the Batman actors.
From then on for the rest of the episode he was severely underused.
I didn't at all like the numerous long shots with him just sitting on the couch on his own, with no lines to say.
Anyway, a joy to see him in prime time TV again. Just wished he had more to do.
Terry
Just caught the episode myself and whole heartedly agree with the comments. I also agree that Sheldon's reaction to seeing Adam West was uncharacteristically portrayed. In my humble opinion.
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Thanks Phil for your concurrence...
Terry
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Bat-Tiger wrote:I just lost some respect for Adam West.

Nothing against him, but I just hate this show so much.
I'm sure he's done worse in his career , after all I saw "Doin time on planet Earth" :lol:
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

It felt to me that the inclusion of Steven Hawking was a perhaps a last minute script change that resulted in the dilution of Adam's appearance as he was the big hype for that episode.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Doubtful. Hawking, who Sheldon considers his only peer, was almost certainly a must have from the beginning. The problem with West's participation was that this was a "special" 200th episode. They threw in everything but the kitchen sink. In an average mid-season episode West's appearance would have been huge. In a past episode the group mentioned they got lost once because they were following a guy who kind of looked like Adam West. :)

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/big-bang-t ... nce-232857
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!