ADAMS t,v appearances??

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

ADAMS t,v appearances??

Post by chetchumley »

Being a huge ADAM WEST BATMAN fan the 70s were a very low time...as far as him appearing in movies,,,t,v shows etc,,,i was always scouring the t,v, guide for him to appear...on a show...or whatever...were any other board members doing the same ??? who can forget his role in burt reynolds HOOPER,,1978...probably his biggest & best thru the 70s???
Mark Racop

Re: ADAMS t,v appearances??

Post by Mark Racop »

Absolutely. I was thrilled to see him in "The Big Valley," "Mannix," "Emergency," "Shazam," "Alice," "Policewoman," and "Operation: Petticoat."
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

One pre-Batman role came in January 1961, when he played a cold-blooded killer on Bonanza who wanted to steal the Ponderosa from Ben Cartwright. :o
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Adaam appeared in two episodes of Perry Mason. The Case of the Barefaced Witness and The Case of the Bogus Books. In Bogus Books he sang.
hisyouthfulward

Post by hisyouthfulward »

I remember his turn as Dr. Jekyll in a short vignette on "Night Gallery".
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

hisyouthfulward wrote:I remember his turn as Dr. Jekyll in a short vignette on "Night Gallery".
That's season two's "With Apologies to Mr. Hyde," where Jekyll's hunchbacked assistant (Night Gallery producer Jack Laird) puts so much vermouth in Jekyll's drink that he's transformed into Hyde, then berates the assistant for the mistake. Not a high point for the series, or Adam.
Beneath Wayne Manor
WaltP

Post by WaltP »

When I heard TV was showing "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" starring Adam in the late 60's I was excited. I ended up liking the movie a lot but was disappointed the "star" was only in the movie for 5 minutes.

Then discovered much later that the real stars (Lundin and Mantee) were both henchmen in Batman -- and that "Crusoe" predated Batman by a couple years.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i also remember waiting to see ROBINSON CRUSOE OF MARS :? ,,,and being disappointed adam was only a small role....at least in THE OUTLAWS ARE COMING...he had a very large role..opposite the 3 STOOGES. remember watching these in the early 70 s!!!
zippgun

Post by zippgun »

Adam's most significant TV exposure prior to "Batman" must have been in the series "The Detectives starring Robert Taylor" (1959 - 1962). When this show was expanded to an hour for the 3rd and final season (1961 - 62), Adam West was cast as Sgt Steve Nelson (partnered by Sgt Chris Ballard, played by Mark Goddard, later Major Don West of "Lost in Space").

A lot of the series has been re-shown recently in my country. It's a down the line cop show, with the usual fine production values of 4 Star, one of the best of the companies supplying the networks with filmed drama and comedy series (they later made "The Big Valley", in which Adam West would guest star).
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Adam did a "Love American Style" with George "Goober" Lindsey in which he played himself and was obviously having a great time. I think this sort of Cary Grant type light romantic comedy was what Adam thought best suited him and envisioned would propel him to film stardom. And it might have if that sort of thing
hadn't gone out of favor after the 1960's ended.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My1foEbmOs4[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!