If Julie had been in season3

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Quarhog

Re: If Julie had been in season3

Post by Quarhog »

robinboyblunderer wrote:On the one hand, it's more Julie Newmar as Catwoman! On the other hand, it's the 3rd season...

Still, even if she had only been in for Kitt (who did a good job, not easy following up Newmar!) it would've been good.

As others mentioned, a return to the more evil, teasing and sinister Catwoman of Season One would've been good. If she ever rehabilitated it could've been in the last episode (had they done one). I would've liked to have seen more Robin interacting with Julie Newmar's Catwoman, too. It's a different energy as she both easily intimidates Robin and towers over him.

But I don't think much, not even Julie as Catwoman could've saved the 3rd season, largely as written.

cheers
It would have been fun to have seen Newmar viewing Batman as the tiresome obstacle and instead licking her lips and mussing Robin's hair while grooming HIM as a potential toyboy...
K.G. Bird

Re: If Julie had been in season3

Post by K.G. Bird »

Interesting. Not to take anything away from Earthy Kitt but Julie is well...Julie. Even as a very young child I found her stimulating.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".