Newcomer

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jesusismysuperhero

Re: Newcomer

Post by Jesusismysuperhero »

Thank you to everyone who has welcomed me! I feel honored to have received such a warm welcome into this community!
Also, thank you to everyone who has stressed the importance of my schoolwork. It sounds like something Batman would say... haha.
I will do my best to study hard and make school a priority over online distractions!
Jesusismysuperhero

Progress Pigment wrote:I see what you mean. I googled a little, but good pics of Dick Grayson seem a lot harder to find than Bruce Wayne.

THANK YOU! Those pictures are GREAT! They are such good quality and they are beautiful... For all the searching I did, I didn't see those, and I couldn't find anything even half as good... So thank you so much! <3
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

If it is any help, I went back to college in my early 30's, and I was married, working, and had 2 small children, Tina. Yes it was to juggle everything, but I made the "President's" and "Dean's Lists. What I am getting at, Tina, is that You CAN equal or even BEAT what "Dick Grayson" did in school and college. Remember that the character had a great advantage over You and I: He was learning from Bruce both as Bruce with private Tutors and as Batman. If I can do it, and I am of average intelligence, YOU CAN DO it!!!!!!!!! I have faith in You, YOU need to have faith in YOUR SELF!.
Cheers, Tina
Larry
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

You're welcomed. You might like this.

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2012/02/pow ... n-abc.html

And if you google "bigglee.blogspot.com burt ward" they have quite a few Burt Ward links.

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Jesusismysuperhero

Progress Pigment wrote:You're welcomed. You might like this.

http://bigglee.blogspot.com/2012/02/pow ... n-abc.html

And if you google "bigglee.blogspot.com burt ward" they have quite a few Burt Ward links.

I <3 that! That's a great link! When I have more time I'm going to look through the blog more thoroughly... Thanks so much for everything!
KustomJeff

Post by KustomJeff »

Welcome aboard, this is a great place!
I'm on Instagram as kustomjeff if you want to see more toy pics and some motorcycle stuff too. :-P
Jesusismysuperhero

KustomJeff wrote:Welcome aboard, this is a great place!
Thank you!! :)
Jesusismysuperhero

Larry A. wrote:If it is any help, I went back to college in my early 30's, and I was married, working, and had 2 small children, Tina. Yes it was to juggle everything, but I made the "President's" and "Dean's Lists. What I am getting at, Tina, is that You CAN equal or even BEAT what "Dick Grayson" did in school and college. Remember that the character had a great advantage over You and I: He was learning from Bruce both as Bruce with private Tutors and as Batman. If I can do it, and I am of average intelligence, YOU CAN DO it!!!!!!!!! I have faith in You, YOU need to have faith in YOUR SELF!.
Cheers, Tina
Wow! That's amazing! I consider you a real life superhero!
Yeah. You are absolutely right: Dick definitely had more than a slight advantage when it came to education.
Thank you for having faith in me!
Have a great day! :)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

You are MOST Welcome, Tina. I'm just an ordinary person, doing my own thing :D . One thing I have learned from my life experience is that a degree ( or degrees) is NOT the end unto itself it was for my parents and grandparents: It is a START! The best way to beat diseases of the mind as One ages is to keep on learning new things. E.G. This Fall, I'm not only going to find a way to learn to fly for fun, but I'm learning to sail and find my way with a sextant, compass and charts which means that I am having to learn not only geometry all over again, but spherical trigonometry! I'm not saying this for a "pat on the back" or an "attaboy" but to encourage You to keep on learning once You do get Your degree. Again, If I can do it, You can do it.
By the way, FWIW, I'm 62 and old enough to be Your Grand Dad so I KNOW You can DO it!!!! :lol:
Keep the Faith with Yourself and others of us will keep it with and for You! :D

Peace be with You and Yours,
Larry
Jesusismysuperhero

Larry A. wrote:You are MOST Welcome, Tina. I'm just an ordinary person, doing my own thing :D . One thing I have learned from my life experience is that a degree ( or degrees) is NOT the end unto itself it was for my parents and grandparents: It is a START! The best way to beat diseases of the mind as One ages is to keep on learning new things. E.G. This Fall, I'm not only going to find a way to learn to fly for fun, but I'm learning to sail and find my way with a sextant, compass and charts which means that I am having to learn not only geometry all over again, but spherical trigonometry! I'm not saying this for a "pat on the back" or an "attaboy" but to encourage You to keep on learning once You do get Your degree. Again, If I can do it, You can do it.
By the way, FWIW, I'm 62 and old enough to be Your Grand Dad so I KNOW You can DO it!!!! :lol:
Keep the Faith with Yourself and others of us will keep it with and for You! :D

Peace be with You and Yours,
Thank you for the encouragement! Good luck to you with learning to fly and learning to sail! :)
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Thank You, Tina. By the Way, ( capital letter on "Way" IS deliberate), I like Your moniker.....a lot!
Fortunately, Tina, the sailing part will be just a matter of re-learning as I used to sail on a small sailboat.
As far as flying, it will probably be an ultralight ( U.S. rules), but I would like to make a "Batplane" version of it. :D
I'm going to start off with a groundschool and see how things go from there.
I appreciate Your encouragement, Tina. We all need to support each other in our endeavors, because if We DON'T, who will. To put it into Navy terms, "Here's to Us and Those like Us: Because No one will watch out for us!". That's a slight paraphrase, BTW.
Peace, Tina,
Larry
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Jesusismysuperhero wrote:
Gorshin Romero wrote:Welcome aboard Tina, but remember, all good students of Gotham City use their school time to study and make good grades; after all, Dick Grayson is the top student in his class.

Nonetheless, in your free time i'm sure you will find plenty of interesting people here on the forums.

BTW----I don't know how old you are, but I'm pleased to hear that you appreciate the humor of the show.

Best Regards,

Gorshin Romero
I am in college. My mom watched the show as a kid and she got me into watching it on MeTV on Saturday nights.

Also, thank you for the reminder to use my school time wisely, as I tend to be a bit of a slacker.
I will try to study harder and make good grades, but I doubt I will ever meet Dick Grayson standards. That is setting the bar really high!

Well KUDOS to your mother for having good taste in television shows! While my wife and I enjoy some TV shows together ("Gotham" and "Mad Men" and "The Rockford Files"), I must admit that "Batman" is a Gorshin Romero thing. Funny how my wife enjoys "Gotham" with me although she does complain about the "dark nature" of the series, nonetheless we both enjoy it.

Anyway, we're glad to have you on board.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

All right, Gorshin!!!!! I'm another "Rockford Files" fan!!!!!! "Gotham is very good!!!! I loved "Madmen" as I remember a lot of the styles on my Mom, Dad, and other relatives. IMHO, it was a time when Men looked like Men and Women, dressed ( again IMHO) gorgeously when they dressed up! There were some VERY bad things during that time, tis true, but the good things were amazing!!!!

Cheers, Gorshin
Larry
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Larry A. I must admit that my fascination with "Mad Men" is the ERA that it takes place as I also remember that era even though I was a young boy at the time. In fact, the opening song to "That Thing You Do" ALSO reminds me of that era, specifically riding the bus with my mom and my sister to my grandma's house. My grandma had a number of "Sing Along With Mitch" albums that sound a lot like "Lovin' You Lots & Lots" from the movie. Although i am pleased with my current lot in life (not satisfied mind you, but pleased), i have to wonder what my life would have been like had I been Don Draper's age during that time. There's a young man in my office who sits in the cubicle adjacent to mine. He also is a "Mad Men" fan. While we both are married and we agreed that we work with several very attractive women, we also agreed that "we need more JOANs in our office."

My grandma was also a "Rockford Files" fan, but I didn't get an appreciation for it until recently; thankfully my wife likes it too.

As for "Gotham" I have some observations: in the first season, there was stand-up coming auditioning in Fish Mooney's night club. Fish Mooney said "Make me laugh" but he got nervous watching the interaction with the gangsters and Falcone's men. I thought sure that HE would be the eventual Joker character, but as you know somebody else started that as the Red Hood but eventually...well...you know.

The second thing I noticed was this: For all the times Detective Gordon has been hit in the head, perhaps THAT is why he eventually turned into the Neil Hamilton version of Commissioner Gordon!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

OMG!!!!"Sing Along with Mitch"!!!!!! Now THAT'S a blast from the past!!!!! Not only did We have the Mitch Miller albums, but it was a family show EVERY week. Everything stopped for it, much as it did for Dad and I with "Batman"! If I had been Don Draper's age in the early 60's, I might be dead by now, due to age, among other things. I liked the Rockford Files as did my whole Family. I thought James Garner did quite well as "Maverick" and all of His films, like "Support Your Local Sheriff"!
IMHO, Detective Gordon eventually turns into the Gary Oldman version of Gordon, but that's just me. LOL
Feel free to E-mail me anytime with Your thoughts, my Friend!
Cheers and peace to You and Yours,
Larry