RIP Patty Duke

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

RIP Patty Duke

Post by Dr. Shimel »

No, she never appeared on Batman, but her self-titled program followed the first part of the first season episodes. That presumably should have guaranteed her show a great lead-in audience, but ABC still cancelled the show in April 1966. According to Duke in her autobiography, the show's producers were too cheap to go to color episodes, which ABC was demanding of all its shows.
Batman65

Re: RIP Patty Duke

Post by Batman65 »

Again, another entertainer gone too soon. I also see the Governor from Benson left us yesterday too. 2016 has been a rough one in that regard so far. Rest in peace Patty Duke. You will be missed.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP Cathy and Patty Lane.
BAT CAVERN

Post by BAT CAVERN »

Patty Duke's third husband, the second "Prince of Puzzles", is said to have a birthday today...

Greetings and Salutations, John Astin:

http://www.batmanytb.com/tv/60series/ep ... ap0028.jpg

!!!!!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Happy Birthday.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Condolences to John Astin and the family of Patty Duke; R.I.P. Patty Duke. I'm sure that William Schallert has shed a few tears in recent days.
Bat-Tiger

Post by Bat-Tiger »

R.I.P. to a television pioneer, and tv legend.
/|\=^..^=/|\
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

When I was a schnick back in the early '70s I used to love watching her movie 'Billie' on the Detroit morning movie show Dialing for Dollars with Rita Bell. Good times and great entertainment. Thank you, Patty, for all the great acting you gave us in your shows and movies - especially that scary '70s TV movie where you were trapped alone in a lighthouse with some stranger following you around. :shock:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Yellow Oval wrote:When I was a schnick back in the early '70s I used to love watching her movie 'Billie' on the Detroit morning movie show Dialing for Dollars with Rita Bell. Good times and great entertainment. Thank you, Patty, for all the great acting you gave us in your shows and movies - especially that scary '70s TV movie where you were trapped alone in a lighthouse with some stranger following you around. :shock:
I don't remember that one, but I do remember "She Waits" when she was possessed by the ghost of Elaine, her husband's first wife.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Gorshin Romero,

I didn't recall She Waits until I found it on YouTube and suddenly remembered it from seeing David McCallum. That was one creepy flick. Those TV ghost movies and series were the thing back then and were really cool to watch. The Patty Duke movie I was talking about was called The Cliff from 1970. Great TV times....
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Yellow Oval: I'll have to check out The Cliff if it's on You Tube or somewhere else. Yeah I used to enjoy "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark" "Trilogy Of Terror" "The Night Stalker" "The Night Strangler" Curtis Harrington's "Dead Of Night" "She Waits" and "When Michael Calls" although I'd love to find a copy of "The Eyes Of Charles Sand" in its entirety.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

You can get it for under $14 on Amazon. It was full version on YouTube last year and several years prior. If it had took off with big ratings and gone to series, it would have been great for Adam West's career. And for us! He was similar to Dr. Watson to Holmes to the Charles Sand character. Now it's just sort of an anomaly. Oddly enough, Peter Haskell was on an episode of 'The Green Hornet'. at one point he wears a crimson day-glow devil costume! sometime in the 70's I saw this & really believed the character was playing the devil. A real let-down when I finally saw it as an adult.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAEFOPTPXzU
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

Progress Pigment: Thanks for the info! I'll have to order a copy of it. Years ago when I was a boy in the 70s i recall seeing the previews for "The Eyes Of Charles Sand" and it looked really good, but I had forgotten about it and missed it! I don't recall seeing it in reruns, so the opportunity to purchase it on Amazon pleases me. I appreciate that.