BATMOBILE DRIVES ITSELF??

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

chetchumley

BATMOBILE DRIVES ITSELF??

Post by chetchumley »

While watching episode,,"THE PENGUIN SETS A TREND" BATMAN programs the BATMOBILE to reach location they will be landing at,,i have often wondered how they had the bat mobile driving thru GOTHAM ?? i even slowed it down,,frame by frame,,and as far as i can tell there is NO ONE :o ...DRIVING..just wondered how they achieved this special effect?..???
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: BATMOBILE DRIVES ITSELF??

Post by Scott Sebring »

Look how THICK the driver's seat is in that scene you went frame by frame with. The driver is in that.
Batman S02E43 - Penguin Sets a Trend - 0435.jpg
Batman S02E43 - Penguin Sets a Trend - 0439.jpg
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

A scene re-used in the second Louie the Lilac episode (where Bruce and Dick are kidnapped), since the budget was obviously down to its last $5. :lol:
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Scott is correct. Also notice that the steering wheel was modified for this scene to a full circle, not the cut aircraft style. It was left that way for the later scene when Batman in the armour suit is driving. There are 2 frames driverless where you can see the stunt drivers hand on the wheel (4-5 o'clock postion).
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

THANK YOU CITIZENS !!! lol but i,m still having trouble seeing the driver ;) ....guess the old eyes aint what they used to be,,,,p.s i,m gonna go back & watch that scene again !! :lol:
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

i did notice a slight head shape also,,,noticed hands at one point.....HOLY RELIEF!! only took me 50 years to find this out...lol....what other surprises await ????????? TUNE IN TMRW !
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Scott Sebring wrote:Look how THICK the driver's seat is in that scene you went frame by frame with. The driver is in that.
Batman S02E43 - Penguin Sets a Trend - 0435.jpg
Batman S02E43 - Penguin Sets a Trend - 0439.jpg
It looks to me, if you blow the photos up, that somebody is sitting right in the driver seat with a black sheet or blanket over their head.
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

do ya think ? the producers ever imagined back in "66" that people would ever be discussing a scene like this ??? :shock: .....all i can say they did a great job of disguising the driverless BATMOBILE driver :lol: ..even by 1966 technology,,,,my cowls off to them !