5 TV shows canceled due to an idiotic mistake

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Dr. Shimel

Re: 5 TV shows canceled due to an idiotic mistake

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Progress Pigment wrote:And we hardly ever got to see Batman and Gordon interacting alone, as we had in "The Riddler's False Notion". (At last, the fabulous batcave!")
Ironically, 50 years ago tonight. :o
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Nice!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Mr.Freeze

Post by Mr.Freeze »

Same with classic Dallas , last few seasons were a chore to get thru :/
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

SprangFan wrote: I actually don't think it's unreasonable to have suggested giving Batman rotating partners in Batgirl and Robin. It's really awkward trying to cram so many people into a 30-minute show (less with commercials) and this might have helped. What really would have helped would have been a ground-up retooling of the whole show, but that's one of those darned-if-you-do, darned-if-you-don't situations.
I would've disliked having Robin as a rotating partner, I think his timing and chemistry with Adam shouldn't be underestimated. Out of 8 movies (not counting '66) Robin has only been in two, so I'm glad he was in every episode of this series. If there were a fourth, he would've been essential.

I agree about cramming so many people in. I suppose one could go on and on with all the missteps with the show; but who knows? Even if the quality had been better, it still may have been canceled; audiences may not have cared past a certain point.

Returning to the first season template would've been better if there'd been a fourth season. They could still have had the sparse sets but the attitude should've been better.

Perhaps the biggest mistake was in having Batman become the butt of the jokes. He was played seriously but usually prepared and competent. That diminished in the second season and got even worse in the third.
Oh well.