Ringling Bros. - with Adam West!!!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Progress Pigment

Ringling Bros. - with Adam West!!!

Post by Progress Pigment »

This is a nice find! Also, Anne Baxter is in this! Look closely -- is she wearing her prison outfit from 'Zelda the Great'?!! Or am I crazy? Look at the collar on her shirt and the pic below. (2:00) Adam West is certainly wearing his "Bruce Wayne" blazer complete with crest. (3:15) Wow, I love this sort of stuff.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTakJV0mhWg[/youtube]

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Phil B

Re: Ringling Bros. - with Adam West!!!

Post by Phil B »

It's very close but I think the stripes are narrower. She must have liked the look though.
Attachments
Ann Baxter.jpg
Ann Baxter.jpg (155.4 KiB) Viewed 3048 times
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

This is fun! I think Anne's shirt at the circus has thinner stripes and are closer together the her Zelda prison outfit. But this was so great! Thanks for posting!
Music. BAT! Music.
Progress Pigment

Interesting that in the clip more was made of Adam West than Michael Landon, who had a very successful post-Bonanza career. Seeing Adam here it's again surprising that he didn't do better in films or TV later on. In the right thing -- possibly something in the supernatural genre, he might have killed. In his book He mentioned that he had a chance of getting better representation but stuck with the guy he'd been with for years out of loyalty. But by then felt like it was a huge mistake. I tend to agree.

Oh, this pic has absolutely nothing to do with the post, but I've never see it or her before! Is this Batman (1989) as it should have been? The mind boggles.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/sally-james.html

BatMite

Post by BatMite »

Adam also makes an appearance here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIbsCenXR0
Progress Pigment

That's fantastic! A wonderful find. You can see Adam LOVED being a star. He was good at it. BTW, the Anne Baxter blouse is to a 99.9% certainty the prison top from "Zelda"! She bought or had a very similar version made? C'mon! Adam is wearing clothing from the series, why not her? The stripes are the same, it's identical. Just filmed less clearly and at a different angle. Too bad she ain't got the little hat on so there'd be no confusion. :)