I Love Season 3

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

clavierankh

Re: I Love Season 3

Post by clavierankh »

I think they wanted the episodes to be able to stand alone. If you didn't see last week's you wouldn't be totally lost.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

I understand but it's not some complex story, I'm sure some watched Part 2 of an episode after missing Part 1 and figured it out. Heck, people grew up with the cliffhangers in movie theatres; talk about underestimating the potential audience.

cheers
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I agree there should have been cliffhangers. The three parter gave them a chance to tell a more detailed story and they didn't take advantage of it. They dodn't give theit audience enough credit.
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

robinboyblunderer wrote:
Gernot wrote: In Part 2 of the Londonium serial, and in the episode where King Tut found the Batcave. :)
I don't know why they didn't go with the Winch trap as a cliffhanger from Part 2 to 3; it was perfectly set up, maybe add in a transition of Lady Ffogg and the girls taking Robin to the winch room. Did they really think people wouldn't tune in or something or forget a death trap a week later?

cheers
In a PERFECT world, that's what would have happened, Robinboyblunderer. This death-trap was VERY reminiscient (sp?) of Bookworm's clock bell trap. The only thing that would have changed would have been the lack of a Bat-fight in the rescue. :)
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

I found Batman entering the pub alone reminiscent (I before e except after c! But it doesn't apply here -- thanks google) of Batman entering the disco-tech alone in the pilot. That scene & Batman fighting off a bar-full of goons, drunks, and women(?) all on Lord Ffogg's payroll was as good or better than anything else we saw in season three. A pound note still does it's job. :) And the only time I remember seeing Batman "worked over".
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Progress Pigment wrote:I found Batman entering the pub alone reminiscent (I before e except after c! But it doesn't apply here -- thanks google) of Batman entering the disco-tech alone in the pilot. That scene & Batman fighting off a bar-full of goons, drunks, and women(?) all on Lord Ffogg's payroll was as good or better than anything else we saw in season three. A pound note still does it's job. :) And the only time I remember seeing Batman "worked over".
It was also one of the points in Season Three where we got the traditional S1/S2 fight music, which made it more enjoyable for me personally as it was a very brief respite from what Billy May was doing at that point.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Ben Bentley wrote:
Progress Pigment wrote:I found Batman entering the pub alone reminiscent (I before e except after c! But it doesn't apply here -- thanks google) of Batman entering the disco-tech alone in the pilot. That scene & Batman fighting off a bar-full of goons, drunks, and women(?) all on Lord Ffogg's payroll was as good or better than anything else we saw in season three. A pound note still does it's job. :) And the only time I remember seeing Batman "worked over".
It was also one of the points in Season Three where we got the traditional S1/S2 fight music, which made it more enjoyable for me personally as it was a very brief respite from what Billy May was doing at that point.
That hadn't occurred to me! But just watching it now, yeah, that's a big part of what makes it so great. We escaped season 3 for a too brief few moments. It's in this fight-scene montage on youtube, toward the end. Whoever put these together is an absolute saint.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmjIPRqPChs[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!