The Colonel Bogus March Part One

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TBolt

Re: The Colonel Bogus March Part One

Post by TBolt »

Christopher Lee to me would be a great 66 style Ra's Al Ghul. A Batman vs. Dracula would be something in the 66 format. Drac's henchmen would be tux wearing creeps.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

TBolt wrote:Christopher Lee to me would be a great 66 style Ra's Al Ghul. A Batman vs. Dracula would be something in the 66 format. Drac's henchmen would be tux wearing creeps.
Funny you should mention Christopher Lee as Ra's Al Ghul; my friend on here Model Builder had mentioned that same casting decision several times over the course of several of our conversations about the television show. So I might as well toss this out, whom would you cast as Talia?
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The Bruce Cabot idea was more like 'Get Smart', 'Captain Nice', or sadly, the third season of 'Batman'. It was meant to be a comedic takeoff on the 1940's serials that were playing in theaters & being laughed in the 60's. It probably would have been a one season failure like "My Living Doll".
Gorshin Romero wrote: ... I did once have an idea for a mad scientist type villain played by Peter Cushing. In that episode, if i had ever given it serious thought, I did want Christopher Lee to do a window cameo and make a remark about the Book Worm, since Roddy McDowell had often appeared in the Hammer and Amicus films as well.
I LOVE Amicus and those portmanteau films from the 60's/70's. Did you ever see Adam West's contribution to the genre? Maybe season 5 of Batman could have been Batman introducing horror tales ala "The Night Gallery". I like it! And there's another story idea! 'Batman's Tales From Beyond'.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLU8SLkNVg[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

Gorshin Romero wrote:
TBolt wrote:Christopher Lee to me would be a great 66 style Ra's Al Ghul. A Batman vs. Dracula would be something in the 66 format. Drac's henchmen would be tux wearing creeps.
Funny you should mention Christopher Lee as Ra's Al Ghul; my friend on here Model Builder had mentioned that same casting decision several times over the course of several of our conversations about the television show. So I might as well toss this out, whom would you cast as Talia?
Staying with Hammer stars, howabout Martine Beswick? She was in the Hammer adaptation of One Million BC. Be a bit of stunt casting.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

I LOVE Amicus and those portmanteau films from the 60's/70's. Did you ever see Adam West's contribution to the genre? Maybe season 5 of Batman could have been Batman introducing horror tales ala "The Night Gallery". I like it! And there's another story idea! 'Batman's Tales From Beyond'.

Yes whenever I want to do a 70s retro night on the weekend, one of the many choices I have is to watch one of those old Amicus or Hammer films with microwave popcorn covered in orange popcorn salt and that buttery flavored grease I used to enjoy back when neighborhood movie theaters were still around. Not too long ago I sat and watched "Legend of Hell House" starring Roddy MacDowell and "Fright" starring Susan George :D

I have to ask: what year is that clip from? Was that on a one-season series? I don't ever recall "Tales From Beyond" although it DOES remind me of that old Amicus classic "From Beyond The Grave" starring Peter Cushing.
Gorshin Romero

Post by Gorshin Romero »

TBolt wrote:
Gorshin Romero wrote:
Staying with Hammer stars, howabout Martine Beswick? She was in the Hammer adaptation of One Million BC. Be a bit of stunt casting.

Yes I think Martine Beswick could work.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Gorshin Romero wrote: I have to ask: what year is that clip from? Was that on a one-season series? I don't ever recall "Tales From Beyond" although it DOES remind me of that old Amicus classic "From Beyond The Grave" starring Peter Cushing.
**Off topic alert!!!** It came out in 2004, and was an actual film release. But probably straight to DVD. Yeah, Adam West was sort of like Peter Cushing in 'From Beyond The Grave', but certainly not so mild mannered. :) It ran on NETFLIX forever. On IMBD, surprisingly, most of the reviews are good!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371282/reviews?ref_=tt_urv

In Adam's book he mentioned he was thrilled to appear on one of his favorite shows, "Tales From The Crypt". So maybe he likes this stuff. Cool. I do too!

Look at the first 5 minutes. That's all the West you get.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9I4ChU-F8M[/youtube]
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!