TO THE BATPOLES podcast -- The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat-rss

TO THE BATPOLES podcast -- The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers

Post by bat-rss »

On the latest episode, we talk about the problems with (but also the good points of!) a Joker script that was clearly rewritten and left in a near-incomprehensible state...

http://tothebatpoles.libsyn.com/041-whe ... ker-script
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
zippgun

Re: TO THE BATPOLES podcast -- The Impractical Joker/The Joker's Provokers

Post by zippgun »

I gave Cornelia a place on this blog for villainesses, and wrote about the episode more generally there a while ago -

http://evilbabes.wikia.com/wiki/Cornelia
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I've only just got around to catching this latest episode. It turns out that Jay Thompson passed away all of two years ago. I really would have loved to reach out to him and perhaps learn a little more about the original story he wrote from the horses mouth. I'm intrigued as to what was so radical that it rubbed Charles Hoffman sufficiently the wrong way that he saw fit not only to adapt the story so bizarrely into the final teleplay but also to never give Jay another shot at writing for the show.
bat-rss

Post by bat-rss »

I've got a few answers about Thompson's original script (though not as many as I'd like to have) that I'll share in the Marsha episode of TO THE BATPOLES this coming Thursday, 9/15/16...
"I'm half-demented with whimsical outrage!"
-- The Joker, in a line cut from "The Joker's Epitaph"
High C

Post by High C »

bat-rss wrote:I've got a few answers about Thompson's original script (though not as many as I'd like to have) that I'll share in the Marsha episode of TO THE BATPOLES this coming Thursday, 9/15/16...
Looking forward to it!
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17