Do you remember when you stopped watching Batman?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

TP-6597

Re: Do you remember when you stopped watching Batman?

Post by TP-6597 »

Like Process said; I'll let you know when it happens. ;-)

Kidding aside: As a kid watching the original run, it would have been whenever it went off the air from repeats or syndication. It was a different world back then. We had five TV channels, all of which went off the air at midnight. We watched what was offered and we had no control over it. I suspect it was sometime in the 70s.
“What's important is that the world know that all visitors to these teeming shores are safe, be they peasant or king.”
batfan95

Post by batfan95 »

I didn't technically "stop watching" it. I'm just a fan of a whole bunch of different things; Oz, Narnia, Hobbit, Winnie the Pooh, Spider-Man, Alice in Wonderland, Grimm's Fairy Tales, etc. So I'm watching a whole bunch of different movies and shows and such that have nothing to do with each other, because I like variety. So sometimes I watch Batman, and sometimes I don't. It's always been that way. And when I do watch Batman, it's not always the same one. Sometimes it's the '66 version, sometimes it's the Burton version, sometimes it's the Nolan version, and yes, sometimes it's the Schumacher version. But sometimes I watch other (non-Batman related) movies and shows.

But Batman is one of my favorite superheroes, and I'll always keep coming back to the different interpretations that have been put on film.
"I'm Batman."
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Honestly never. When I first saw it on TV in the 90's I tuned in every week. Even when the episodes dipped in quality in season 3 I was still hooked til the end.
VintageMike

Post by VintageMike »

Can't say so much as that I stopped watching it as much it stopped airing where I could easily find it for a time. If we are talking about Batman as whole, pretty much never. Every cartoon, every movie, pretty much followed them all. I actually enjoying watching the early part of "The Batman" on Netflix now as I found that show later on in it's run.