***SPOILERS*** ROTCC Discussion

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

batfatty

Re: ***SPOILERS*** ROTCC Discussion

Post by batfatty »

I loved:
That one of the Onomatopoeias (had to look up the spelling) in the early fights was "SPRANG!". The ears on the space helmet. The earnest reading of the diplomacy line. Everything to do with Catwoman.

I was surprised how good it was. It didn't just pander to my deeply nostagic feelings about the show, it was actually funny and clever and goofy in a way I didn't think was possible. I think it's so low on WARNER's radar, that the people that made it had free reign to make something inventive, smart and less on-model than if there were 100s of millions at stake.

I loved it. Great fun.
Golddragon71

Post by Golddragon71 »

I loved that they referenced a couple of nods to the live action movies.
1st during the fight on the space station when Batman goes dark he takes a line from Batman '89
NOW, YOU WANNA GET NUTS?!? C'MON! Let's get nuts!
then the second bit was when Catwoman suggested that they run away together to Europe and sip tea in a cafe in Paris and live happily ever after.
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"
Bat Username

Post by Bat Username »

batfatty wrote:I loved:
The earnest reading of the diplomacy line.

I was surprised how good it was. It didn't just pander to my deeply nostagic feelings about the show, it was actually funny and clever and goofy in a way I didn't think was possible.
Yes, I was genuinely surprised by how clever it was and just how many different ways it managed to entertain.

You don't happen to recall that diplomacy line do you? I want to say it was something along the lines of "I so despise the breakdown of diplomacy..." but as noted, it had me laughing too much to remember exactly. I do know it followed another of my favorites- Batman's assertion that an intergalactic rocket is merely another tool in the crimefighter's arsenal. (So true, so true.)
batfatty

Post by batfatty »

I would also mention that I loved the Aunt Harriet stuff. It was kind and funny and the actor's voice was as spot on as Wally's Riddler and Gotham Palace's William Dozer imitation.
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Quillpen Quirch wrote:When that red sign in the batcave tunnel zipped past, I just thought "freeze-frame Easter egg"!

Okay, WB put that clip online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qU-nNNyY1g

We can now see that the sign says, "Exit From the Batcave". Not necessarily hilarious, but certainly in keeping with all the labels traditionally seen throughout the cave.
Bat Tom

Re: Favorite thing about ROTCC?

Post by Bat Tom »

Seeing Burt and Adam portray Batman and Robin was my highlight.
Bat Tom

Post by Bat Tom »

I cannot wait for the sequel.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

I love that this movie happened. Looking forward to the sequel with Two Face. LOL!
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

also saw movie at 2.00 p.m on long island..made my wife sit through it also.. :) anyway loved the idea of ADAM & BURT.being back on the big screen?? in animated form ;) last month i saw the BEATLES 8 DAYS A WEEK..this month BATMAN..i still get a kick out of the fact that they both are drawing crowd in theaters 50 yrs later,,anyway back to the BAT-FILM..i thought they missed an opportunity to give a nod and wink to the 77 BATMAN cartoon series. like..when BATMAN saw the 3 CATWOMAN,he could have rubbed his eyes only to open them and see ??????????????????????????????????BAT-MITE,,,,, :o from the 77 cartoon...BATMAN could have even said something like??????????? NOT "YOU AGAIN".. that would have fit in great...and also because they mentioned ADAM & BURT appeared before in" 77" as the dynamic duo !! this was noted among other BAT-FACTS on the screen as you walked into theatre before the movie started....
BilltheBat

Post by BilltheBat »

The Batmobile DID sound a bit more like a certain DeLorean than the old atomic turbine. Given the heavy dose of the past involved, I am not entirely surprised... :D
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

chetchumley wrote:i thought they missed an opportunity to give a nod and wink to the 77 BATMAN cartoon series. like..when BATMAN saw the 3 CATWOMAN,he could have rubbed his eyes only to open them and see ??????????????????????????????????BAT-MITE,,,,, :o from the 77 cartoon...BATMAN could have even said something like??????????? NOT "YOU AGAIN".. that would have fit in great.
Not a bad joke although it might have watered down the three Catwomen joke... one of the highlights of the film. There was however an actual
nod of sorts to the 77 series (or a blooper that just comes of as such lol). When all of Batman's duplicates turn to dust and Robin yells, "Holy Spontaneous Combustion!" the colors of his circled "R" are reversed just like in the 77 series.
Milnod

Post by Milnod »

Loved it- way better than I expected- Adams voice was at first a little off as he's older now- but you get used to it and it's seemed to get better as the movie progressed. I liked the end rolling credits the bat dance with cat woman- great fun! The Penguins blimp etc... Great..great fun- see it.
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Rogues GalleryImage
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Thanks for the Rogue's Gallery portrait, A. Pennyworth! I never noticed Black Widow during the Fathom screening.

And BTW, did anyone else expect a version of "Miranda" during the final Gotham Palace scene?

Cheers,

QQ
Golddragon71

Re: ***SPOILERS*** Favorite thing about ROTCC?

Post by Golddragon71 »

Adam West Channeling the Michael Keaton and the Frank Miller Batman
Batman doing the disappearing act while Commissioner Gordon's talking.
The Giant Dinosaur, past costumes and Playing card trophies in the Batcave.
Robin looking like a cross between Groucho Marx and Albert Einstein
The Army of rogues vs the Batmen
The Gotham Palace Camera being set at a Dutch Angle for the Battle.
"Someone might be able to substitute for Batman, for a very short time, but no one could ever replace him!"